Author Topic: People's views regarding transpeople  (Read 15854 times)

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: People's views regarding transpeople
« Reply #360 on: April 28, 2011, 03:43:56 AM »
Is it just me or is anyone else getting bored of reading the word "botty-burp" every now and then?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #361 on: April 28, 2011, 03:44:36 AM »

I was always open about being trans on wp btw, but felt like i had to set my profile to Female when I joined (would have left it unanswered if possible), so everyone assumed I was a lesbian unless I talked to them about being trans
Yeah that is where I first got to know you and so I thought you were a girl. And still did until not long ago. It is hard to suddenly change perception of a person from one gender to another because gender is a big part of a person's identity.

Even harder to do this  (change perception) in rl but I am getting there. I love GA too much to ignore her wishes. We are not getting back together or anything (she has found someone else) but I still wish for her to be happy in everything she does. It is all I can do. I don't want our break-up to turn us into enemies, I don't want that kind of stress in my life.

Thanks for the support, to those that gave it. :)

:hugs:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #362 on: April 28, 2011, 04:15:04 AM »
Is it just me or is anyone else getting bored of reading the word "botty-burp" every now and then?

Same with calling anything that you don't agree with as a "troll comment".

Offline Rissy

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #363 on: April 28, 2011, 04:25:02 AM »
The topic is about botty-burp... Don't participate in such a discussion if you don't want to hear the word. Getting annoyed by it is one thing, but needlessly subjecting yourself to it is a lack of common sense. It's not like I'm complaining about it in other threads.

I actually agree with Swearengen's comment. But it was irrelevant as an argument and it was trolling, so I don't see your point, Schleed
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 04:27:55 AM by Rissy »

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #364 on: April 28, 2011, 04:54:48 AM »
Why are you still ignoring what I said, Callaway?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #365 on: April 28, 2011, 04:56:18 AM »
I always find TL:DR to be either a troll reply or simply careless ignorance. Either way, there is no argument from someone who replies with it.
But obviously judging someone by their personality is the best way to treat people, and obviously if you want to hurt someone, you pick at their weaknesses. But it's simply botty-burp, and Binty started this thread because people were quick to call people on racism and such, but not on botty-burp. The general reply is 'I don't give a shit' but it is a fact that's been confirmed by this thread.

And Schleed, the botty-burp I'm complaining about is the type you give to someone you don't hate.

Oh and Swearengen, why are you still crying for me to state the obvious.
"Which do you think will have the greatest effect- attacking you personally for your woeful personality and bigoted arrogant views or attacking you as a transperson? i would suggest any member on this board you loathe to attack whichever has the greatest effect on you. As a result you may decide to leave as a result."
That is called a troll comment. You're not debating with her. You're just provoking her. It's also a passive aggressive attack.

Not at all Rissy.

"botty-burp" is the belief and treatment of transgender and/or transsexual people as inferior to cissexual (non-trans) people." You are touting this a lot and at the membership or members of and I am afraid it is on you to show that the people you are accusing actively thinking transgenderl people as inferior to cissexual. Yes it is not enough to keep saying the word. Nor is it enough to say "They are not as passionate as I", nor is it enough to say "They don't identify with transpeople in the way that I do". Show a derived mentality that underpins the concept that your accused DO see transpeople as inferior. Make a case. Back yourself. Because you are fast becoming both uninteresting and irrelevant.
I am saying that most of us (and this includes me, do not give a shit what gender someone is any more than we do their race, nationality or skin colour) you are saying we do....show it.
You made a claim
Odean and Al Swearengen are the ones that are being loudly cissexist.
you need to back it properly for it to be seen with any credibility.

As for what is or isn't a "troll comment"

Part of what is seen here as transphobia has to do with Kayleigh, not with the trans-stuff.
yes I think that is it. I saw it as some people just being irked by her personally, not that she is trans.

Then why couldn't they criticise my conduct instead of attacking me as a transperson?

I really have no idea why people have a problem with me. I guess it's a moot point really.

This was neither a passive aggressive attack (no I am not that subtle. Ask anyone...hell ask Kayleigh  :lol: - I know, I know you did a bit of basic analysis  :autism: ) nor was it a troll comment.

Kayleigh in the context of the above was questioning why anyone would want to attack their gender and I gave a very good reason why. It was in context of what was asked directly it was not left field.

I did not say there that I was attacking Kayleigh's gender in this thread and don't believe I have nor have I seen anyone else do so. Quite frankly find little merit in much of what Kayleigh says. But given the options of railing against Kaleigh's woeful personality or attacking Kayleigh's gender I would say the gender issues seem to be the ones more ready to get a response and would happily encourage this were I asked. Why, to have Kayleigh melt down and ran away.....again.

So again straight back at you.

Show botty-burp and show the trolling. Ought not be that hard if it is there to be seen and if it is worth raising in the first case,

« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 05:27:43 AM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #366 on: April 28, 2011, 05:38:21 AM »
I think the comments we are talking about are all aimed at Kayleigh.  Calling her a 'he' is what really pushes the button for her.  I don't think it is the same as
actually thinking she is inferior.  It is just a target she wears.  Respect is a two way street.  Rightly or wrongly if someone is disrespectful to you it is human
nature to give it back.  In Kayleigh's case it is just too easy to push that button.

I really don't think anyone has the view that a trans person is inferior.  I think the concept (the getting your head around it) is not easy for someone like
myself who have no issues like that personally.  I have always felt like i am in the correct gender.  Thinking about switching is something i can't really
contemplate for long,  I think those are the only real issues here.  Some people find it hard to relate to. 

If someone was thinking that person was inferior, surely instead of he, she they would use 'it'  Humans are good at dehumanizing things that they
can't understand.  It makes it easier to 'hate'

I don't think that is going on here.  I think it has just become a quick way to be rude to Kayleigh.  I am not saying that is right,  just that i don't
think it is what the title of the thread is rteally about
blah blah blah

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #367 on: April 28, 2011, 05:42:26 AM »
It is OK though because Rissy will show us all, that there is indeed a case for there being a believe existing in the minds of the members here that transgender people are inferior to non-transgendered people.

(You are going to do that right, Rissy? I mean you have used the term enough and applied it to people here?)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #368 on: April 28, 2011, 05:52:54 AM »
I think the comments we are talking about are all aimed at Kayleigh.  Calling her a 'he' is what really pushes the button for her.  I don't think it is the same as
actually thinking she is inferior.  It is just a target she wears.  Respect is a two way street.  Rightly or wrongly if someone is disrespectful to you it is human
nature to give it back.  In Kayleigh's case it is just too easy to push that button.

I really don't think anyone has the view that a trans person is inferior.  I think the concept (the getting your head around it) is not easy for someone like
myself who have no issues like that personally.  I have always felt like i am in the correct gender.  Thinking about switching is something i can't really
contemplate for long,  I think those are the only real issues here.  Some people find it hard to relate to. 

If someone was thinking that person was inferior, surely instead of he, she they would use 'it'  Humans are good at dehumanizing things that they

I don't think that is going on here.  I think it has just become a quick way to be rude to Kayleigh.  I am not saying that is right,  just that i don't

Think you are spot on here. Just like Pentagram get's his teeth in his face, Not something he chose to have. And not something he has the money for to fix.
At hominem attacks like that do happen here. And, that makes that this thread now isn't the right thread to discuss botty-burp or things like that.

Oh, I'm going to forget the word botty-burp as soon as possible btw. All those ism's only blur what it is about for me. Terminologies can do that for me.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #369 on: April 28, 2011, 05:53:58 AM »

botty-burp botty-burp botty-burp botty-burp
\
botty-burp botty-burp botty-burp botty-burp

Boring now :zoinks:

This thread is boring and redundant

GA if your going to leave like you said do or as they say there harden the fuck up people don't have an issue with you being trans or

what ever PC term you want to use but the endless whine about it. You seem to be a good person and I like you when your not whiny.  

This is too much  debating pronoun use,  FUCK!!!  I personally get the wrong all the time even with my family let alone people online I can't even see.

So get a hold of it everyone is not out to get you
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #370 on: April 28, 2011, 07:04:56 AM »

Think you are spot on here. Just like Pentagram get's his teeth in his face, Not something he chose to have. And not something he has the money for to fix.
At hominem attacks like that do happen here. And, that makes that this thread now isn't the right thread to discuss botty-burp or things like that.

Oh, I'm going to forget the word botty-burp as soon as possible btw. All those ism's only blur what it is about for me. Terminologies can do that for me.

Totally agree Hyke.  Having to put these things in little pigeon holes makes my brain hurt.  Even the word 'trans' is something i try not to use.
I think of Soph as a boy,  and then suddenly he will say "but i am trans"   -  it is not always helpful to categorize!

That word, the one you want to forget, will be forever known by me as The 'c' word.
blah blah blah

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #371 on: April 28, 2011, 07:40:20 AM »

Well, what about "miss coxies", is that a better pair of words to look at? :eyelash:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #372 on: April 28, 2011, 08:16:50 AM »
hmmm yes that's better

or  if you get the letters, rearrange em,  then add a couple and take a few away
you get   BOLLOCKS :zoinks:

Clever huh
blah blah blah

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #373 on: April 28, 2011, 08:28:35 AM »
hmmm yes that's better

or  if you get the letters, rearrange em,  then add a couple and take a few away
you get   BOLLOCKS :zoinks:

Clever huh

So no slob lock or LLC books then? :(
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #374 on: April 28, 2011, 08:37:10 AM »
How about something simple like anti-trans or something? Why did they come up with such a hard word to pronounce and look at in a pleased manner?

Simplicity must be too much to ask for these days.