Author Topic: People's views regarding transpeople  (Read 15720 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: People's views regarding transpeople
« Reply #390 on: April 28, 2011, 10:24:37 AM »
I like arguing to tell the truth.

I know none of you suspected this.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #391 on: April 28, 2011, 10:26:16 AM »
Well I never heard of that word cissexism until she first mentioned it. I thought it was just made up bullshit like how new Politically Correct terms are invented when old ones become worn and tainted. But then I thought it sounded like a new Cisco router name too. Cisco Exism lol.

Edit: Ha, fuck you word filter, I know hax. :zoinks:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #392 on: April 28, 2011, 10:27:23 AM »
I like arguing to tell the truth.

I know none of you suspected this.

:orly:

"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Rissy

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #393 on: April 28, 2011, 10:53:06 AM »
Lol~ Word-filter it all you want, but that's just going to make botty-burp your new favourite word  >:D
If you want to be immature about it I can necro every available thread with discussion of botty-burp, but I can take a joke.

More advanced trolling is relevant to the topic, but in a way making fun of or provoking the subject. And the fact that it was a mocking argument making fun of an individual instead of actually debating the argument she made against you, it counts as trolling. Passive aggressiveness isn't necessarily subtle anyway, it's just about the attitude and method. Your response right there is perfect troll reasoning. I know because I can be a troll myself. It seems to me that your arguments consist of acting dumb and demanding evidence which you then reject. Are you just trying to troll me until I leave or are you actually going/trying to make a point against me?

You complain about all the links Kayleigh post around so why would you want me to post them? I'm not even complaining about most of the membership I'm mostly trying to debate with odeon. You don't do anything but pick at the wording I use. To avoid botty-burp, you have to treat a transwoman like a ciswoman and a transman like a cisman. The obvious infraction is refusing to use the right pronouns. Anyone here who does that is cissexist. It doesn't make a single difference what your opinion on transsexualism is, it's still botty-burp.

Now I'm not here to tell you what to do with your life, or what to believe. But I am calling people on their botty-burp and it's up to them to live with it or not. Other than that, I'm happy to debate with people over their justification for botty-burp.

bodaccea: While transitioning is a choice, transsexualism is just something you're born with, like autism. Since you were born with proper gender identity, of course you don't understand the feeling of changing your sex. If you want to ponder how if feels, just imagine all your everyday tasks as if everyone viewed you as a guy and responded as such. Getting past perversion at your own new genitals and stuff guys are allowed to do, you can't really express yourself in the same way and I'm sure it just wouldn't feel right.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #394 on: April 28, 2011, 10:56:40 AM »
 :yawn:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #395 on: April 28, 2011, 11:06:04 AM »
rissy you seem to be a

Debate all you want it's boring as fuck

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #396 on: April 28, 2011, 11:15:45 AM »
Why are you still ignoring what I said, Callaway?

What, that I should call GA a "she" because renaeden does now?

GA's still her husband and I still think he's a selfish ass for doing what he did to her, but I can understand why she would forgive him for that and still love him regardless.

I have known him for a very long time as a man, so in my brain, he's set as a man.

If someone I loved (like my daughter, for example) told me that they felt trapped in a body of the wrong gender, then I would love them and do everything I could to help them, including making a conscious concerted effort to call them the gender-based pronoun of their choice, even though in my brain they would still be set as the gender that I have known them as for their whole lives, at least for a very long time, if not forever.

GA seems to show up here these days only if some trans issue pops up so he can condescendingly lecture the rest of us how we should think and act.  Plus, he has asked for his account to be deleted in a few days, so what difference will it make to him in the long run which gender-based pronoun someone on the other side of the world used to refer to him for his last few days?  Is this tiny difference worth me making a conscious concerted effort for his few remaining days here?  How much respect has he given the rest of us?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #397 on: April 28, 2011, 11:40:21 AM »
I mean I don't think I would ever say "but I am trans" in response to someone calling me a guy, because I see myself as a guy anyway

I can't remember where, but i think one was when eclair was asking for willy pics - i think you said it then.  Obviously it weren't just
those words,  there was a proper sentence of some kind.   

I just think of you as a bloke  :dunno:  I dont think trans is a nice word somehow
i am not talking of definitions - just the actual sound of the word.

If i was 'trans' i would complain about that word

But that was because it was relevant. It doesn't change the fct that I'm a guy. It's not like "trans" is instead of being any other guy. I was saying that if I wasn't trans then I would post pics.

