Educational

Author Topic: Lotsa bloody noobs lately. The funny thing is.....  (Read 3968 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Lotsa bloody noobs lately. The funny thing is.....
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2011, 01:12:51 PM »
Just tell them don't touch me there.  :zoinks:

I'm not touching you there.  :zoinks:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

P7PSP

« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2011, 01:17:58 PM »
No, I meant don't touch me down there!  :zoinks:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2011, 01:18:55 PM »
No, I meant don't touch me down there!  :zoinks:

But I'm not touching you down there.  :zoinks:

People forget.

P7PSP

« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2011, 01:25:49 PM »
 :facepalm: 4" further down is where you don't touch! Okay, that's better.  :autism:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2011, 01:27:03 PM »
:facepalm: 4" further down is where you don't touch! Okay, that's better.  :autism:

You sure do send conflicting signals to a socially inexperienced dork like myself!  :autism:

People forget.

P7PSP

« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2011, 01:30:30 PM »

You sure do send conflicting signals to a socially inexperienced dork like myself!  :autism:
It keeps you on your toes.  :viking:

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2011, 01:32:07 PM »

It keeps you on your knees. :squit:

Fixed.  :zoinks:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

P7PSP

« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2011, 01:33:26 PM »
 :lol:

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2011, 01:35:12 PM »
Just think maybe the callout stuff should not be visivble until you have made so many posts.  I was lucky when i joined as there wasn't
much going on.

I must admit that i worry sometimes, about posting stuff  - in case it is taken the wrong way and i get a 'call out'  so i am sure
it must make others hesitate about wether they ought to bother posting.

I would poop my pants if someone like Sir Les called me out -  think i would unplug internet for a while! -  like several years lol

I am genuinely sorry if I upset or scare you. I am not so bad. Mainly bark.
I do like you Bodie.
Do not worry about what you post. Be you and be confident in being you.
If it helps. Eclair is right, this place used to be a lot more visceral. It felt to me as a noob very exciting because it seemed there would be a slow build up of forums angst over some crap and slow dividing of opinions and suddenly it was on and bad blood spilled and washed away and everyone would settle down and new friendships formed and dirty laundry aired and misunderstandings cleared and a new respect for a different opinion or a better understanding of what others felt about things good or bad.
Naturally I fucking loved it.
I will say that us longer term members have mellowed a lot. Hell there was a time that I had probably had at least one or two arguments with something like 90% of the active membership at some point. I doubt I would have had bad words with 30% of them now.
I do like the callouts but what you are probably going to be surprised about is i am not overly in my element in them. I don't shy away from them if I think them necessary and if so I always go this track, but my enjoyment of callouts usually comes in watching others go hammer and tongs. I sit back read and laugh or nod and award karma and post inanely in the peanut gallery.

Yeah i am cool.  I didn't intend for it to sound like you were scaring me...just meant that you are very good in the callouts.  Meaning you put your arguments very well!  Oh if i get called out, it will be for something i have said, so that's ok.  I intend to spend my time here chillin and having a laugh :zoinks:
blah blah blah

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2011, 02:53:08 PM »

Good one.  I think that the guy who told the TSA agent that if he touched his junk then he was going to have him arrested wasn't allowed to fly that day.

I liked the part where Napolitano's head was on the passenger's body with the naked body scanner image.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2011, 04:29:45 PM »
IF you always say what you mean, and have a little conviction in yourself, I dont see how ANYONE could touch you. I think the only time someone gets in trouble with themselves is when they talk out of their ass.

Brainfarts?
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

P7PSP

« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2011, 04:48:04 PM »

Good one.  I think that the guy who told the TSA agent that if he touched his junk then he was going to have him arrested wasn't allowed to fly that day.

I liked the part where Napolitano's head was on the passenger's body with the naked body scanner image.
The youtube disappeared.

Osensitive1

« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2011, 04:50:00 PM »
Seems to be fine from here.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2011, 05:15:48 AM »
Just think maybe the callout stuff should not be visivble until you have made so many posts.  I was lucky when i joined as there wasn't
much going on.

I must admit that i worry sometimes, about posting stuff  - in case it is taken the wrong way and i get a 'call out'  so i am sure

I would poop my pants if someone like Sir Les called me out -  think i would unplug internet for a while! -  like several years lol

Mmm, a lot of callouts are actually in threads themselves. I do remember getting absolutely reamed a few times not long after I first joined when I voiced my opinions on stuff.

Plus there were a few pretty volatile incidents that I probably found really upsetting at the time, and not sure quite how to tackle.

In fact, it was only in one post today that I really bit my tongue hard on something, probably for the first time I recall, and that is the beauty of being here....often I will have said something, and realise that there is another perspective, or I will say something off the cuff, not realising that I'll be called out on it later on.

I actually think the callouts are a bit more tamer than they used to be.

I think you just need to be the most authentic version of yourself. Though, that's not to say that everyone else operates under that mode, because clearly, they do not. I also know that sometimes a callout is for pure shits and giggles, rather than an issue that you want to call someone out for their bullshit on...identifying the difference is the big thing. For example, I know Schleed is just a sarcastic cunt to me because he wants a rise, but if I nab someone, it may be unintentional, but I'll meet the challenge on my opinion. eris is a good example of that. Or sometimes, I get sick of someone's hypocricy, and feel unable to keep my mouth shut.

Odeon tried to call me out once, and I simply ignored it, he was being a wanker and I knew it was not going to resolve anything and just be a waste of time.

But it did say things about you, that you ignored the callout. You didn't back up your shit and to me that is sometimes just as telling.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2011, 05:22:21 AM »
much going on.

Mmm, a lot of callouts are actually in threads themselves. I do remember getting absolutely reamed a few times not long after I first joined when I voiced my opinions on stuff.

Plus there were a few pretty volatile incidents that I probably found really upsetting at the time, and not sure quite how to tackle.

In fact, it was only in one post today that I really bit my tongue hard on something, probably for the first time I recall, and that is the beauty of being here....often I will have said something, and realise that there is another perspective, or I will say something off the cuff, not realising that I'll be called out on it later on.

I actually think the callouts are a bit more tamer than they used to be.

I think you just need to be the most authentic version of yourself. Though, that's not to say that everyone else operates under that mode, because clearly, they do not. I also know that sometimes a callout is for pure shits and giggles, rather than an issue that you want to call someone out for their bullshit on...identifying the difference is the big thing. For example, I know Schleed is just a sarcastic cunt to me because he wants a rise, but if I nab someone, it may be unintentional, but I'll meet the challenge on my opinion. eris is a good example of that. Or sometimes, I get sick of someone's hypocricy, and feel unable to keep my mouth shut.

Odeon tried to call me out once, and I simply ignored it, he was being a wanker and I knew it was not going to resolve anything and just be a waste of time.

But it did say things about you, that you ignored the callout. You didn't back up your shit and to me that is sometimes just as telling.

Excuse me?

I've just looked in the Main Event, and Main Event callouts...can't see it. From memory, you were pissed because some comment was made about your children, and despite Soph saying that obviously someone was trying to get a rise out of you, and you should ignore it...you kept on and kept attacking Soph...

that's my vague memory of it.

What shit exactly did I have to back up? That you refused to comprehend Soph's point?

Don't try and start shit Odeon that YOU can't back up. You were emotional, which was understandable, but every time Soph or I tried to say 'look, just ignore it' you attacked us.

I could be completely wrong on my memory of that, but starting shit that I don't back myself up is just bullshit, and you know it.