Author Topic: People's views regarding transpeople  (Read 15734 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: People's views regarding transpeople
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2011, 09:52:29 AM »
And yes--there is obviously transphobia and whatnot in society, yes, but not a whole lot of it here. Bint seems to disagree so I'm interested in any examples she cares to send my way.

There hasn't been much outright transphobia lately, but there has been in the past, especially from people like Scrap

Also that time when me and Les were giving each other shit. It eventually ended up with a lot of members attacking me for being trans. I can't remember exactly who said what, but it did include threads being made taking the piss out of it etc

Much? Any? What has bought all this bullshit up now Soph?

Bint has made much mention of people being transphobic here (and it is rather pointed) and so to my way of thinking it is a very thin line to draw to (two years ago?) to what one or two people may or may not have said to get you both to stop being the idiots you were being then.
Fact is that I know I was being an arsehole. I thought you and Bint were too. I wanted to piss you two off and it certainly appears after all this time i did at that.
For the record, not that it matters but I am sure that you both no more wanted me to have a heart attack and die or thought I was a pedophile, than I wanted your dog to be served up as a dish or that I had issues with you being transgender. We posted stuff like that in an attempt to get to each other though.
I suspect others at the time for similar reasons posted similar things.
So let's take this all out of the equation as for what it was. Not Transphobia but people being mean to each other to piss each other off. Bit more honest that way.

So what is Bint's point and where are here examples of the transphobic culture here (excluding the above covered already).
You did mention "There hasn't been much outright transphobia lately" where is the examples of the little bits of transphobia and where are Bint's other assertions.

I still don't see her backing her point.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2011, 10:06:06 AM »

Much? Any? What has bought all this bullshit up now Soph?

Because I was asked. Well Bint was asked, but she's not here so I asnwered.

Bit more honest that way.
I don't think I am being dishonest. It would be dishonest for me to say i DIDN'T thing some people here were transphobic. And i wasn't actually talking about you then. I only mentioned you when I was explaining when - it was during all that shit between me and you.

where is the examples of the little bits of transphobia and where are Bint's other assertions.

Little digs mostly. And no I don't mean light hearted ones like squiddy taking the piss out of me or whatever. I mean stuff that really does come across as malicious. I'm not gonna go through posts and find every little thing I think shows what is imo transphobia though.

For what it's worth, I think this place is a LOT bettter than IRL when it comes to gender/trans stuff. I'm not saying people here are any worse than the people I meet in person. I just thing quite a few here are probably insecure about their own masculinity/sexuality and deflect that onto me. And before you get all defensive, no I don't mean you

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2011, 10:29:04 AM »
And yes--there is obviously transphobia and whatnot in society, yes, but not a whole lot of it here. Bint seems to disagree so I'm interested in any examples she cares to send my way.

There hasn't been much outright transphobia lately, but there has been in the past, especially from people like Scrap

Also that time when me and Les were giving each other shit. It eventually ended up with a lot of members attacking me for being trans. I can't remember exactly who said what, but it did include threads being made taking the piss out of it etc

Sir Les acknowledged as much, re your rows.

The transgendered have been getting far less shit here than some much larger groups of people.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2011, 10:31:03 AM »
which groups?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2011, 10:32:11 AM »
which groups?

Retarded pig-fuckers from Tennessee for one.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2011, 10:37:24 AM »
which groups?

Retarded pig-fuckers from Tennessee for one.

That's true. Pentagram isn't as stupid as Richard was.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2011, 11:11:17 AM »
which groups?

Muslims. Christians. Religious people in general. You've been known to start threads about Muslims with subject lines far more derogatory than anything said about transgendered folks here.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2011, 11:14:14 AM »
hahaha KNEW you were gonn say muslims :laugh:

I still think that is way different. Religion is fair-game imo. It's not the same as sex/ethnicity/sexuality/gender etc

Also I think most people here are strongly AGAINST anti-religion stuff. The only people I've noticed really against muslims are me, scrap and PPK. And me and scrap are very against religion in general

My anti-religion threads, well the muslim ones at least, are 99% piss-taking

And I don't think I've said anything as bad about muslims (even jokingly) as the commens I've had on here about Brendan Teena (transguy who was murdered) for example

midlifeaspie

« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2011, 11:14:34 AM »
which groups?

Muslims. Christians. Religious people in general. You've been known to start threads about Muslims with subject lines far more derogatory than anything said about transgendered folks here.

Very large groups of people:

Anyone who isn't a strict atheist.
Parents who don't meet your exacting standards.
People who disagree with you on any given topic.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2011, 11:16:03 AM »

And from what I am reading here, the anti-trans threads are also 99% piss-taking.  So what is the difference?  You belong to one group and not the other?

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2011, 11:18:18 AM »
As long as trans dont look like a man, or disfigured, I can go crazy on them. :green:

To me its simple. If you look and act like a girl, then you're a girl, and the female form gets me frisky. :laugh:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 11:21:12 AM by RageBeoulve »
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2011, 11:18:33 AM »
which groups?

Very large groups of people:

Anyone who isn't a strict atheist.
Parents who don't meet your exacting standards.
People who disagree with you on any given topic.

Yes I am very strongly anti-religious. Addressed that above though. And one of my closest friends I've had on here (milla) is not atheist at all. In fact she has alsorts of weird beliefs, and I think nothing bad of her for that at all.

I also have my ownviews on parenting, yes. But I am not a parent and most likely never will be, so I don't pretend I know it all. If you're talking about my posts about my family situation, then I'd raher not go into that on here anyway

And I don't think I'm that bad to people who disagree with me. No worse than most on here anyway. In fact I quite like discussing opinions on thigns with people. I don't think I know ANYONE who agrees with me on everything

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2011, 11:19:31 AM »

And from what I am reading here, the anti-trans threads are also 99% piss-taking.  So what is the difference?  You belong to one group and not the other?

As I said before, I'm not talking about the piss-taking ones. if you'd read my earlier posts you'd see I mentioned something about squiddy making piss-taking posts as well. I see nothing wrong with that

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2011, 11:21:10 AM »
I've also said beefore that I would happily have a relationship with a religious person (although it is very unlikely a muslim or catholic girl would be interested in someone like me lol)

I guess I am too quick to assume it is obvious when I am being serious or not on here, when in reality most people who don't know me that well can't actually tell

TheoK

« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2011, 11:36:02 AM »
Heinrich looks like a ninja  :orly: