Author Topic: don't be so fucking emo  (Read 1892 times)

eris

Re: don't be so fucking emo
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2011, 09:49:09 PM »
Eahh, i Ilike blak metal but Im much more of a punk.

Real punk :) I listen to bad religion and rise against, not the stuff on the radio

so i wont get riled up

Ill just say OI OI OI OI and headbutt you  :clap:

then turn on AFI and cry about it  :laugh:

Bad Religion? Rise Against?

I fucking hate those God-awful bands.

I much prefer doom metal above everything else.

yeah this is because you dont like punk  :laugh:

Im saying I like real punk, hardrcore and post-hardore, not Good Charolette shit

and if it's got a fucking trumpet in it - it's over. Ska should not even be associate with Punk. And anywone who likes stuff like the Dropkick Murpheys can just drop dead  :thumbdn:

Gosh i shound almost as much of a music snob as you do haha. At least I can see how brilliant Outkast is though :)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 09:52:51 PM by eris »

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2011, 09:52:31 PM »
Part of me wants to spam this thread with stuff like Ke$ha.

I don't like her.......well maybe a little.... :zombiefuck:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

eris

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2011, 09:56:03 PM »
Kesha is atually considered crunkpunk acutally  :thumbdn:

see how bad this shit is getting ? Emo thats turning into crunkpunk is the worst music of all time.

Ok so it was funny with the screamo rap  covers, but these fucking people are taking themselves seriously

and then there is Ke$ha

I want to kill her :) hehe I hope she dies :)

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2011, 09:59:56 PM »
Kesha is atually considered crunkpunk acutally  :thumbdn:

see how bad this shit is getting ? Emo thats turning into crunkpunk is the worst music of all time.

Ok so it was funny with the screamo rap  covers, but these fucking people are taking themselves seriously

and then there is Ke$ha

I want to kill her :) hehe I hope she dies :)

Lol well yeah im not a fan of her music (apart from like one song)

Although funnily enough Ke$ha is a bit like you were personality wise what with not going for relationships but just teh sex.

I have no idea how that is relevant but heck I felt it was  :P
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

eris

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2011, 10:05:14 PM »
yeah i guess I like her attitide, like I like Lady Gaga's attitide, thye seem ok just hate the music. I just was raised a punk kid and it's amazing I'm as openminded as I am

You like my new gag ? I actually put that on people. haha. It makes it easy to spit it someones mouth

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2011, 10:07:02 PM »
yeah i guess I like her attitide, like I like Lady Gaga's attitide, thye seem ok just hate the music. I just was raised a punk kid and it's amazing I'm as openminded as I am

You like my new gag ? I actually put that on people. haha. It makes it easy to spit it someones mouth

That looks PAINFUL  :zombiefuck:

Although kinda the point I guess :laugh:

Scrapheap

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2011, 10:25:32 PM »
and if it's got a fucking trumpet in it - it's over. Ska should not even be associate with Punk. And anywone who likes stuff like the Dropkick Murpheys can just drop dead  :thumbdn:

You're starting to speak some blasphemy here.  :thumbdn:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2011, 10:28:10 PM »
I was a kid in black....way back in the early 80's.

I used to get picked on for painting my nails black, and trust me that wasn't easy to do (wasn't a bottle of black polish to be found within a 20 mile radius back then were I lived), used to mix testor's black model paint with clear nail polish.

I was more a metalhead into the darker stuff though.

eris

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2011, 10:41:29 PM »

That looks PAINFUL  :zombiefuck:

Although kinda the point I guess :laugh:

It isnt painfull, the ring part keeps your mouth open wide as it can get though. I tried it on to check, it is just very uncomfortble- but that is kind of the point. I'm not the one wearing it anyway  ;)

You're starting to speak some blasphemy here.  :thumbdn:

Que ?

I hope you don't like crunkpunk or ska. That would be a shame. But I'm not saying that my music is " better " or anything. Lots of technically better music with many more chords. There are tons of talented people making music that I dont care for. I'm not saying it is better....well, it is better than ska.

I was a kid in black....way back in the early 80's.

I used to get picked on for painting my nails black, and trust me that wasn't easy to do (wasn't a bottle of black polish to be found within a 20 mile radius back then were I lived), used to mix testor's black model paint with clear nail polish.

I was more a metalhead into the darker stuff though.

the 80s was the best and worst musical decade in history, imo  8) Morrissey made it more good than bad, though. And I know what you mean about the black nailpolissh not being avaisable. when I was a teenager in the late nineties it was hard to find, and I had to order my hair dye from a catalog. But it is everywhere now. I got purple hair dye and bleach at the drugstore now  :screwy:

and I am a metalhead too  :headbang2:  I like all kinds of music. Just not ska. :)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 10:52:49 PM by eris »

Binty

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2011, 10:55:43 PM »

Looks good  :orly:

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2011, 01:20:12 AM »
Most youth look that ridulous that I can't even tell who is emo/scene/wanker etc. 5 years ago I easily could. :dunno:

As for this thread, I see little point of trying to differentiate what is emo and what isn't. Terms are fairly subjective, and in my opinion "emo" applies to anything from post-hardcore to scene. The music doesn't need to be depressing, simply just needs to be made by pasty skinny white kids in skinny jeans. That could also mean some electronic music.

From that, they're a subgenre of hipster. :zoinks:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 01:23:52 AM by Schleed »

P7PSP

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2011, 01:30:40 AM »

the 80s was the best and worst musical decade in history, imo  8) Morrissey made it more good than bad, though. And I know what you mean about the black nailpolissh not being avaisable. when I was a teenager in the late nineties it was hard to find, and I had to order my hair dye from a catalog. But it is everywhere now. I got purple hair dye and bleach at the drugstore now  :screwy:

and I am a metalhead too  :headbang2:  I like all kinds of music. Just not ska. :)
Morrissey? That fag was the Terry Jacks of the 1980s.  :thumbdn:

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2011, 01:43:33 AM »
I like one of his songs, but not a huge fan of him. A lot of it seems to be fairly melodramatic.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2011, 04:06:28 AM »
Ok, this is going to be a really unpopular thread   I don't care
   .....'' and we don't care''   screamed john lydon back in the seventies which is where punk started for me. 

I was a little girl, and so so wanted to be grown up.  i recall my brother coming in with his copy of the sex pistols record 'never mind the bollox here's the sex pistols'  and how my mum and dad went crazy!  things like that were 'shocking' back then you see. 

I liked your two tracks,  the first one more so...but i have to admit i am not really clued up on all the terms like 'screamo'  but yeah i love music like that.  check this out eris,  this is early eighties, and a uk band called crass

is this screamo, or how would you classify it?  i think its wierd how punk has changed over the years,  and other little sub groups have formed. 

many years later i saw the same thing happen with 'rave'  - it was underground to start with, and just called rave,  then it got split into techno, trance etc.   i suppose everything evolves.

blah blah blah

P7PSP

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2011, 04:07:48 AM »
The 1970s version of Morrissey.

The 1960s version.