Educational

Author Topic: Things you will never "get" in life  (Read 4620 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Things you will never "get" in life
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2016, 08:07:50 AM »
to own property.

Because money.

:autism:

Maybe it's time for a change of career.  :heisenberg:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2016, 09:00:45 AM »
I still don't get how to negotiate changing social rules. It seems like they change for the least thing, like room temperature or something else I can't detect. It's even worse in Canada because the small set of rules I learned in the U.S. is only marginally acceptable here.

I don't get why in Canada, "polite" seems to mean "doormat" so you get demerits for being impolite to people who are being rude. Who gets to be rude and why is that OK? I don't get it.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2016, 08:14:15 PM »
I don't get why in Canada, "polite" seems to mean "doormat" so you get demerits for being impolite to people who are being rude. Who gets to be rude and why is that OK? I don't get it.
Passive aggression might be an acceptable outlet. Mom's favorite passive aggression is prayer. She tells rude people she'll say a prayer for them. If they want specifics, she tells them she'll pray they receive the loving light of jesus into their heart and stop disrespecting their own spirit with darkness. :laugh:

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2016, 02:41:16 AM »
Passive aggression might be an acceptable outlet. Mom's favorite passive aggression is prayer. She tells rude people she'll say a prayer for them. If they want specifics, she tells them she'll pray they receive the loving light of jesus into their heart and stop disrespecting their own spirit with darkness. :laugh:

Well, that certainly explains the middle aged lady war that takes place in the metro all the time. Some of those women are downright scary about getting to a seat, while others have that look of self-righteousness on their face when they are defeated. Clearly they are praying for their deranged counterparts. I've seen these women fight their way onto an empty train - many seats left over after everyone gets on.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2016, 05:35:11 AM »
I still don't get how to negotiate changing social rules. It seems like they change for the least thing, like room temperature or something else I can't detect. It's even worse in Canada because the small set of rules I learned in the U.S. is only marginally acceptable here.

Maybe the point of this judgment is that you should "take the high road."  But that doesn't
  impress or enlighten the truly rude.  Sometimes you have to address them in their own language!  :fingers:

People forget.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2016, 03:50:02 PM »

Well, that certainly explains the middle aged lady war that takes place in the metro all the time. Some of those women are downright scary about getting to a seat, while others have that look of self-righteousness on their face when they are defeated. Clearly they are praying for their deranged counterparts. I've seen these women fight their way onto an empty train - many seats left over after everyone gets on.
Thinking she doesn't actually pray for them; though maybe she does pray and I simply assume she's being a sarcastic cunt no one knows how to respond to. :laugh:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2016, 05:55:31 AM »
  Cruise vacations.  Maybe once you get on board it's fun.  I dunno.  People spend an awful lot
  of money for a week on a floating disco.  If I want a buffet, I can buy one and eat it at home!  :devour:

People forget.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2016, 10:05:38 AM »
  Cruise vacations.  Maybe once you get on board it's fun.  I dunno.  People spend an awful lot
  of money for a week on a floating disco.  If I want a buffet, I can buy one and eat it at home!  :devour:

Ah, but it's the hotel service and the pool.

I took a cruise of the Greek Islands (one stop at Ephesus, Turkey) and the best thing was when the meltimi (sp? cold wind that blows off the mountains) roughed up the seas and cooled you off from the hot sun on ship.  I slept outside on a deck chair that night and woke up with a lot of bruises from the blanket being blown by the wind.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2016, 11:38:39 AM »

Have never taken a cruise. Am easily motion sick, and can't stand the idea of spending that much to possibly not enjoy the trip.

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2016, 11:46:47 AM »
Cruises are great if you like being on the water.  I have never slept so well as on a cruise.  The gentle rocking really did something for me.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2016, 03:05:28 PM »
Moving cartoons.  Print cartoons, comic books, jokes, etc. yes; TV and movie cartoons no.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2016, 03:51:54 PM »
I wouldn't do a cruise. No desire to be packed in like sardines or herded from one sanitized tourist trap to another. Plus the chances of getting gluten free food at the buffet would be slim to none.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2016, 04:29:08 PM »
Moving cartoons.  Print cartoons, comic books, jokes, etc. yes; TV and movie cartoons no.

They don't have scary eyes and for the ones I watch/read the interactions are simple or I can ponder them for hours without having to worry about making replies. I'm better now at jokes and puns than when I was younger.

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2016, 10:33:20 PM »
Cruises are great if you like being on the water.  I have never slept so well as on a cruise.  The gentle rocking really did something for me.
Maybe a water bed would be ideal for you. ;)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2016, 05:58:25 AM »
I wouldn't do a cruise. No desire to be packed in like sardines or herded from one sanitized tourist trap to another. Plus the chances of getting gluten free food at the buffet would be slim to none.

Also, food poisoning can happen at buffets if people reuse their germy plates!  :police:

People forget.