Author Topic: Lotsa bloody noobs lately. The funny thing is.....  (Read 3967 times)

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Lotsa bloody noobs lately. The funny thing is.....
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2011, 05:35:24 AM »
But it did say things about you, that you ignored the callout. You didn't back up your shit and to me that is sometimes just as telling.

Excuse me?

I've just looked in the Main Event, and Main Event callouts...can't see it. From memory, you were pissed because some comment was made about your children, and despite Soph saying that obviously someone was trying to get a rise out of you, and you should ignore it...you kept on and kept attacking Soph...

that's my vague memory of it.

What shit exactly did I have to back up? That you refused to comprehend Soph's point?

Don't try and start shit Odeon that YOU can't back up. You were emotional, which was understandable, but every time Soph or I tried to say 'look, just ignore it' you attacked us.

I could be completely wrong on my memory of that, but starting shit that I don't back myself up is just bullshit, and you know it.

This bodie, is an example of a shits and giggles callout. Odeon logged off after reading my response.

Odeon, if you have a problem with me, a specific thing that you think I am not backing my shit on, then feel free to call me out. But make sure it's serious, as I was unaware there was some piece of grit in your shell about me.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2011, 05:47:31 AM »
Actually stuff in real life happened so my session timed out.

My argument is very simple: if you ignore a callout, the fact that you did so will also tell things about you, like it or not. You have only a vague memory of the whole thing, yet you dismiss me as a "wanker" in that callout and state that it wasn't worth replying to. You mention the whole incident as an example of the things one can do instead of replying, instead of backing your shit up.

Yet you label my comment here as a shit and giggles callout because I "logged off" instead of replying right away.

You can't have it both ways, Eclair.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2011, 05:50:25 AM »
And btw, RL happens, once again, so I'm about to log off.

If you have a problem with *me*, call me out. Don't just dismiss an old thread as me being a wanker or this new one as something for the lulz. Cos I'm thinking that maybe you do have a problem with me but would prefer to have me call out you instead of the other way around.

See, Bodie, how this works?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2011, 05:53:30 AM »

My argument is very simple: if you ignore a callout, the fact that you did so will also tell things about you, like it or not. You have only a vague memory of the whole thing, yet you dismiss me as a "wanker" in that callout and state that it wasn't worth replying to. You mention the whole incident as an example of the things one can do instead of replying, instead of backing your shit up.

Yet you label my comment here as a shit and giggles callout because I "logged off" instead of replying right away.

Well, I'm sorry, but yes, I do think you were being over emotional, attacking Soph, and then me for trying to translate what she meant.

I ignored the callout? ...'ignore' is a strong word...but I chose not to come into it, because you were clearly emotional because the attack involved your children, and it would be pointless to enter a debate when I was not advocating what was said, but merely trying to clarify what Soph said.

I basically thought you attacked me because it was an upsetting time for you and I did not feel it was fair to enter into the craziness...that there was no 'fight to win'...and whilst you were quite upset about what was said, I in no way supported it, I was merely someone who tried to translate the intent of another poster.

If you feel that says something about me, as being weak, when in fact I was trying not to come into anything emotional and had no aggression towards you, then I can live with that. Absolutely.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2011, 05:56:22 AM »

If you have a problem with *me*, call me out. Don't just dismiss an old thread as me being a wanker or this new one as something for the lulz. Cos I'm thinking that maybe you do have a problem with me but would prefer to have me call out you instead of the other way around.

I'm sorry, you've lost me. I merely was showing examples to bodie...yes, I think you were being an ass at that time, by calling me out when I was merely trying to allay an attack on Soph because I don't think she was being malicious.

I don't have a problem with you, perhaps, if you have a problem with me, and start accusing me of not backing myself (for the hell what ffs) then fine. Really, I don't know what's up your ass, but it's ok, I guess you are sick at the moment, and I get that.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2011, 11:26:42 AM »

Well, I'm sorry, but yes, I do think you were being over emotional, attacking Soph, and then me for trying to translate what she meant.

