Author Topic: Talking too much  (Read 796 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Talking too much
« on: January 12, 2011, 07:41:48 AM »
Some people drive me fuck crazy with talking too much just wanting to hear their own voices.  I love my daughter dearly but she can drive me insane right now she is playing Sims and giving a detailed description of everything she is doing from the other side of the room nobody is near her or watching but she wants you to listen and gets mad if you don't.  I sometime think she can't breath without talking
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Talking too much
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 07:47:03 AM »
Does my fucking head in too. It annoys me even more though when you can only half hear it. Like when my mum's on the phone downstairs and I'm trying to readin my room. God!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 08:07:01 AM »
Does my fucking head in too. It annoys me even more though when you can only half hear it. Like when my mum's on the phone downstairs and I'm trying to readin my room. God!

I get that from every angle I have a lot of auditory processing problems and as much as I tell people don't expect an answer if I am not looking at you it continues.  Constant sound for me is painful at time music not so much but talking drives me nuts it physically hurts

George Bernard Shaw

DukeNukem

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 09:32:58 AM »
I have a neighbor who goes out into the hallway to talk on her cellphone. :blah:

What's even worse, she's usually smoking on of them damn stinking cigarettes and the smell creeps into my apartment. :sick:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 11:30:39 AM »
We have a few of those at work. The Moron is one of them. She talks even if she has nothing to say, and she frequently interrupts those who actually do have a point or know what they are talking about.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Scrapheap

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 11:41:27 AM »
Some people drive me fuck crazy with talking too much just wanting to hear their own voices.  I love my daughter dearly but she can drive me insane right now she is playing Sims and giving a detailed description of everything she is doing from the other side of the room nobody is near her or watching but she wants you to listen and gets mad if you don't.  I sometime think she can't breath without talking

I your daughter related to my brother somehow??  :dunno:  :laugh:

eris

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 11:47:41 AM »
...and this is why I don't answer my cell phone.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 11:49:50 AM »
...and this is why I don't answer my cell phone.

Ah, yes.  I continually tell Prince Albert and the Princess Royal that phones were designed to assist us, not for us to be at their beck and call (pardon the pun).  Caller ID and answer phones are dear friends of mine. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 12:03:37 PM »

My son does that too, it gets worse when he's with his friends, because then he wants to show off.  Except his favorite game is Black Ops at the moment.  :laugh:

I think my head is going to explode by the end of the day sometimes.

My ex is one of those, he's one of those "touchy" types too, not only does he never shut up somedays, but he has to poke you in the arm with his finger the whole time he's talking when he's trying to make a point.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 12:11:49 PM »

My son does that too, it gets worse when he's with his friends, because then he wants to show off.  Except his favorite game is Black Ops at the moment.  :laugh:

My ex is one of those, he's one of those "touchy" types too, not only does he never shut up somedays, but he has to poke you in the arm with his finger the whole time he's talking when he's trying to make a point.

Well, he could poke you with something else.  :evillaugh:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

eris

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 12:14:18 PM »
Some people drive me fuck crazy with talking too much just wanting to hear their own voices.  I love my daughter dearly but she can drive me insane right now she is playing Sims and giving a detailed description of everything she is doing from the other side of the room nobody is near her or watching but she wants you to listen and gets mad if you don't.  I sometime think she can't breath without talking

My ex would never shut the hell up  :facepalm2: He would go on and on, knowing full well I was totally ignoring him, he was worse than an old lady

IRL, im actually a really quiet and serious person, believe it or not. I don't say much.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 02:21:23 PM »

And he didn't end up under your garden in the back yard you must be a saint :laugh:

George Bernard Shaw

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 05:03:31 PM »
I can bear it the least at the end of the day, and then, the girls can go in overdrive......

Thank goodness, there are nights.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 05:08:49 PM »
Fuck yeah one of the things I love most about staying up all night is how quite it is. I can READ without distraction! :O

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 05:12:16 PM »
Fuck yeah one of the things I love most about staying up all night is how quite it is. I can READ without distraction! :O

And think and breathe without distraction too.

But, then I distract myself, and go to I2  :hahaha:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!