Educational

Author Topic: People's views regarding transpeople  (Read 14475 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: People's views regarding transpeople
« Reply #795 on: August 26, 2011, 06:06:41 PM »
Of course, I'd be willing to test my theory. :eyebrows:

Will you write a 200 page study on this complete, properly cited and documented, illustrated with no fewer than 100 illustrations?

Only if I can complete the fieldwork.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #796 on: August 26, 2011, 06:20:00 PM »
Ya know, Reagan claimed he was breastfed. Only problem was, his dentures kept slipping.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #797 on: August 26, 2011, 06:27:38 PM »
Ya know, Reagan claimed he was breastfed. Only problem was, his dentures kept slipping.

Thanks but that's not an image I particularly want to keep.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #798 on: August 27, 2011, 01:41:26 AM »
Sorry but I consider a woman's tits sexually arousing. Yes, they are for breast-feeding but something in me very strongly feels that there is more to it.

Seconded.

The arousing factor could be an ancient primitive instinct we have that allows men to subconsciously judge a women's fertility and ability to bear children by them. Not sure, but it would make some sense on why breasts are arousing I suppose. :-\

Like I said, I'm not sure on that.

Thirded.

Not just all about the personality in a woman.  :angel:

I am glad that women find men attractive. God only knows what the hell is attractive in a guy, I do not ponder over this too much but a woman's body is a wonderful thing.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #799 on: August 27, 2011, 12:30:05 PM »
the only thing that made them "sexual" , is some sluts brandishing their baps in lad magazines.  :thumbdn:
This made my eye twitch; but feeling quiet today. Maybe will argue with you about it later.

Apologies , that probably was a little heavy handed of me.

You have that backward Squiddy. Women get paid to show their tits in magazines because they are considered sexually arousing and were for millennia before whack books were published.

I'm referring to the over-sexualisation of boobs due to those kind of things making them considered more like genitalia than what they actually are , child nourishers , IMO.

Sorry but I consider a woman's tits sexually arousing. Yes, they are for breast-feeding but something in me very strongly feels that there is more to it.

It's apparently down to primal senses and all that malarchy.  :P

Wide hips and large breasts are signs of fertililty or at least percieved as allegedly, I'm not stating they are NOT supposed to be sexually arousing , just simply that they are not genitalia , because they aren't.

Seconded.

The arousing factor could be an ancient primitive instinct we have that allows men to subconsciously judge a women's fertility and ability to bear children by them. Not sure, but it would make some sense on why breasts are arousing I suppose. :-\

Like I said, I'm not sure on that.

Rofl , I already said that then noticed this post. :laugh:

I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Osensitive1

« Reply #800 on: August 27, 2011, 12:39:18 PM »
the only thing that made them "sexual" , is some sluts brandishing their baps in lad magazines.  :thumbdn:
This made my eye twitch; but feeling quiet today. Maybe will argue with you about it later.

Not a girl in a mag so no need for apology. Your statement gave the perception of blaming women, if even only certain women, for breast being considered sexual. You better explained in your response to PPK.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #801 on: August 27, 2011, 12:43:09 PM »
At this point in the discussion I once again want it for the record that I like boobs.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #802 on: August 27, 2011, 01:03:37 PM »

Not a girl in a mag so no need for apology. Your statement gave the perception of blaming women, if even only certain women, for breast being considered sexual. You better explained in your response to PPK.

Oh GOD no that was not my intention apologies. :laugh:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #803 on: August 27, 2011, 03:55:51 PM »

DELAWARE BEACHES: TRANSGENDERED MEN GO TOPLESS IN REHOBOTH
Action called upsetting, not illegal.

By IRA PORTER  The News Journal

Rehoboth Beach and the local Internet have been buzzing for days after a few transgendered men caused a stir on the beach over the holiday weekend by removing their tops and revealing their enhanced breasts.

Police there were called to the beach after lifeguards requested that the sunbathers replace their tops.

"Passers-by came up to the lifeguard and said they were alarmed and unhappy with the females showing their breasts," Police Chief Keith Banks said. "The lifeguard responded and saw that they were males."

