Educational

Author Topic: where do you make cuts  (Read 813 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: where do you make cuts
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2011, 05:59:10 AM »
i agree that cutting education is bad news,  and no government should ever take away chances for our young people.  It is their world next
and we are handing it over in a pretty shit state of affairs anyway.   we have an increasing number of old people, and i will be one of them :lol:
They also deserve to have good services

so where do we save money???  already snipped away at the NHS (not enough leeches anymore to go round)   i think our royal family need to
go

hmmm  maybe the same way the french got rid of theirs :eyebrows: :eyebrows:

That's great and all, but the Royal Family makes a massive overall profit for the nation.

Get rid of them, you lose a MASSIVE chunk of tourism income - then there's the intangible diplomatic bonus of having an emissary as experienced as the Queen.

I have to acknowledge they do generate a massive tourist revenue,  but that is due to the great interest people around the world have in our history.  If we made them 'history' we could open up Buckingham Palace, Sandringham etc as museums.  I wouldn't really behead the royals (well not all of them >:D)  and i could see charles doing a great job with a microphone on top of an open deck bus doing tours...

The Queen is dutiful.  Hardworking.  Works extra hard to make up for her blithering idiot of a husband!  He is just embarrassing.  Some of the stuff he has said in public!! 
eg.  on the debate about traffic in London  he piped up   “The problem with London is the tourists. They cause the congestion. If we could just stop tourism, we could stop the congestion.” and he has also said "If you travel as much as we do you appreciate how much more comfortable aircraft have become. Unless you travel in something called economy class, which sounds ghastly."

Do we really need assholes like this as Heads Of State.  If we got rid of them tomorrow think what could be done with the billions of pounds of assets they are sitting on? 

That still doesn't discount the intangible bonus of having the Queen as an emissary - a job she has decades of experience at and is damned good at doing.

You'd also lose out on the irregular boosts in revenue - the upcoming royal wedding, for example, is going to cost a fortune but is also expected to bring in a profit.

Prince Philip is hilarious. He does seem to suffer from a chronic case of Foot in Mouth syndrome, but we're hardly in a position to criticise there, eh? Besides, nobody takes him seriously, it's more a case of, "oh boy, what's he said now...?".

Actually, he sounds like a national treasure!   :rofl:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2011, 06:59:44 AM »
Well, we can make cuts in clothing if all teh womenz wore micro-bikinis.  ;)

With the climate, that would lead to women evolving into pelt wearing beings in the UK. Not sure if that is what you want.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2011, 10:13:06 PM »
cut both, increase taxes, and turn the canadian military into a world superpower by making a facility drilled down to the earths core and a giant bomb into the center... then threaten to blow up the bomb unless every citizen of canada gets every single thing he or she wants.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!