Educational

Author Topic: People's views regarding transpeople  (Read 15611 times)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: People's views regarding transpeople
« Reply #150 on: April 26, 2011, 08:50:30 AM »
^ Faggot

Pfft. ALLAH is a faggot, faggot.  :zoinks:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #151 on: April 26, 2011, 08:51:25 AM »
I see GA as a she. I'm not really attracted to her tho.  :laugh:
I will never stop...

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #152 on: April 26, 2011, 08:52:39 AM »
I see her as a she too now, but the name GA I still think of as a guy, so I am best calling her Kayleigh

midlifeaspie

« Reply #153 on: April 26, 2011, 08:52:44 AM »
 :GA:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #154 on: April 26, 2011, 08:53:20 AM »
Lol I just type GA cause its faster than kalieghhhe
I will never stop...

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #155 on: April 26, 2011, 08:57:20 AM »
If people doin't care then why is it any trouble for them to refer to her as "she"?

I could argue that it is no problem calling a dog a cat or a tree a fridge and as indifferent as I would be to this I think it impractical.
I may have a multitude of different reasons for wanting to identify things as to how they make sense to me and fall into my perception of the world that has no reflection on whether someone has now identified as a particular gender.

Does it necessarily mean it bothers me, upsets me, subjects my mind to sleepless ponderings, or that it is easier and fits into my perception?
If someone here was to identify themselves publicly as a psychic, a gay, an activist, a radical separatist, a Mormon, a werewolf,  would not care. Why would identifying with any of these things rock my boat and why ought I have to change my dealings with anyone based on how a person identifies with themselves?
What matters to me is what is inside. I don't care for the titles and what not people want to affix to themselves.

I told you once before Soph, you have a pretty good handle on you and what and whom you are. I think of you as Soph. Not Soph the bloke or Soph the girl or Soph who is 5'8" or Soph the Pom or Soph the pet owner or Soph the Uni student or whatever. Sure I know these things about
you but I judge you on what you write and on your interactions here. Mostly they are good and often insightful.

What little investment I have in you comes from what and how you post.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #156 on: April 26, 2011, 09:03:40 AM »
And all of that is fine, but I still don't see how it's a problem to refer to someone as the gender they indentify as, if you don't care. I mean it's obviously important to kayleigh, but not to you, so it surely doesn't take much just to be considerate? To me it is just about being polite.

For example when all that stuff was going on with you and PMSElle the other day, you seemed bothered by her "offending" hyke (although I don't see how she did)

Would it bother you if someone kept insisting you were not in a relationship with hyke because you'd never met? Or that you don't qualify as a partner as much as, say ebm does to cg?

(sorry to bring you into this btw hyke)

Sure it doesn't really matter what other people think online, especially about something private between you and hyke, but wouldn't you view it as kind of rude for someone to keep saying that?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #157 on: April 26, 2011, 09:07:23 AM »
Oops  :autism:

:popcorn:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #158 on: April 26, 2011, 09:08:46 AM »
Oops?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #159 on: April 26, 2011, 09:19:14 AM »
And all of that is fine, but I still don't see how it's a problem to refer to someone as the gender they indentify as, if you don't care. I mean it's obviously important to kayleigh, but not to you, so it surely doesn't take much just to be considerate? To me it is just about being polite.

For example when all that stuff was going on with you and PMSElle the other day, you seemed bothered by her "offending" hyke (although I don't see how she did)

Would it bother you if someone kept insisting you were not in a relationship with hyke because you'd never met? Or that you don't qualify as a partner as much as, say ebm does to cg?

(sorry to bring you into this btw hyke)

Sure it doesn't really matter what other people think online, especially about something private between you and hyke, but wouldn't you view it as kind of rude for someone to keep saying that?

I was not bothered by the insinuation to Hyke or what have you but it did give me something a little more to work with.
Made a point of some kind. I would have to re-read the thread in total to remember what was said where and how. You know how us old blokes are with our memories.  :autism:

That said. I am pretty comfortable with how I am with Hyke and our relationship. I don't really give a rat's fat crack what anyone else thinks.
Hell I went out of my way not to draw attention to her being my lady when we joined as i did not want her to be seen as an extension of me but rather her own personality unbiased.
I don't think I would want her backing me up or fighting my battles and visa versa. She has her own opinions and her own voice and I like that. I like that others like that about her. I am not as insecure as you may think (if it is you think such a think would bother me).
Personally I think you are just using an example and fishing and that is cool. The short answer is I don't and would not care?

Was that kind of what you were after?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #160 on: April 26, 2011, 09:22:52 AM »
I was just using an example of something I thought did bother yuou, yeah. You don't have to defend it to me

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #161 on: April 26, 2011, 09:24:54 AM »
I'll defend my farts into your face.  :zoinks:
I will never stop...

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #162 on: April 26, 2011, 09:31:11 AM »
I was just using an example of something I thought did bother yuou, yeah. You don't have to defend it to me

Ah OK. Then nope it would not bother me. Pretty comfortable with what and who I am. I am not saying I am ignorant to my flaws but accepting of them regardless.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #163 on: April 26, 2011, 11:39:52 AM »
If people doin't care then why is it any trouble for them to refer to her as "she"?

Because it requires a conscious effort.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #164 on: April 26, 2011, 11:40:43 AM »
btw I have no complaints about people being indifferent to trand people - that is how it should be, no different to anyone else you don't know

The problem is the indifference to transphobia compared to other kinds of intolerance. If someone is racist or sexist on here, plenty of people would jump on them for that, but it seems a lot of those people see transphobia as something that isn't much of a big deal. If that's how someone views racism/sexism/homophobia too, then cool, but it's the double standards that irk me.

That is just the way it comes across to me anyway. And definitely not everyone here

Where is this supposed transphobia, then? Links?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein