Author Topic: People's views regarding transpeople  (Read 15800 times)

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
Re: People's views regarding transpeople
« Reply #210 on: April 27, 2011, 12:48:04 AM »
:welcome: Rissy.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

eris

« Reply #211 on: April 27, 2011, 01:01:32 AM »
oops. They left without posting.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #212 on: April 27, 2011, 01:03:58 AM »
oops. They left without posting.

Nah, I think they're writing a long post and by being inactive too long by not browsing, they disappeared off the active user list.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

eris

« Reply #213 on: April 27, 2011, 02:19:14 AM »
lol, they did it again

Offline Rissy

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #214 on: April 27, 2011, 02:22:15 AM »
Hey, I guess I really ought to have introduced myself first, but I wanted to defend Kayleigh and join the discussion. A forum can talk about anything so I don't see why any topic is to irrelevant to post as long as it's in the right section. And they're talking about users of I^2, which is what makes this thread relevant.

Here's a counter argument, if it's too hard to acknowledge transsexualism, then it's too hard to acknowledge autism and therefore I^2 is really just a forum of social retards who need to grow up and learn to act neurotypical :P (Not my opinion, I'm just making a comparison)
Hypocrites don't deserve what they don't give. If you're gonna treat Kayleigh like shit, then don't expect anyone to treat you with any love. Respect isn't a divine right, it's something you have to share. Curses come home to roost, and thus if you don't respect people you don't get any respect or sympathy for your situation.
Transsexualism has got to do with identity programmed into the brain. Kayleigh was born with her brain telling her to be a girl. Being a repressed object for people to use how they want to use you is a pathetic way of living, so she went and did something about acting and living the way she wished to live. What's the relevance of transsexualism to austism? Maybe it should be kinship since they're both not neurotypical.

In terms of use of pronouns and such? It's really just a social issue. If you want to take a definition based on the reproductive capabilities, infertile people forfeit a gender. If you can't help reproduce, you're just a living creature of no sexual importance. In real terms, the use of gender labeling is just a social construction and really reflects more on identity and the way people act and present themselves. The binary gender system is obviously crap, but that's how society is constructed and trying to really be thorough with classifications is complicated and eventually needs to be cut somewhere. Maybe the five gender system is better, but I'd still have complaints. But since pronouns are more relevant to gender than sex, it is better to use them as such. Its about respect, and I don't see how it matters when it's not as simple as people treat it.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #215 on: April 27, 2011, 02:22:48 AM »
lol, they did it again

Third times the charm? :eyelash:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #216 on: April 27, 2011, 02:23:38 AM »
And welcome Rissy.

What brought you here?
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #217 on: April 27, 2011, 02:34:23 AM »
And welcome Rissy.

What brought you here?

Whiteknight from what I see.

Offline Rissy

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #218 on: April 27, 2011, 02:39:34 AM »
I know Kayleigh and I hear about this thread? Lol?
I don't think I'm autistic, but I have found I share some similar traits to aspies and can score high in aspie tests. So I find some minor affinity with aspies. Mostly I just like chatting so I'd join in any discussion I was interested in, though.

I'm not necessarily whiteknighting though. I just want to join the discussion. I like arguing over stuff :P. I play devil's advocate a lot of the time.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #219 on: April 27, 2011, 03:01:43 AM »
*scratchin head
but I wanted to defend Kayleigh and join the discussion
Very admirable of you but why can't she defend herself? 

if it's too hard to acknowledge transsexualism, then it's too hard to acknowledge autism 

Why is that then?   In order to become a  Psychologist who diagnoses autism do you need to become
an expert in trans gender issues, before you qualify?

anyway, who said they didn't acknowledge transsexualism?  i been following
this thread but i guess i could have missed something? ?  Please clarify the member/s you implicate?

I^2 is really just a forum of social retards who need to grow up and learn to act neurotypical
probably a fair comment, but i prefer the term social misfit :zoinks:

blah blah blah

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #220 on: April 27, 2011, 03:04:15 AM »
Here's a counter argument, if it's too hard to acknowledge transsexualism

It isn't and that was never the issue was it? Why are you trying to define it thus?

If you're gonna treat Kayleigh like shit, then don't expect anyone to treat you with any love.

No my friend if Kayleigh wants to flounce in here and rail again us all collecively for being transphobic and lecture us and telll us what our values must be if we do not share their then it is KAYLEIGH that forfeits the right of said respect from their own action.
Kaleigh gets what they get for acting like a pompous, arrogant blowhard.

So Your point is something like. Kayleigh can be an arsehole and if we don't "respect" their arrogance and bigotry, then we "then don't expect anyone to treat you with any love"?

Well that makes fuck all sense and i think you know that.

Perhaps you want to rethink what you mean and have another crack. You may be trying to defend your friend but your friend was being an asshat
the attention they got from this asshatery was nothing to do with them being Transgendered but from being an asshat.

So take two Rissy.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #221 on: April 27, 2011, 03:22:55 AM »
Meh, I only go pissed because it was clearly attention whoring and guilt tripping what she tried to do. I don't like it when people try to emotionally manipulate others to accept their worldview.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 03:25:18 AM by ProfessorFarnsworth »

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #222 on: April 27, 2011, 03:26:04 AM »
Meh, I only go pissed because it was clearly attention whoring and guilt tripping what she tried to do. I don't like it when people try to emotionally manipulate others to accept their worldview.

Indeed.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #223 on: April 27, 2011, 03:28:30 AM »
Besides she's not the only transgendered person here. Soph is also transgendered and he has done a good job debating with everyone else about the topic without resorting to such things.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #224 on: April 27, 2011, 03:29:18 AM »
Besides she's not the only transgendered person here. Soph is also transgendered and he has done a good job debating with everyone else about the topic without resort to such things.

Very true again