Educational

Author Topic: how many wives????  (Read 352 times)

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
how many wives????
« on: February 27, 2011, 08:21:19 PM »
Just been watching a documentary on Discovery about this guy who lived in a big house with his three wives!!  I know it's illegal in most places,  but for arguments sake lets say 'partners'. 

They all had kids with him,  who all lived together.  He had been with the two of them for many years but started having problems when he moved the third in!!!  WTF does he expect!!!

I can't imagine fitting into a scenario like that.  It was interesting to hear the views of the children,  all the girls said when they grew up they would only have one husband and wouldn't dream of walking in their mothers shoes.  However,  the boys were saying they would have more than one wife in other words 'be just like Daddy'

People are puzzling :screwy:
blah blah blah

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: how many wives????
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 08:25:36 PM »
Just been watching a documentary on Discovery about this guy who lived in a big house with his three wives!!  I know it's illegal in most places,  but for arguments sake lets say 'partners'. 

They all had kids with him,  who all lived together.  He had been with the two of them for many years but started having problems when he moved the third in!!!  WTF does he expect!!!

I can't imagine fitting into a scenario like that.  It was interesting to hear the views of the children,  all the girls said when they grew up they would only have one husband and wouldn't dream of walking in their mothers shoes.  However,  the boys were saying they would have more than one wife in other words 'be just like Daddy'

People are puzzling :screwy:

I haven't seen the Discovery Channel show about real life "Big Love," although there's also a HBO series called "Big Love" which is a fictionalized version of a man with three wives, who live in three houses right next door to one another.  I didn't think I would like it, but I do find it interesting how some people can be so different. 

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 08:30:57 PM »
  I didn't think I would like it, but I do find it interesting how some people can be so different. 

me too :-\    it was weird that the first two got on so well,  wifey no.1 even was a bridesmaid no.2's wedding!!!   wonder if he sleeps with em on a rota basis,  or if they draw straws?? :lol:
blah blah blah

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 08:37:49 PM »
  I didn't think I would like it, but I do find it interesting how some people can be so different. 

me too :-\    it was weird that the first two got on so well,  wifey no.1 even was a bridesmaid no.2's wedding!!!   wonder if he sleeps with em on a rota basis,  or if they draw straws?? :lol:

Maybe they have orgies, so no one gets left out.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Osensitive1

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 08:45:04 PM »
Saw a show on it once, do recall they had schedules though may not be the case with all.

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 08:49:09 PM »
The more i think about it the more i think...hmmm might not be too bad if i was number one wifey -  then i could delegate the household chores and sit on my fat clown ass all day on my computer :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:
blah blah blah

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 09:02:56 PM »
Well if they're going to run around anyways, at least you have help with the housework and a babysitter when you need it. :laugh:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 09:06:39 PM »

On the "Big Love" show, which is fictionalized, they take turns where the husband spends the day and night, which is usually a three day rotation, but if it's someone's birthday or someone is trying to get pregnant and she knows she's ovulating, they are flexible with the schedule.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 09:11:34 PM »
I don't think I would want more than one wife/gf. And tbh, I think the chances of me GETTING more than one wife/gf are close to zilch :laugh:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2011, 06:05:16 AM »
That's just asking for problems.  Too many people to have to please and deal with on a daily basis.

"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2011, 06:09:01 AM »
A housemate of mine ended up with two women, and both had a child. All went well for quite some time. But, after that, he had to choose.

We had a couple of artists with multiple women here too. Funny, one of them was less famous than a few of his ladies. It worked well for all apparently. If it does, I cannot see a problem there.

I would get completely messed up, if I had to be in an intimate living situation with more than one partner. The social stuff would do me in completely.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2011, 06:31:20 AM »
A housemate of mine ended up with two women, and both had a child. All went well for quite some time. But, after that, he had to choose.

We had a couple of artists with multiple women here too. Funny, one of them was less famous than a few of his ladies. It worked well for all apparently. If it does, I cannot see a problem there.

I would get completely messed up, if I had to be in an intimate living situation with more than one partner. The social stuff would do me in completely.

I think sooner or later shit would hit the fan and in no small way
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2011, 06:34:28 AM »

I think sooner or later shit would hit the fan and in no small way

See, messy. And I don't like cleaning up after that.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2011, 06:40:21 AM »
I'd never agree to an arrangement like that, I'm too jealous.  I don't share.  :flame:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"