Author Topic: Well this was an interesting morning  (Read 896 times)

Offline PuppetSockPenguin

• Superlurker of the penguin elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • experience is memory is experience is
Well this was an interesting morning
« on: April 10, 2011, 04:05:46 AM »
I was walking along the beachfront to the bus stop this morning, and I got stopped twice by the police. Apparently they were looking for someone who matched my description, and who was wearing the same clothes as me. The second lot I had to show ID to to prove that I was actually me. I never found out what my doppelgänger was meant to have done; the only information I got was when the first lot of police asked if I'd been at the hospital this morning.

P7PSP

Re: Well this was an interesting morning
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 04:10:32 AM »
I was walking along the beachfront to the bus stop this morning, and I got stopped twice by the police. Apparently they were looking for someone who matched my description, and who was wearing the same clothes as me. The second lot I had to show ID to to prove that I was actually me. I never found out what my doppelgänger was meant to have done; the only information I got was when the first lot of police asked if I'd been at the hospital this morning.
And all this time I thought you were a (sorta) nice young lady.  :zoinks: That's good they didn't haul you in for a couple of hours.  :thumbup:

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 04:20:19 AM »
And all this time I thought you were a (sorta) nice young lady.  :zoinks: That's good they didn't haul you in for a couple of hours.  :thumbup:

Nice young ladies post here?  :zoinks:

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 04:21:43 AM »

I actually have a doppleganger in my home city.

She's got me into a little bit of trouble, a few times in fact. Plus I saw her, walking down the street about 10 years ago, so I know she exists.

One time, I had a client kind of pissed off with me because "I" (the doppleganger) ignored her in a gym when she said hello. She took a lot of convincing to tell her that this 'twin' of mine exists.

I also had an ex's parents swear that I walked straight past them in a cafe and ignore them, when in fact I was 70 kilometres away at work.

Only a few weeks ago, an old colleague of mine followed 'me' up the street and wondered why I wasn't answering my name when she called out to me, and why I was visiting town without telling her.

Scary.

P7PSP

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 04:24:39 AM »

Nice young ladies post here?  :zoinks:
:pwned: You got me there.  :-[ :zoinks:

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 05:14:15 AM »
Usually people tell me that I look nothing like anyone who they know.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 05:45:30 AM »

Or try telling them "Its ok, I am not me" may make them back off too.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 05:46:16 AM »

In confusion, if nothing else!  :laugh:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 05:56:44 AM »

:lol:
 :2thumbsup:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 05:58:12 AM »
Now I am curious as to what you look like.

I don't look like anyone I have ever seen. People don't forget me but I forget them.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 08:14:27 AM »

That happened to my husband once when he fit the general description of someone who commited a crime.  Fortunately he had been in the company of a math professor when the crime happened and was still in this same mathematician's company when the first set of police stopped them as they were walking across campus.  He heard over the police radio during this encounter that the suspect was barefoot, so they let him go and when the second set of policemen slowed down their car, stared closely at him, and looked like they were about to stop him, he pointed to his feet and said, "Shoes," and they drove on.

Online Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2011, 08:27:02 AM »
I had that happen once in downtown New Haven, a fairly large city near me, I was a passenger in a car that was pulled over I was taken out as they held their hands on their guns.  There was about ten cops and two detectives after a couple minutes they determined I wasn't the person they were after and they took off quickly without an explanation.  I always felt lucky they didn't either keep me or shoot me.  I don't do well with people and they always mistake my nervousness as guilt   
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2011, 08:28:55 AM »
I had that happen once in downtown New Haven, a fairly large city near me, I was a passenger in a car that was pulled over I was taken out as they held their hands on their guns.  There was about ten cops and two detectives after a couple minutes they determined I wasn't the person they were after and they took off quickly without an explanation.  I always felt lucky they didn't either keep me or shoot me.  I don't do well with people and they always mistake my nervousness as guilt   

:plus:  for staying calm, it's so unfair that normal nervousness can be used against an innocent person!
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Osensitive1

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011, 10:18:53 AM »
That is pretty freaky, since the police were involved. Pretty sure everyone has said I look like someone they know. Have also had experience in the past of people offended because I didn't acknowledge them in random situations, but it really was me and sometimes I don't recognize people outside of the environment I'm used to seeing them. Now I just smile and wave and pretend I know.

P7PSP

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 03:22:27 PM »
The CHP pointed their 357 magnums at me and friend when we got arrested many years back. I followed their directions rather than risk getting shot.