Educational

Author Topic: where do you make cuts  (Read 810 times)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: where do you make cuts
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 10:01:34 AM »
Cutting education is not always cutting what goes to the students.  In my town the last two school superintendents have either resigned or been forced out after little more than a year due to scandal.  The most recent after being charged with fondling two principals.  Yet they have heath benefits through the town for life and full pensions at about $100,000 a year seems a bit much to me.  That is a place to start on education.  My wife is a teacher so you would think I would be against cutting education but the waste in the administration and paperwork  she sees is appalling this is money that has no chance of getting to students.   

What I mean is, billions and billions of dollars are being used to develop new ways to drain the planet dry and make rich elites richer in the process, when 90 percent of that money should go to worthy causes. Like education. Healthcare. Actual scientific research that would benefit humanity.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 10:03:55 AM »
If you actually LOOK at the way humanity has structured the way it lives on this planet, it will make you just as angry and betrayed as I feel 24/7. Its mind boggling just HOW fucked up things actually are.

I really had hope that the wikileaks debacle would be a heavy blow to that way of thinking, but I was wrong. Its been the way things have been done for so long, that only something as violent as world war three is going to unseat these devils.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 10:09:31 AM by RageBeoulve »
I will never stop...

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 10:29:49 AM »
Cutting education is not always cutting what goes to the students.  In my town the last two school superintendents have either resigned or been forced out after little more than a year due to scandal.  The most recent after being charged with fondling two principals.  Yet they have heath benefits through the town for life and full pensions at about $100,000 a year seems a bit much to me.  That is a place to start on education.  My wife is a teacher so you would think I would be against cutting education but the waste in the administration and paperwork  she sees is appalling this is money that has no chance of getting to students.   

What I mean is, billions and billions of dollars are being used to develop new ways to drain the planet dry and make rich elites richer in the process, when 90 percent of that money should go to worthy causes. Like education. Healthcare. Actual scientific research that would benefit humanity.

I see what you mean but my town is just one small city in the US if it is any indication of how things are run elsewhere just do the math.  Two dismissed superintendents at say with befits about $120,000 a year multiplied by how many other towns over how many years it is a staggering amount.  The same with the other waste just add it up it's not so much when you look at it individually but collectively it is tremendous.

"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 11:15:12 AM »
i agree that cutting education is bad news,  and no government should ever take away chances for our young people.  It is their world next
and we are handing it over in a pretty shit state of affairs anyway.   we have an increasing number of old people, and i will be one of them :lol:
They also deserve to have good services

so where do we save money???  already snipped away at the NHS (not enough leeches anymore to go round)   i think our royal family need to
go

hmmm  maybe the same way the french got rid of theirs :eyebrows: :eyebrows:

That's great and all, but the Royal Family makes a massive overall profit for the nation.

Get rid of them, you lose a MASSIVE chunk of tourism income - then there's the intangible diplomatic bonus of having an emissary as experienced as the Queen.

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2011, 11:21:07 AM »
The structure and rituals of society make me extremely angry, so getting me started on this could be a problem.

:popcorn:

I think the government ministers could do with a cut in their wages , if we have to make sacrifices so do they. :arrr:

i agree, if by cut you mean "bullet" and wages you mean "to the face"

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2011, 11:31:46 AM »
Yep. Bullets.
I will never stop...

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2011, 04:33:57 PM »
i agree that cutting education is bad news,  and no government should ever take away chances for our young people.  It is their world next
and we are handing it over in a pretty shit state of affairs anyway.   we have an increasing number of old people, and i will be one of them :lol:

so where do we save money???  already snipped away at the NHS (not enough leeches anymore to go round)   i think our royal family need to
go

That's great and all, but the Royal Family makes a massive overall profit for the nation.

Get rid of them, you lose a MASSIVE chunk of tourism income - then there's the intangible diplomatic bonus of having an emissary as experienced as the Queen.

I have to acknowledge they do generate a massive tourist revenue,  but that is due to the great interest people around the world have in our history.  If we made them 'history' we could open up Buckingham Palace, Sandringham etc as museums.  I wouldn't really behead the royals (well not all of them >:D)  and i could see charles doing a great job with a microphone on top of an open deck bus doing tours...

