Educational

Author Topic: Wrong Planet's attack on Intensity  (Read 11445 times)

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
Re: Wrong Planet's attack on Intensity
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2006, 06:23:13 PM »
I just posted something new on the WP.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Draggon

• L337 H@X0R 0V T3H @$P13 L337
  • Postwhore
« Reply #121 on: November 06, 2006, 06:41:25 PM »
Alex seems to be developing some Alzheimer's! :o
Quote from: alex
Quote from: Mitch8817
So the leaders of these so called 'communities' are trying to isolate and separate themselves from other ones. But why? I thought this site was here to provide help, support and assistance to us, which these sites may offer also. Why can't we look at a variety of different sites and decide which is most beneficial to us? This competivitiveness is rather selfish and detrimental to members.

Note: This is a personal view, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong or misinformed. If you choose to remove this post I will be deeply dissapointed.

I agree. I don't have a problem with members linking to sites that provide help, spport, and assistance.
:finger: :wanker:
"run with a pack, not with a herd"

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2006, 06:50:20 PM »
carefully worded.

at least as far as intensity is concerned.
though, i regret to say the other fallout forums are barely holding on.

Misunderstood.

Offline Draggon

• L337 H@X0R 0V T3H @$P13 L337
  • Postwhore
« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2006, 06:55:16 PM »
carefully worded.

at least as far as intensity is concerned.
though, i regret to say the other fallout forums are barely holding on.

Those being OTS, Gestalt and Neurolands?
It is a bit of a shame that OTS didn't take off, but they would need advertisements to get big and they were founded to protest Alex's use of ads, so....   :-\
"run with a pack, not with a herd"

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2006, 07:00:28 PM »
actually i take that back

i checked out gestalt recently and it seems to be doing pretty well for a specific niche site.

btw-  anybody who is a moderator there, will you please pm me my screen name and password, or give me a new one.

i really wanted to post, but couldn't and i forgot all the necessary things to logon.
Misunderstood.

duncvis

« Reply #125 on: November 06, 2006, 07:15:28 PM »
OTS is doing okay as well. Its a quiet site compared to here, but pottering along. Ghotistix and Mockingbird seem pretty happy with it anyway, I don't think they mind the site growing slowly. It has its regulars.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2006, 07:17:30 PM »
OTS is doing okay as well. Its a quiet site compared to here, but pottering along. Ghotistix and Mockingbird seem pretty happy with it anyway, I don't think they mind the site growing slowly. It has its regulars.

still i think a linked alliance between a few boards maybe something to reconsider.
Misunderstood.

ozymandias

« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2006, 08:19:45 PM »
A lot of boards have their core group of posters with a few like myself that bounce between several sites.  Glad to hear that Gestalt is active, and OTS is doing ok.  AFF is pretty active.  AspergianIsland is slow, but, Crucibelle doesn't seem to mind.

A linked alliance would be nice and it's been talked about before, but, everything seems to end at talk!  Ever since aspergia sank, there has been three distinct groupings, AFF, AI, and WP and it's "splinter" groups.  I'd add FAMsecretsociety, but, I have heard nothing about them in a long time.  Most people seem to have gone to one group and stayed there.  I don't see too many people besides Callaway and myself switching around multiple groups.

Each group seems to have the same focus, but, way different philosophies about getting there.  Plus the biggest obstacle seems to be "extreme territorialism", with Alex and Tom/zoologist being the greatest examples of that.

Offline techstepgenr8tion

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #128 on: November 06, 2006, 10:23:29 PM »
A linked alliance would be nice and it's been talked about before, but, everything seems to end at talk!  Ever since aspergia sank, there has been three distinct groupings, AFF, AI, and WP and it's "splinter" groups.  I'd add FAMsecretsociety, but, I have heard nothing about them in a long time.  Most people seem to have gone to one group and stayed there.  I don't see too many people besides Callaway and myself switching around multiple groups.

Something else too, if you ever have a look around the Delphi forums there are at least a few closely related to OASIS that stay pretty active. My first stint with the whole AS community started with me joining Aspie Hangout where I was posting from maybe summer of 2002 up untill probably about a year or a year and a half ago. I got out of there just because a lot of the people who I had gotten close with on there came over to WP (Carla and Neongrl to name a few), also I've had some other contacts from there who I ended up signing to my myspace list and who I think may have checked out WP but I never heard from them about it after that. As of right now the few times I go to WP I see almost all of the posts coming from either Kristin or Comedian and a few from Underfasten, Rizen, Cade, Ambrotos, and a handful of other regulars. As for Aspergian Island - I didn't spend a real long time there, just took a look at it, maybe made a few posts, and when I came back periodically I saw that I really wasn't missing out on much.
Born into this world for one inherent purpose: to drop science and drop it heavy.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #129 on: November 07, 2006, 02:16:04 AM »
actually i take that back

i checked out gestalt recently and it seems to be doing pretty well for a specific niche site.

btw-  anybody who is a moderator there, will you please pm me my screen name and password, or give me a new one.

i really wanted to post, but couldn't and i forgot all the necessary things to logon.

I'll take care of it. As you know, I moderate on at least two fora.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
« Reply #130 on: November 07, 2006, 08:19:49 AM »

Well I thought that was perfectly average internet behaviour to go between places. Do you know what happened to some of the people off AI? Theres a few MIA's ive never seen from that place again

thepeaguy

« Reply #131 on: November 07, 2006, 08:25:20 AM »
So lame drama antics is what constitutes an attack is it? Lame

And ive broken the invisible barrier of penetration that apparently mean's when i say a site is boring it actually translates as STFU im leaving for good lolzzzz etc

Attention whore.

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
« Reply #132 on: November 07, 2006, 08:51:38 AM »
So lame drama antics is what constitutes an attack is it? Lame

And ive broken the invisible barrier of penetration that apparently mean's when i say a site is boring it actually translates as STFU im leaving for good lolzzzz etc

Attention whore.

Wrong im alleged to be:
Evil
Manipulative
Cowardly
Baby eater

You need to fill out the form to add alleged attention whore to the list

ozymandias

« Reply #133 on: November 07, 2006, 10:15:36 AM »

Well I thought that was perfectly average internet behaviour to go between places. Do you know what happened to some of the people off AI? Theres a few MIA's ive never seen from that place again

QueenBee, Morthaur, Zardoz, Twiginthewind and a few others I can't remember at the moment, are at Fractalus.  We heard from Katana, a couple of months ago, he's getting married soon or is married now.  A lot of the original members of AI, like Orion and StrangeGirl, have disappeared completely, DrunkardsWalk is a member here and at the neurolands and Fractalus, but, she seems to be having computer access problems at the moment.  Same with Greeneyes, but I'm happy to say that she seems to have found a nice relationship with a guy who understands AS and appreciates it.  Kman pops in on AI from time to time.  A lot have gone to AFF or are most likely on forums that are more local to their countries!

If you have anyone particular in mind, let me know and I'll see if I know where or what they're up to.

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
« Reply #134 on: November 07, 2006, 10:24:33 AM »
Mothrar and Greeneyes were who I wanted to know about really. Good to hear about Greeneyes I met her and her sister in London last year and she was quite a nice lass. Quite a looker too from what I remember even though she was old enough to be my mum