I ignored the callout? ...'ignore' is a strong word...but I chose not to come into it, because you were clearly emotional because the attack involved your children, and it would be pointless to enter a debate when I was not advocating what was said, but merely trying to clarify what Soph said.

Ignore is the word *you* used:

Odeon tried to call me out once, and I simply ignored it, he was being a wanker and I knew it was not going to resolve anything and just be a waste of time.

I basically thought you attacked me because it was an upsetting time for you and I did not feel it was fair to enter into the craziness...that there was no 'fight to win'...and whilst you were quite upset about what was said, I in no way supported it, I was merely someone who tried to translate the intent of another poster.

If you feel that says something about me, as being weak, when in fact I was trying not to come into anything emotional and had no aggression towards you, then I can live with that. Absolutely.

Actually the way you described it earlier in this thread says more:

Odeon tried to call me out once, and I simply ignored it, he was being a wanker and I knew it was not going to resolve anything and just be a waste of time.

The way I see this is that you never backed anything up but are now quite happy to refer to your ignoring a callout as successful tactics here on I2. You're happy to call me a wanker and explain how you just *knew* that the callout wouldn't solve anything, that it would be a waste of your time.

That's fucking weak, Eclair. Weak and cowardly, and hardly an example to pass on to someone new to callouts.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2011, 11:31:44 AM »

I'm sorry, you've lost me. I merely was showing examples to bodie...yes, I think you were being an ass at that time, by calling me out when I was merely trying to allay an attack on Soph because I don't think she was being malicious.

I don't have a problem with you, perhaps, if you have a problem with me, and start accusing me of not backing myself (for the hell what ffs) then fine. Really, I don't know what's up your ass, but it's ok, I guess you are sick at the moment, and I get that.

posting in the mirror much?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2011, 11:39:43 AM »
I find Odeon to be very fair in callouts and I don't see him as a wanker at all.

I don't think that he should have to ignore people who are attacking his children just because they are trying to get a rise out of him.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2011, 11:49:45 AM »
Just had a look at my callout. Interestingly I don't see Soph mentioned a single time, although I seem to remember that Soph came up elsewhere. Instead most of the callout centers on a discussion I still, to the best of my knowledge, have not seen but that Eclair assumes I must have. I did ask for a link but didn't get one.

She didn't entirely ignore the thread but as far as I can see, she never backed up any of her claims or insinuations. Methinks explaining this whole business of callouts to newcomers is best left to others.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2011, 12:19:58 PM »
Just had a look at my callout. Interestingly I don't see Soph mentioned a single time, although I seem to remember that Soph came up elsewhere. Instead most of the callout centers on a discussion I still, to the best of my knowledge, have not seen but that Eclair assumes I must have. I did ask for a link but didn't get one.

She didn't entirely ignore the thread but as far as I can see, she never backed up any of her claims or insinuations. Methinks explaining this whole business of callouts to newcomers is best left to others.

I just had a peek as well and the callout was mostly about me:

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,14017.0.html

Soph was mentioned peripherally near the beginning of her second post in that thread.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2011, 12:32:29 PM »
Oh no

i did not intend for this to happen after i made that comment
blah blah blah

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2011, 01:03:50 PM »
Oh no

It's official now,

You are evil, even if you don't want it.  :evillaugh:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

P7PSP

« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2011, 01:09:38 PM »
Oh no

Being hot doesn't excuse shit stirring missy.  :police:

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2011, 01:38:07 PM »
whenever i got in trouble at school

my mom used to say

"it's because she's in with a bad crowd"
:angel:
blah blah blah

P7PSP

« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2011, 01:46:48 PM »
whenever i got in trouble at school

my mom used to say

"it's because she's in with a bad crowd"
:angel:
I've met parents like that.  :zoinks: