Author Topic: Somatoform Disorders  (Read 819 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Somatoform Disorders
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2007, 07:02:48 PM »
He wouldn't accept it, for numerous reasons.
is one of those reason's that he is fat, like his son?

No.  Reasons like the cost, the effort, the time wasted, the threat of STDs, the empty love, unfaithfulness to his wife.
he did remarry then.
Misunderstood.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Somatoform Disorders
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2016, 05:55:04 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somatoform_disorder

Both my mother and I seem to have a version of this- she breaks out in hives when extremely stressed, and I have spots on my hands that come and go (occasionally on my fet as well, occasionally itchy but not always) that a doctor told me (after I explained everything, including the non-presence of new allergens at the onset and the fact that using Eucarin, the best lotion out there for excema, did jack shit) was probably stress related, nonharmful, and basically inexplicable.  Both my parents and I have had nervous tics that have come and gone (only once for me, but I'm only 20, I bet i happens again).

Not to go all wrong planet here- I don't think it has anything to do with AS- but has anyone else experienced this?  I ask only because I'm pretty sure nobody I know IRL has had this happen and don't really want to ask, but we've got a large-ish population here and plenty of you guys have crazy stress in your lives.

BTW, the symptoms are not new, I just kinda popped onto it when I was wikipedia'ing.  I started manifesting what I refer to as "my stigmata" almost exactly one year ago- on my 20th fucking birthday.  Yeah.  Birthdays don't go well for me, I guess.

I had a big patch of eczema on my right forearm/inside of my right elbow many years ago,
  during a bad flare of OCD.  I tried for days not to scratch it, then finally one night I scratched like mad,
  and in the morning it was largely gone.  I may have irritated that area of skin with excessive washing
  followed by inadequate rinsing, but I do think the stress was also a factor.  Hasn't happened since.  :crossed:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"