Educational

Author Topic: just wondering?  (Read 1836 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: just wondering?
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 07:36:18 PM »
wp is good because there are always new posts and new threads. And with more members, there are always a few idiots to have fun with. I really don't like the moderation though

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 08:35:24 PM »
Yes some new modfag came racing in to warn me. Naturally I was humbled and cowed by such action...or something

Quote from: TallyMan
I have removed your sarcastic post from Quatermass' retirement thread. It is against the site rules to belittle other members. This is an official warning.

Really? So you are the guy who enforces rules and the rule of "do not belittle members" is one that you enforce?

Actually that sounds pretty fair. Let's see if it is.

There is some guy on here. This is what he said to the forum membership that disagreed with his point of view.

"You disgust me. Pathetic, petty little minds who cannot get over slights either imagined or exaggerated as justification for doing what you want, regardless of how others feel. You are poor examples of the human race as a whole, regardless of whether or not you have Asperger's, autism, or are an NT"

Seems a pretty cut and dried case of belittling and a LOT nasty than my silly comments right?

OK glad we are on the same page. This guy's punishment was a return to full mod powers and a year on a thread where people are allowed to laud praises at him.
But you are here in all fairness and responsible mod duties to combat such things or are you going to let this one slide.
I mean that quote in Animal House says it doesn't it. "All animals are equal but some are more equal than others"

So by the way pleased to meet you. I am Rossc and I see that you are Tallyman.
I am glad we have this silly business of you trying to give an ineffectual and hypocritical warning to me because now neither have to try to pretend the other is completely ignorant or stupid and despite the rudeness of your introduction to me I am happy to treat you respectfully in the PM.

Now let's look at the quote and what I directed at Quatermass. There was nothing really in it (certainly not in comparison to his effort above last year). Quatermass was a despised mod. Over many years he was seen as the mod unreasonable mod only just pipped at the post by Sinsboldly. Believe me that is poor company to be in.

He was emotional, unreasonable and loved nothing better than baiting members he did not like into doing something banworthy. He was many times weighing in really nasty or condescendingly to debates (the type of comments that a non-mod would likely get warned or banned for and without censor) the member response in the same style and boom..banhammer time. It was a nasty little bit of power levering.

So to such a man? At worst my comments were a little bit sarcastic and at least subtle and vague enough to not be an obvious slap in the face. But what you actually want is not in any way a true representation as to what people thought of him. Instead just  a small selection of well wishers. For all he has done for this forum and in fairness let the comments flow and if he is to be remembered in his mod job let it be uncensored. Good and bad and indifferent.

He was liked, hated, people thought him strict, people saw him unreasonable, people found him nice people, found him nasty and he would know this. If he is not a thin-skinned hypocrite, he would know this represents a more realistic view and a teasing from me or worse is not going to drive him to tears.

So Tallyman, don't try to warn me. Take off the warning. Have a rethink as to the thread and its censorship and consider the hypocrisy and silliness of the whole belittling rule.
[/i]

They really don't get it do they? Weird.

I don't have a copy. I know I should have made one but it was late.

Something just saying that his leaving was a great decision that I agree with and I am sure many members past and present will applaud it. Also that I may have one or twice said something that may under some circumstances be seen as not to be completely in favour with him but now he has stopped being a mod I am sure we will be very close and in time best friends. I then said it was time for a celebration and showed a youtube clip of a child production of the Wizard of Oz "Ding dong the witch is dead"

All quite innocent stuff.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 09:06:37 PM by Sir_Les_Patterson »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 08:55:39 PM »
Tallyman is the one who banned my last account for repeated sexual posts- EVEN THOUGH my sexual post was towards a fake troll account who was posting sexual stuff "her"self  :dunno:

Scrapheap

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2011, 09:13:15 PM »
Long ago I came to view WP and Alex Plank as the Benny Hinn Ministries of Autism.

He has run his site as a cash-cow to be milked for all it's worth.

His moderator policies are actually quite simple: you controll a flock of sheep by introducing a wolf. You controll prey by controlling their predators. Quatermass was the predator used to controll the sheep. It's a very cynical form management.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2011, 10:39:13 PM »
Yes some new modfag came racing in to warn me. Naturally I was humbled and cowed by such action...or something

Quote from: TallyMan
I have removed your sarcastic post from Quatermass' retirement thread. It is against the site rules to belittle other members. This is an official warning.

Really? So you are the guy who enforces rules and the rule of "do not belittle members" is one that you enforce?

Actually that sounds pretty fair. Let's see if it is.

There is some guy on here. This is what he said to the forum membership that disagreed with his point of view.

"You disgust me. Pathetic, petty little minds who cannot get over slights either imagined or exaggerated as justification for doing what you want, regardless of how others feel. You are poor examples of the human race as a whole, regardless of whether or not you have Asperger's, autism, or are an NT"

Seems a pretty cut and dried case of belittling and a LOT nasty than my silly comments right?

OK glad we are on the same page. This guy's punishment was a return to full mod powers and a year on a thread where people are allowed to laud praises at him.
But you are here in all fairness and responsible mod duties to combat such things or are you going to let this one slide.
I mean that quote in Animal House says it doesn't it. "All animals are equal but some are more equal than others"

So by the way pleased to meet you. I am Rossc and I see that you are Tallyman.
I am glad we have this silly business of you trying to give an ineffectual and hypocritical warning to me because now neither have to try to pretend the other is completely ignorant or stupid and despite the rudeness of your introduction to me I am happy to treat you respectfully in the PM.

