Author Topic: Cunt tortured animals in front of her kids  (Read 542 times)

Binty

Cunt tortured animals in front of her kids
« on: April 03, 2011, 03:38:45 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/30/sharon-mcdonough-sentence_n_842676.html

RIVERHEAD, N.Y. -- A judge who lamented he could not legally impose a stiffer sentence gave the maximum two-year jail term Wednesday to a woman who abused her seven children and tortured and killed dozens of family pets, sometimes in the presence of the children, burying animal carcasses in her suburban Long Island backyard.

Sharon McDonough, 44, pleaded guilty last month to animal abuse and child endangerment charges after authorities said she created what her son called "a concentration camp for the animals" in her Selden, N.Y., home. It was that adult son, Douglas McDonough, who turned in his mother to authorities in 2009.

Neither he nor his six younger sisters attended the sentencing in Suffolk County Court, but Assistant District Attorney John Cortes read a pre-sentencing letter that Douglas McDonough sent to the judge. The girls, all younger than 13 when their mother was arrested, are now in foster care.

"As one who has witnessed his `mother' choke the life out of a living animal and physically and emotionally abuse and destroy her own children, I know what she is capable of doing," said McDonough's letter, a copy of which prosecutors provided to reporters after the proceeding. "I fear for my well-being, my sisters and my six-month old child. She has already destroyed us to a certain point."

Suffolk County Court Judge C. Randall Hinrichs issued a permanent order of protection, requiring McDonough to stay away from her children when she is released. Because McDonough was held on $100,000 bail in the county jail since her arrest in 2009, the sentence with time off for good behavior means she should be released as soon as mid-April, prosecutors and her attorney said.

"The penal law is inadequate to adequately address the true magnitude of the actions here," Hinrichs said before imposing sentence. He said he agreed with prosecutors who described McDonough's actions as "sinister, barbaric and evil."

Court-appointed attorney Christopher Brocato said McDonough understands she will not be welcome in her old neighborhood, a proposition that is largely moot because her home is in foreclosure.

Brocato insisted during the sentencing that McDonough still loves her children. "I know that may seem, on the surface, hard to believe, but she does," the attorney told the judge.

Brocato said afterward that his client is "overwhelmed with grief and guilt." He said he spoke on her behalf because she was emotionally distraught.

The attorney also noted that McDonough had been in an abusive marriage and was suffering from depression. McDonough's husband was killed in a car accident in 2008.

Prosecutors said McDonough killed numerous kittens and dogs, stashing the dead cats in the trash, and burying 42 dead dogs in the backyard of her home. The dogs were buried because some had identifying microchips implanted in them, and McDonough feared being discovered if the carcasses were found in the trash, they said.

The children were not only abused but were also forced to witness the deaths of family pets. They lived amid the animals that were kept in wretched cages filled with urine and feces. McDonough acknowledged once placing duct tape over the mouth of a cat and hanging it from the ladder of a daughter's bunk bed until it died.

Cortes also noted that the children were barred from using a bathroom in the home and were forced to defecate and urinate in buckets. She also said the children were not allowed to take showers and cleaned themselves with cloth wipes.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Cunt tortured animals in front of her kids
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 03:41:42 PM »
Considering the length of time some American criminals are locked up for, 2 years for that crime seems a sick joke.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 03:44:37 PM »
Two years for all that. Damn. Well, I hear child abusers are despised in prison, so maybe she'll get her just punishment after all!  :flame:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 03:47:21 PM by couldbecousin »
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Osensitive1

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 03:52:40 PM »
:(

midlifeaspie

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 04:14:00 PM »
Considering the length of time some American criminals are locked up for, 2 years for that crime seems a sick joke.

If she was smoking pot at the same time the penalty would have been much higher  ::)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 04:21:11 PM »
UGH!!
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 04:25:24 PM »
UGH!!

:agreed:  :thumbdn:

I'm beyond words for this one , I really really am, I've heard of some evil people but this cunt takes the biscuit.  :thumbdn: :thumbdn: :thumbdn:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 04:26:43 PM »
ugh... them people are bitches.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 04:32:52 PM »
Fuicking slag I hope someone murders the fat bitch >:(

Shit like this makes me so fucking angry

TWO YEARS?

wtf is wrong with this legal system  ffs?

Disgusting, really fucking disgusting

Two years is actually ridiculous. can't believe people like her even exist. I hope she gets knifed to death when she gets out

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 04:37:18 PM »
UGH!!

I'm beyond words for this one , I really really am, I've heard of some evil people but this cunt takes the biscuit.  :thumbdn: :thumbdn: :thumbdn:

Yup, creating huge fear in her kids, by means of torturing pets to death. Probably the only living beings that were to be trusted in the household. And she just took away every sparkle of joy and comfort from her kids, and every sparkle of life from the pets.

There are countries where people like her can make a career. She'd be on the top of the list. Horrendous.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 04:43:00 PM »
UGH!!

Yup, creating huge fear in her kids, by means of torturing pets to death. Probably the only living beings that were to be trusted in the household. And she just took away every sparkle of joy and comfort from her kids, and every sparkle of life from the pets.

There are countries where people like her can make a career. She'd be on the top of the list. Horrendous.

I hope she gets locked in a cage and left to rot in her own filth , it's poetic justice in it's entirety.  :grrr:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 04:44:26 PM »
"with time off for good behavior means she should be released as soon as mid-April,"

revolting

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2011, 04:48:55 PM »
What a crock of shit.

They should lock her ass in a cage and torture her the way she tortured those poor animals & her children.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2011, 05:12:03 PM »
Meh.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2011, 05:12:37 PM »
Damn, that is just messed up. You'd expect 10 years at least, I mean what a joke. It's surprisingly that vigilantism doesn't start becoming more frequent, because the justice system sucks.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.