Author Topic: Who thinks Maralyn Monroe was 'fat'?  (Read 3013 times)

eris

Re: Who thinks Maralyn Monroe was 'fat'?
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2011, 11:23:28 PM »
In my old age, I have found that girls often dress up for each other and other women are the ones that care the most about the way you look. Then again guys usually like me so maybe they are just bitter  ;)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2011, 12:54:28 AM »
I find it sad what Hollywood does and model companies. I read that according to some fashion magazine, a size ten is considered fat and in Hollywood, a size zero is considered thin and anything above is fat. Women are pressured to be thin so they starve themselves to be skinny. I remember watching a show about it on VH1 and it was saying they were paid to not eat. Ones who were pregnant, they go right to working out after having the baby when they were supposed to be resting their bodies for a few weeks. I also saw that when they would eat, they go right to working out to burn off all those calories. They do work outs more then half hour a day, they do work outs for hour everyday.

But I don't let Hollywood get to me nor model and fashion companies about what fat is. I don't need to have another eating disorder.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2011, 05:43:49 AM »
She looks the way women are supposed to not like the anorexic ones they have modeling now

I find that insulting to women who are naturally skinny.

And just how many of the current models are as naturally skinny?   I am sure not many.  How natural is it to see ribs and hip bones as much as you do now? It's not healthy

I'm guessing most of them.  I know a load of people who are just naturally skinny.  Also, how many models do you actually know?  Only the thinnest ones are highly publicised just to show how eating disorders are rife in the fashion industry.  I, however, used to be obsessed with models and can tell you that it's false to assume that all models are skin and bone.

It's insulting to say that that's how women are "supposed to look like".  Women are all different shapes and sizes.  Whether they are skinny, curvy or overweight - it doesn't matter; they're still women.

They are the ones telling everyone how they should look and to the harm of many.

Here is an article that has info on the thinning of models
http://www.wisegeek.com/why-are-fashion-models-so-thin.htm

Here is one on a model who died from anorexia
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/20/world/americas/20iht-models.3604439.html

Another on models and eating disorders
http://americathebeautifuldoc.com/2009/10/26/eating-disorders-among-fashion-models-rising/

While there are some that may be naturally thin I feel most are not.  Showing women of all sizes would be a good thing in my opinion.

I thought this comment from your first link was telling:

Well, I just have to state my comment. My daughter also is a model, and could have been very successful. She was signed with top agencies around the world, however she has quit all this because of the constant pressure to stay thin.
She has traveled all over the world and seen girls who starve themselves to stay thin. Most models are not naturally thin; they are pressured to stay that way. My daughter was the smart one to say, "You know what? It's not worth it!" She is 5ft 10 and was told to keep her weight around 110 pounds. She is now 125 wears a size 4 and is happy!

And believe it or not, she is too big for New York and the likes. So don't tell me that the modeling industry is not to blame for models dying or committing suicide because of that pressure to stay a size 0 as they mature.

I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2011, 07:17:37 AM »
Point still stands that it is insulting to women who ARE naturally thin tho

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2011, 07:31:17 AM »
I think it's generally insulting to women that they have to conform to something very few of then can and stay healthy while doing so. I feel  both extremes are bad.  Are there attractive naturally thin women ?  Yes there are but there are attractive heaver women too.  Should they have to look a certain way to feel okay with their own bodies? No. Mostly what I don't like are the extremes the real boney or the real blubbery 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2011, 07:35:54 AM »
I'd love to sit here and objectify women for their looks all day...  :LOL:, but Who the fuck would think this kind of shit? I am aware some people are attracted to annorexic people, but they're suck fucks and don't count.  ;)
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2011, 07:36:21 AM »
Point still stands that it is insulting to women who ARE naturally thin tho

Oh I think that the point is not a big one in the scheme of things. The tiny little things will still get far more attention than the larger women, generally speaking. My personal preference and many guys is for more fuller bodied women. Still I would say that we are not in the majority. Such women are barely applauded in the media for their form and so it doesn't really matter.

I think that the platitudes for skinny things far outweighs the negativity espouses by a few vocal spazzes on an Autistic forum.

So "Walking coat-racks FTW!!!" Hope that softens the injury to your personal preference.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2011, 08:29:37 AM »
It's irrelevant whether thinner women are more popular or not. I have personally known skinny girls who were actually very insecure about their weight because of attitudes like this - being called skin and bones and compared to a boy's body etc

midlifeaspie

« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2011, 08:35:05 AM »
I work with a bikini model who is also a great writer and in my interactions with her over the past year have learned some pretty sick shit about the expectations.  She is a very slender girl on normal days, but every time she has a gig she has to go on a crazy diet for at least two weeks.  She takes photos of herself at home before the shoot so that she has evidence that she has the right amount of ribs showing to prove that she met the terms of her contract in case the client tries to pull some shit after the shoot to deny her payment.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2011, 08:43:34 AM »
I'm just not attracted to really skinny chicks. Their bodies are too "dudeish".
I will never stop...

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2011, 08:44:32 AM »
I'm just not attracted to really skinny chicks. Their bodies are too "dudeish".

Yup straight up and down. Little form.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2011, 08:47:45 AM »
I haven't found that to be the case at all. I like women with boobs and hips, just not rolls of fat or massive stomachs and dimply thighs

I like hot thin women with nice boobs :)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2011, 08:48:02 AM »
I mean seriously if I wanted to fuck a woman that looked like a little boy, i'd just go to japan.  ::)
I will never stop...

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2011, 02:15:49 PM »
Yep I have noticed girls who are naturally thin get crap because people assume they have an eating disorder. But when they do see them eat, they then assume they must throw it up then. From what I have gathered, lot of them actually have high metabolisms they can't gain weight and they have tried by eating more food. I mean what are they supposed to do? Sit at home on their asses and be lazy or else they will burn more calories and make it even more harder for them to put on a few pounds?

I remember when I lived in Montana, I knew a co worker at work and I remember her saying she was skinny and always had been and she was skinnier when she was younger but people thought she had an eating disorder but she always ate a lot. Kids would even follow her to the restroom after lunch because they thought she threw up her food.

P7PSP

« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2011, 02:25:43 PM »
I mean seriously if I wanted to fuck a woman that looked like a little boy, i'd just go to japan.  ::)
With Soiledeeew!  :lol: