Educational

Author Topic: People's views regarding transpeople  (Read 15736 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: People's views regarding transpeople
« Reply #480 on: April 29, 2011, 03:07:36 AM »
I was the one who told GA about the thread, just thinking it might be interesting to her. I didn't think the shit would hit the fan though and I am sorry that she is going to leave over it.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #481 on: April 29, 2011, 03:11:22 AM »
Not your fault. I actually considered telling her myself on facebook, and might have done if she'd kept being mentioned without seeing it

I think she shouldn't delete her account though. There might be a random thread she wants to read one day in a hidden forum

Just staying away from here would be better I think (for her I mean)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #482 on: April 29, 2011, 03:13:53 AM »
Yeah I agree.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #483 on: April 29, 2011, 03:20:38 AM »
Bint has left so won't be replying. Dunno if she's coming back or not, but I don't think she plans to

She's left the board?

think so

Ah. Well, I'm pretty sure she will return, eventually.

What's interesting is how she started this thread with some obvious, albeit misdirected, passion but then failed to participate in the actual discussion. I would have thought that since she seems to feel so strongly about these matters she would take the time to post. :-\

That's what happens when you make a thread out of sudden emotional urge rather than thinking it out. Good riddance I say.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #484 on: April 29, 2011, 08:03:15 AM »
I am still kind of hoping Rissy can actually back their accusations and inferences. Seems they can judge and even give the impression of both reasonableness and level-headed intelligence, but push comes to shove they can not actually follow through when their methods and delivery are questioned.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #485 on: April 29, 2011, 08:06:41 AM »
That big girl's blouse? he couldn't defend us from a 2 foot tall gay teddy bear  :autism:

BAD SOPH!

GO TO MY ROOM.  :squiddy:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #486 on: April 29, 2011, 10:45:31 AM »
I was the one who told GA about the thread, just thinking it might be interesting to her. I didn't think the shit would hit the fan though and I am sorry that she is going to leave over it.

No need to say sorry, it's not your fault.

However I was kind of expecting a shitstorm to happen though, hell the moment I saw Bint post the thread I thought, "Aww shit, wait until GA sees this."

Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #487 on: April 29, 2011, 10:53:50 AM »

No need to say sorry, it's not your fault.

However I was kind of expecting a shitstorm to happen though, hell the moment I saw Bint post the thread I thought, "Aww shit, wait until GA sees this."

:indeed:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #488 on: April 29, 2011, 11:12:05 AM »
I guess she felt like addressing it when she made the thread and then realised she couldn't be arsed with all the bullshit

Although to be fair, I don't think this would have kicked off without the GA stuff

All the bullshit? Oh, I see, she would have been forced to actually defend and back up her opinions.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #489 on: April 29, 2011, 11:13:28 AM »

TBH, I think GA is a bit too sensitive for this place.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #490 on: April 29, 2011, 11:17:00 AM »
Pretty much. Still threads like this cause drama and drama causes more activity and inevitably more lulz.
I know "It is all boring, blah, blah"...but seriously go through it and see if you don't laugh, chortle or at least smile in some bits.

OK maybe that is just me. Sorry. Where exactly were we? Were we at the bit where Rissy backs a claim or are we still at the bit where Rissy is judging us and laying accusations and inference rather thick and saying that it is evident without actually backing themselves?

Where the fuck is that fast forward button?  :autism:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #491 on: April 29, 2011, 11:40:48 AM »
People say it's boring but I actually like having something to properly discuss or argue about on here. At least now and then. Just posting my random spammy shit isn't really intersting (to me or anyone else)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #492 on: April 29, 2011, 11:48:41 AM »
Yeah, this thread is an interesting example of how this place works. I think it's been one of the better ones lately, because there has actually been some serious discussion and heated debate. The n00b isn't very good at backing their shit up, yet, but maybe that will happen, eventually? I'm being nice. The n00b hasn't backed up anything yet.

You could always start doing your "this is me..." drawings again if you want to spam, Soph. I love those.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #493 on: April 29, 2011, 11:54:33 AM »
Yeah, this thread is an interesting example of how this place works. I think it's been one of the better ones lately, because there has actually been some serious discussion and heated debate.

:agreed:

You could always start doing your "this is me..." drawings again if you want to spam, Soph. I love those.

I haven't done any of those for ages. I did shitloads back when I had my old computer - I have about 200 of them on my website iirc  :zombiefuck:

I haven't done any on the "new" MS Paint (the one on windows 7) so might give it a go later

maybe "here's me being persecuted for my gendertardedness"  :zoinks:

Osensitive1

« Reply #494 on: April 29, 2011, 11:56:37 AM »
I have about 200 of them on my website iirc 
Wow. Should have them bound into a book. Would make a nice gift for the mum.