Now let's look at the quote and what I directed at Quatermass. There was nothing really in it (certainly not in comparison to his effort above last year). Quatermass was a despised mod. Over many years he was seen as the mod unreasonable mod only just pipped at the post by Sinsboldly. Believe me that is poor company to be in.

He was emotional, unreasonable and loved nothing better than baiting members he did not like into doing something banworthy. He was many times weighing in really nasty or condescendingly to debates (the type of comments that a non-mod would likely get warned or banned for and without censor) the member response in the same style and boom..banhammer time. It was a nasty little bit of power levering.

So to such a man? At worst my comments were a little bit sarcastic and at least subtle and vague enough to not be an obvious slap in the face. But what you actually want is not in any way a true representation as to what people thought of him. Instead just  a small selection of well wishers. For all he has done for this forum and in fairness let the comments flow and if he is to be remembered in his mod job let it be uncensored. Good and bad and indifferent.

He was liked, hated, people thought him strict, people saw him unreasonable, people found him nice people, found him nasty and he would know this. If he is not a thin-skinned hypocrite, he would know this represents a more realistic view and a teasing from me or worse is not going to drive him to tears.

So Tallyman, don't try to warn me. Take off the warning. Have a rethink as to the thread and its censorship and consider the hypocrisy and silliness of the whole belittling rule.
[/i]

They really don't get it do they? Weird.

I don't have a copy. I know I should have made one but it was late.

Something just saying that his leaving was a great decision that I agree with and I am sure many members past and present will applaud it. Also that I may have one or twice said something that may under some circumstances be seen as not to be completely in favour with him but now he has stopped being a mod I am sure we will be very close and in time best friends. I then said it was time for a celebration and showed a youtube clip of a child production of the Wizard of Oz "Ding dong the witch is dead"

All quite innocent stuff.

That sounds pretty reasonable to me.  Ding dong the witch is dead would be pretty funny.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2011, 11:16:04 PM »
I pop in from time to time. Too much drama & whining.  :zombiefuck:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2011, 12:54:31 AM »
I got banned for no reason from WP so I don't go back there. I do wonder who did the banning, though.

Edit: just thinking that maybe they did it because they found out that I am an admin here. I wonder.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 01:00:41 AM by renaeden »
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2011, 12:56:30 AM »
I wish I had kept count of the number of times I had been banned

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2011, 06:20:31 AM »
Oh...thanks to Hyke who DID copy the quote prior to me having it removed.

Here it is

I am sure that your decision to vacate the moderator position was a very good one and one that will be very well received by the members past and present who have got to know you. A very sensible decision that I personally commend.

But I know I may have once or twice said something to you that may (or may not) have been construed by some interpretations as a little severe on your ability to make reasonable and reasoned, fair and rational moderating decisions.

Anyhow you have vacated that position and I am pleased and I suspect we will no doubt become good and close friends in our time here now.

I think it calls for a bit of celebrations.

Oh by the way. I am banned again.  :zoinks:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2011, 07:59:25 AM »
Oh...thanks to Hyke who DID copy the quote prior to me having it removed.

Here it is

I am sure that your decision to vacate the moderator position was a very good one and one that will be very well received by the members past and present who have got to know you. A very sensible decision that I personally commend.

But I know I may have once or twice said something to you that may (or may not) have been construed by some interpretations as a little severe on your ability to make reasonable and reasoned, fair and rational moderating decisions.

Anyhow you have vacated that position and I am pleased and I suspect we will no doubt become good and close friends in our time here now.

I think it calls for a bit of celebrations.

Oh by the way. I am banned again.  :zoinks:

You made excellent points, but I'm sorry you're banned again.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2011, 08:59:11 AM »
I got banned for no reason from WP so I don't go back there. I do wonder who did the banning, though.

Edit: just thinking that maybe they did it because they found out that I am an admin here. I wonder.

I'm not banned there, and I'm an admin here too, though.

I only have a handful of posts there and I bend over backward not to be offensive, but I can't imagine you being offensive in any way.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2011, 09:05:48 AM »

You made excellent points, but I'm sorry you're banned again.

You are? Hell I am not. I think it is funny. I have been banned 4 times and no doubt if I can be bothered getting re-instated or set up a new account....gets kinda old after a while though don't it?  :o

Same old WP and I think that the reason I will always end up banned is because I am not one to turn a blind eye. I call it as I see it right or wrong. Not the type of honesty or assertiveness they want there.

Offline Enos

• Earliest Common Ancestor of the Aspie Elite
  • Frequent Poster
    • My facebook
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2011, 10:43:19 AM »
I don't hate it, I must admit I post there quite a lot.
But it is fun to bitch and gossip, and even though I like that site there are some members I can't stand.
Swat PETA, not flies

P7PSP

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2011, 10:53:52 AM »
I don't hate it, I must admit I post there quite a lot.
But it is fun to bitch and gossip, and even though I like that site there are some members I can't stand.
What is the name of that Jerry something guy who likes to snitch everyone to the mods? He has an avatar that looks like a mongoloid.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2011, 11:22:06 AM »
Of all posts I have seen by you there. I don't see how that is trolling.

Anyone who would like to pay homage to QM the last of the awful mods there who managed to avoid being fired like his contemporaries somehow, there is a thread

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt150386.html

I have written a few words and hope that he receives them in the utmost respect and reverence that is afforded to him.

I think they were still kinder than these ones

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postxf118643-0-105.html