The Queen is dutiful.  Hardworking.  Works extra hard to make up for her blithering idiot of a husband!  He is just embarrassing.  Some of the stuff he has said in public!! 
eg.  on the debate about traffic in London  he piped up   “The problem with London is the tourists. They cause the congestion. If we could just stop tourism, we could stop the congestion.” and he has also said "If you travel as much as we do you appreciate how much more comfortable aircraft have become. Unless you travel in something called economy class, which sounds ghastly."

Do we really need assholes like this as Heads Of State.  If we got rid of them tomorrow think what could be done with the billions of pounds of assets they are sitting on? 
blah blah blah

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2011, 06:13:03 PM »
End the War on Drugs
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Osensitive1

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2011, 06:25:29 PM »
Not sure if they have a war on drugs over there, parts. Surely would be a big cut here though.

DukeNukem

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2011, 08:00:29 PM »
If you actually LOOK at the way humanity has structured the way it lives on this planet, it will make you just as angry and betrayed as I feel 24/7. Its mind boggling just HOW fucked up things actually are.

I really had hope that the wikileaks debacle would be a heavy blow to that way of thinking, but I was wrong. Its been the way things have been done for so long, that only something as violent as world war three is going to unseat these devils.

I agree, but we, as human beings have failed the planet Earth and ourselves. We aren't anywhere as technologically advanced as we should be right now. The human race as a whole is a colossal failure of gargantuan proportions, rapidly racing towards its own extinction, instead of real progress. There's no fixing this situation. The human race has gone too far. We all need to be wiped off the face of the Earth.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2011, 09:03:11 PM »

I agree, but we, as human beings have failed the planet Earth and ourselves. We aren't anywhere as technologically advanced as we should be right now. The human race as a whole is a colossal failure of gargantuan proportions, rapidly racing towards its own extinction, instead of real progress. There's no fixing this situation. The human race has gone too far. We all need to be wiped off the face of the Earth.

Let's start with you.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Scrapheap

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2011, 09:28:29 PM »
Well, we can make cuts in clothing if all teh womenz wore micro-bikinis.  ;)

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2011, 10:51:29 PM »

Well if the revolutions in the Middle East keep spreading, a violent flashpoint will be reached and ignited as key geopolitical regions become unstable, likely resulting in a world war. But I've always said that nothing short of a cataclysm will change things.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

eris

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2011, 11:43:15 PM »

I'd start by cutting the 'dropping bombs on brown people' budget.

:agreed:

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2011, 03:19:45 AM »

go

I have to acknowledge they do generate a massive tourist revenue,  but that is due to the great interest people around the world have in our history.  If we made them 'history' we could open up Buckingham Palace, Sandringham etc as museums.  I wouldn't really behead the royals (well not all of them >:D)  and i could see charles doing a great job with a microphone on top of an open deck bus doing tours...

The Queen is dutiful.  Hardworking.  Works extra hard to make up for her blithering idiot of a husband!  He is just embarrassing.  Some of the stuff he has said in public!! 
eg.  on the debate about traffic in London  he piped up   “The problem with London is the tourists. They cause the congestion. If we could just stop tourism, we could stop the congestion.” and he has also said "If you travel as much as we do you appreciate how much more comfortable aircraft have become. Unless you travel in something called economy class, which sounds ghastly."

Do we really need assholes like this as Heads Of State.  If we got rid of them tomorrow think what could be done with the billions of pounds of assets they are sitting on? 

That still doesn't discount the intangible bonus of having the Queen as an emissary - a job she has decades of experience at and is damned good at doing.

You'd also lose out on the irregular boosts in revenue - the upcoming royal wedding, for example, is going to cost a fortune but is also expected to bring in a profit.

Prince Philip is hilarious. He does seem to suffer from a chronic case of Foot in Mouth syndrome, but we're hardly in a position to criticise there, eh? Besides, nobody takes him seriously, it's more a case of, "oh boy, what's he said now...?".