Banks said police were called because the men originally refused to put their tops back on, but had consented before police arrived. Officers made sure the situation was under control, and no citations were issued.

Banks said it could have been difficult to issue a citation because Rehoboth law defines indecent exposure two ways:

"A male is guilty of indecent exposure if he exposes his genitals or buttocks under circumstances which he knows his conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to another person.

"A female is guilty of indecent exposure if she exposes her genitals, breasts or buttocks under circumstances which she knows her conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to another person."

So the men's behavior may have been upsetting, but it was not illegal.

"It is important to say that under Rehoboth law this was not against the law," Banks said. "In this case, they had male genitalia; therefore, they are not guilty of a crime."

Banks said police only enforce the laws and want to make sure that people who visit the beach are comfortable. Police have not had previous problems with this kind of behavior, and there is no need for a specific law to address it, Banks said.

Not all are so sure.

"We'll see if we need to address it," said Kathy McGuiness, one of Rehoboth's commissioners. McGuiness said this will be a topic at a town hall meeting next week.

"I can't speak for the mayor or anyone else. I can speak for myself because I am a commissioner. I hardly see us reversing the topless law. I don't think we are going to repeal it and allow women to go topless. Now if someone is going to go through the process of having implants, then they probably should think about following the laws of the person they would like to become," McGuiness said.

Steve Elkins, executive director of CAMP Rehoboth, a nonprofit based in Rehoboth that aims to promote a positive environment for the gay and lesbian community, essentially agreed.

"Technically it wasn't against the law. However, there are situations where people who -- because of feelings about their birth, because of who they are -- perceive themselves as females. I think we have to respect that, but on the other hand since they chose to identify themselves as females, they have to respect the law."

Elkins said he also thinks that it is horrific that some people who voiced outrage through radio talk shows and the Internet only have a problem because they were transgendered.

"Whoever called and complained (initially) complained about a woman having her top off," he said. "The people now trying to make something about the fact that they were also men, they are trying to have it both ways. You can't have it both ways."

lol, fucked up article. took me a minute to understand

good for them tho. the women I mean

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #804 on: August 28, 2011, 05:23:29 AM »
Interesting article, and it shows that whatever tyhe laws  are in the state/province/locale are, they have to be obeyed. Had they had a council ordinance where females could go topless as well, then there would have been no problem. The grey area existed because these people were male with female breasts, and therefore the people who complained thought they were breaking the law. What was a bit unnecessary, though, was inferring the complainants were trans people, virtually saying that they were troublemakers. The person who made that comment obviously let their mouth run away from them.

Osensitive1

« Reply #805 on: August 28, 2011, 05:53:30 AM »
Have to agree with the last sentence in the article. Would assume these people identify as female and exposed female breasts aren't allowed on the beach. If they're using the excuse of 'I'm not really a female' to get out of trouble for their behavior, then shame on them for being a detriment to who they are, and who they want other people to think they are.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #806 on: August 28, 2011, 06:34:45 AM »
I actually see no problem with it, as they are exposing retarded laws.

what is stupid about the article is that it refers to them as men

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #807 on: August 28, 2011, 08:34:04 AM »
I actually see no problem with it, as they are exposing retarded laws.

what is stupid about the article is that it refers to them as men

I agree that they were exposing retarded laws, but referring to them as men isn't stupid since they revealed themselves as men to the police to not get into trouble.  Had they identified themselves as women, they would have gone to jail for exposing their breasts on the beach.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #808 on: August 28, 2011, 09:12:00 AM »
hmm, hadnt looked at it that way. I guess you have a point there

but at the same time, I don't think they shoulda had to go to jail for it, so using the retardedness of the laws (ie that because they have a penis they can get away with it) TO get away with it, is fair enough imo

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #809 on: August 28, 2011, 10:06:19 AM »
Nope, no pity. They want to be women viewed as women and hide behind the mantle of being men when it is convenient. A woman would have been arrested. They can not have it both ways,