Educational

Author Topic: Jaguar E-Type 50 Years  (Read 1723 times)

DukeNukem

Re: Jaguar E-Type 50 Years
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2011, 02:15:14 AM »
Oh, just because I don't have a driver's license and any driving experience means that I'm not allowed to discuss this?

Yes. It disqualifies you from any kind of informed opinion and dismisses you as the boor you are.

That's insulting to me. I have explained a few times on here that I don't have anyone to help me get a driver's license and I don't have the money to get a car.

I wasn't lucky enough to have family and friends to help me successfully transition to independent living.

Now stop being an asshole to me, odeon!

What's really insulting is how you think everyone else should help you without you ever actually having to take responsibility for anything. You whinge and you natter on about your misfortunes on the one hand while insulting people or their children on the other. Stop being a moron and an arse, and I might consider treating you better. For now, however, you remain target practice.

Just because I've never driven IRL does not mean that I can't have an informed opinion on cars. In your logic, there are very few people who should even say a word about Lamborghini's, Ferrari's, and the like, because most people have never seen one, let alone driven one. The most expensive car I have ever seen is a fucking Porsche Boxster. And that was in one of the most non-classiest areas imaginable. It's not like I'm one of those stupid kids on YouTube who comment on car videos claiming to drive a particularly expensive or rare car just to get thumbs up.

On your other point, I'm not going to lie and say that I have never insulted anyone on here. But I'm not going to apologize for that anymore because I know that I'm just going to keep on insulting others on here, unless my mental illnesses get resolved somehow. It's the way I am. But I've seen much worse people than me have friends and all that. Damn it all. I'm just so fucked up like the rest of you all. Give me a BREAK!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2011, 02:47:13 AM »
Oh, just because I don't have a driver's license and any driving experience means that I'm not allowed to discuss this?

Yes. It disqualifies you from any kind of informed opinion and dismisses you as the boor you are.

That's insulting to me. I have explained a few times on here that I don't have anyone to help me get a driver's license and I don't have the money to get a car.

I wasn't lucky enough to have family and friends to help me successfully transition to independent living.

What's really insulting is how you think everyone else should help you without you ever actually having to take responsibility for anything. You whinge and you natter on about your misfortunes on the one hand while insulting people or their children on the other. Stop being a moron and an arse, and I might consider treating you better. For now, however, you remain target practice.

Just because I've never driven IRL does not mean that I can't have an informed opinion on cars. In your logic, there are very few people who should even say a word about Lamborghini's, Ferrari's, and the like, because most people have never seen one, let alone driven one. The most expensive car I have ever seen is a fucking Porsche Boxster. And that was in one of the most non-classiest areas imaginable. It's not like I'm one of those stupid kids on YouTube who comment on car videos claiming to drive a particularly expensive or rare car just to get thumbs up.

On your other point, I'm not going to lie and say that I have never insulted anyone on here. But I'm not going to apologize for that anymore because I know that I'm just going to keep on insulting others on here, unless my mental illnesses get resolved somehow. It's the way I am. But I've seen much worse people than me have friends and all that. Damn it all. I'm just so fucked up like the rest of you all. Give me a BREAK!

How are your mental illnesses going to "get resolved"? Are you still getting drunk regularly?   :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2011, 02:55:08 AM »
But I'm not going to apologize for that anymore because I know that I'm just going to keep on insulting others on here, unless my mental illnesses get resolved somehow. It's the way I am. 
i don't think anyone really gives a toss about your insults.  Water off a duck's back.  Just leave people's kids out of it.
blah blah blah

DukeNukem

« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2011, 03:21:57 AM »

How are your mental illnesses going to "get resolved"? Are you still getting drunk regularly?   :orly:

I don't know. I wish I could resolve my mental issues. This depression and incompetence is killing me. I did get a little drunk last night.

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2011, 03:44:06 AM »

I don't know. I wish I could resolve my mental issues. This depression and incontinence is killing me. I did get a little drunk last night.
fixed
blah blah blah

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2011, 03:45:15 AM »

I don't know. I wish I could resolve my mental issues. This depression and incompetence is killing me. I did get a little drunk last night.

The drinking is probably making things worse though. How is the course going? If you could get marketable skills,
you would then be more competent and thus more employable, employment would make independent living possible,
and so on. With money, you could pay for driving lessons and eventually get a car.   :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2011, 05:27:37 AM »

You got several. Why should I give you another?

Step one, learn to take responsibility.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Scrapheap

« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2011, 07:51:24 PM »

FFS Penty how stupid could you be?? I made a career out of high school metal shop and auto shop. It resulted in me working as a fabricator and prototype machinist for a 15 time world champ drag racing team.

If I can pull that off, there's no reason that you couldn't get a drivers liscense and get a job at Wal-Mart.  ::)

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2011, 04:37:57 AM »
anyway to lighten the tone a bit

this song is called  'hey lady in the Jaqwaar'
blah blah blah

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2011, 04:26:35 PM »

My favorite Jag is the XJ13. There's only one in the whole world though.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2011, 05:12:00 PM »
I am going to go ahead and insert myself into this conversation  :autism:

My first car was a Renault Alliance.  I don't even know what year it was but certainly pre-1985.  I paid $200 for it at a garage sale.  You do what you have to do to get a damn car.

I have driven a 1990 Jaguar XJ - nothing else like it in my limited experience. 

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2011, 05:23:36 PM »
A Jaguar SS90, the original model.

Somehow I like it better than the newer Jags.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2011, 05:35:43 PM »
A Jaguar SS90, the original model.

Somehow I like it better than the newer Jags.

I say,  what a splendid little motor car,    :clap:Bravo your majesty
blah blah blah

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2011, 12:50:22 AM »
I believe the name was "SS" back then, without "Jaguar". They changed the name when they realised that people associated "SS" with other things than cars.

I have driven a 1990 Jaguar XJ - nothing else like it in my limited experience. 

My brother's got one. A 1990, too, I think. The electrical systems are... shall we say "unique", but it's a great drive.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

eris

« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2011, 12:54:58 AM »
I saw a Jag one time that had little windshield wipers on the headlights. so cute :)