And parts, if you're bored of this thread, stay out of it. I find a lot of conversations on here boring, so I just don't participate - not hard  :dunno:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #398 on: April 28, 2011, 11:44:13 AM »
I mean I don't think I would ever say "but I am trans" in response to someone calling me a guy, because I see myself as a guy anyway

I can't remember where, but i think one was when eclair was asking for willy pics - i think you said it then.  Obviously it weren't just
those words,  there was a proper sentence of some kind.   

I just think of you as a bloke  :dunno:  I dont think trans is a nice word somehow
i am not talking of definitions - just the actual sound of the word.

If i was 'trans' i would complain about that word

But that was because it was relevant. It doesn't change the fct that I'm a guy. It's not like "trans" is instead of being any other guy. I was saying that if I wasn't trans then I would post pics.

And parts, if you're bored of this thread, stay out of it. I find a lot of conversations on here boring, so I just don't participate - not hard  :dunno:

But I am in an annoying mood and want to post but all the action is here.  You must admit I am sure you like the thread better with tits in it :zoinks:

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #399 on: April 28, 2011, 11:46:36 AM »
Why are you still ignoring what I said, Callaway?

What, that I should call GA a "she" because renaeden does now?

GA's still her husband and I still think he's a selfish ass for doing what he did to her, but I can understand why she would forgive him for that and still love him regardless.

I have known him for a very long time as a man, so in my brain, he's set as a man.

If someone I loved (like my daughter, for example) told me that they felt trapped in a body of the wrong gender, then I would love them and do everything I could to help them, including making a conscious concerted effort to call them the gender-based pronoun of their choice, even though in my brain they would still be set as the gender that I have known them as for their whole lives, at least for a very long time, if not forever.

GA seems to show up here these days only if some trans issue pops up so he can condescendingly lecture the rest of us how we should think and act.  Plus, he has asked for his account to be deleted in a few days, so what difference will it make to him in the long run which gender-based pronoun someone on the other side of the world used to refer to him for his last few days?  Is this tiny difference worth me making a conscious concerted effort for his few remaining days here?  How much respect has he given the rest of us?

My main point was that you're using it as an excuse. At least just admit you don't wanna call GA "she" simply because of YOU. Not because of renaeden.

And what was it that was selfish about what she did to her?

Also it's not just about GA. Refusing to call her "she" is insulting to all transwomen. And yes I know I can't speak for other people, and they won't all be personally offended by it, but it is still a blanket insult which applies to all, just like one related to autism isn't just about the one person it's aimed at: it's at ALL autistic people, even if they won't all individually be offended by it.

If it's about respect, then I can point out that you've been referring to her as "he" long before she started "lecturing" you on it. Again, excuses

It's not hard just to call her "she." Especially in posts where you're actually talking ABOUT pronouns

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #400 on: April 28, 2011, 11:55:15 AM »
oh and for the record, I am NOT in any way trying to play down what's happened to renaeden here. I think anyone who knows how much my family concerns me in all this will know that - the effect on family of trans people is not something I take lightly at all

I just don't see how GA is being any more selfish than should be expected of anyone in her position

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #401 on: April 28, 2011, 12:22:03 PM »
oh and for the record, I am NOT in any way trying to play down what's happened to renaeden here. I think anyone who knows how much my family concerns me in all this will know that - the effect on family of trans people is not something I take lightly at all

I just don't see how GA is being any more selfish than should be expected of anyone in her position

If what Rissy said is true i think she is selfish.  That being that she 'led her on'    Of course that is selfish.

I have led people on myself in my youth - but never married any of them. 
blah blah blah

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #402 on: April 28, 2011, 12:37:07 PM »

Let me think.

Did you tell the most awesome woman you will ever meet in your entire life that your "trans stuff" was entirely in your past (when it wasn't) to entice her to marry you?

I didn't think that you would do something that selfish.

Are you completely preoccupied with your own feelings to the exclusion of the feelings of the rest of your family?

I don't think that you are.  Quite the opposite in fact, correct?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #403 on: April 28, 2011, 12:37:37 PM »
GA's still her husband

OK - I have finally put the last required piece together to understand some of the previous comments.   :asthing:

Oh, and  :yawn:

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #404 on: April 28, 2011, 12:41:48 PM »
GA's still her husband

OK - I have finally put the last required piece together to understand some of the previous comments.   :asthing:

Oh, and  :yawn:

:P

If you're so sleepy, you could take a nap and someone could wake you up when this is over.

:dream: