Author Topic: People's views regarding transpeople  (Read 15747 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: People's views regarding transpeople
« Reply #435 on: April 28, 2011, 07:24:16 PM »
Thought not. Just swan in, post some mindless accusations about other people and then fuck off and leave

Pathetic

This post reminds me of Bint's first two posts in this thread.
Why Soph...why?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

midlifeaspie

« Reply #436 on: April 28, 2011, 07:25:04 PM »
If we all just admit to being cis-sexist will she go away?  Will that be a "win", and she and GA can carry on with their lives in the peace and comparative security of ... wherever they fuck off to?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #437 on: April 28, 2011, 07:26:42 PM »
Need more tits yet?
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

midlifeaspie

« Reply #438 on: April 28, 2011, 07:28:39 PM »

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #439 on: April 28, 2011, 07:38:25 PM »
If we all just admit to being cis-sexist will she go away?  Will that be a "win", and she and GA can carry on with their lives in the peace and comparative security of ... wherever they fuck off to?

No life is a rough place and I think it is helpful for Rissy to back themselves. We are nothing but helpful here and I think that if Rissy is struggling to make themselves understood here, on pretty critical points integral to how they see people generally, it doesn't bode well. Better having to have them actually make a point and take a stand on it, and rise or fall on it.
I actually get the feeling in this PC world that we live in people are not seriously questioning Rissy. They either switch off, have no idea what Rissy is on about or they sycophantically agree, just to be seen as doing the right thing without questioning whether it is really right or not.
I doubt Rissy is much used to deeper examination of the things they hold near and dear and this has lead to a some pretty fanciful idea about what other's think and a want to judge as Odeon has pointed out again and again.
There is a word for this kind of judging and it is not a pretty one.

No I think it is best we humour Rissy and their strange assumptions about the world and what people do or don't think and that is key to the OP. Let's engage in debate and find out passed the inferences and implications and the unexplained why Rissy takes these strange assumptions and is finding it difficult in simply backing what they are holding out as fact.

That said Tits is welcome in any thread.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 08:11:26 PM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #440 on: April 28, 2011, 07:40:56 PM »

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #441 on: April 28, 2011, 07:57:20 PM »
I didn't mind Rissy at first but seriously , she's full of botty-burp  :zoinks:

Are GA's friends all invading the place now btw?  :orly:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #442 on: April 28, 2011, 08:05:28 PM »

eris: I'm really just being persistent and replying to people's posts. If I was being sensitive I would be raging and demanding you to respect Kayleigh, but I know she won't find it from people who hate her. I'm not arguing against you or talking about you so you don't need to read this if you don't wish to.

You're being sensitive because you are taking everything so seriously. tits or GTFO

:plus:

You win this thread. That is the crux of the problem with the zealous political correct types. The preaching and lack of ability to work with an audience without alienating it, is the biggest annoyance I have with them. No sense of compromise or humour whatsoever, and I'm afraid that reconcilation requires a two-sided effort. You can never expect ANYONE to fully endorse your views, but at least be considerate enough to respect some of them. That's where the argumentive strategies come in. Also you cannot stoop to the same level of judgmental thinking without loosing any moral high ground in the process; because you cannot become like your opponent in order to fight your opponent.

I mean, talk about them lacking charismatic charm to sway an audience. ::)
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #443 on: April 28, 2011, 08:10:32 PM »
Thought not. Just swan in, post some mindless accusations about other people and then fuck off and leave

Pathetic

Why Soph...why?

Not the same

She had been reading the thread and not bothered to reply, but gone off posting elsewhere. After I asked her to respond, she again did the same.

imo She also needs to "back her shit up" if other people do. Or is she exempt from that?

Osensitive1

« Reply #444 on: April 28, 2011, 08:12:54 PM »
Not the same

She had been reading the thread and not bothered to reply, but gone off posting elsewhere. After I asked her to respond, she again did the same.

imo She also needs to "back her shit up" if other people do. Or is she exempt from that?
Agreed; not the same at all.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #445 on: April 28, 2011, 08:16:31 PM »

Pathetic

Why Soph...why?

Not the same

Maybe you are right. To be honest I did see you do this to her once already and she responded and then you do it again. Maybe she will or won't.
I would respond straight away as soon as I was aware but I am reactive and won't think much through more than the right there and then.
She may be mulling it over or ignoring it or have (like me) missed out on what you were calling her on.
I am not a hypocrite though. I do think people ought to respond and back their claims. (If they know what the claims are - I honestly don't)

Osensitive1

« Reply #446 on: April 28, 2011, 08:17:51 PM »
This thread is too much to care to read. Read your last post, Rissy. 'You' type talker with notions of 'everyone' assuming hate from people who don't know each other well enough to care enough to hate. Have no idea how to process much less respond.  

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #447 on: April 28, 2011, 08:24:39 PM »
This thread is long yes, and full of crap. I am going to take this elsewhere, les

midlifeaspie

« Reply #448 on: April 28, 2011, 08:24:51 PM »
Is this still going on?  :autism:

Osensitive1

« Reply #449 on: April 28, 2011, 08:25:38 PM »
Not the same

Agreed; not the same at all.
Sorry, Heinrich. Misunderstood this. Thought you were talking about Binty, not Callaway.