Author Topic: Bored and broke  (Read 1112 times)

eris

Re: Bored and broke
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2011, 04:38:25 AM »
it is really about half price at the bookstore. and honestly, used compared to ebay was comporable back when I was in college and that was only a few years ago . It depends on the class. Like I said I got a lot of my English and Literature books very very cheap. One semester I manged to spend under a hundred dollars just becaus of the classes I was taking. 5 classes and that is a lot of $$$. Math books are expensive. Specialty books are expensive ( and hard to find elsewhere). Any kind of science, computer, or technical class will be expensive. 150$+ new then think about depreciation values from there.

... oh and  :notes:

richard

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2011, 01:56:17 PM »
join the army? atleast you'll loose some fucking weight. and turn into a man,  :zoinks:

P7PSP

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2011, 02:02:46 PM »
it is really about half price at the bookstore. and honestly, used compared to ebay was comporable back when I was in college and that was only a few years ago . It depends on the class. Like I said I got a lot of my English and Literature books very very cheap. One semester I manged to spend under a hundred dollars just becaus of the classes I was taking. 5 classes and that is a lot of $$$. Math books are expensive. Specialty books are expensive ( and hard to find elsewhere). Any kind of science, computer, or technical class will be expensive. 150$+ new then think about depreciation values from there.

Do you have a degree? If so, in what?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2011, 02:26:25 PM »
Read. You can never read enough. I also agree with taking a walk regularly.

eris

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2011, 02:30:57 PM »

philosophy :) I graduated in 07

Read. You can never read enough. I also agree with taking a walk regularly.

:thumbup:

walking does so much for you. I live halfway up a mountainside so walking is especially fun for me :) But I try to walk up and down it everyday even though i usually take a car. a quarter mile uphill is good for the soul

P7PSP

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2011, 02:42:47 PM »

philosophy :) I graduated in 07

Good to know. I'll try not to get in over my head in discussions with you.

eris

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2011, 02:49:52 PM »
no dont think of it that way !

It is just asking simple questions trying to figure stuff out. Im certainly not a genius. But I like to talk about concepts really, so you dont have to know anything in particular about anything - just have opinions.

P7PSP

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2011, 03:31:33 PM »

It is just asking simple questions trying to figure stuff out. Im certainly not a genius. But I like to talk about concepts really, so you dont have to know anything in particular about anything - just have opinions.
I'm not looking at it as playing "gotcha" on your part. More like knowing where your potential strengths lie. So I'll presume that you know more about any given points on metaphysics/philosophy than I do since I haven't studied any of that. Given what you and semicolon have been arguing it doesn't seem to be a discipline that is generally empirically testable.
Some parts of psychology are that way as well, but there are areas like conditioned response, redirected aggression, principles of mass punishment, advertising, thought control and propaganda that are proven workable. Taking over an airliner, for an example, by being loud, scary and unpredictable would be conceptually real easy. Women and children in the aisle seats, men at the windows, beat and/or kill the first loudmouth or person who's looks you don't like. Follow up by not allowing potty breaks and instilling extreme fear. Then gradually allow people to clean themselves and have bites of chocolate and use the hand not holding the whip to point the finger of blame at the government negotiators for not allowing you to let them go. After a bit of that most hostages will be in love with the hijackers and hate the government for not resolving things quicker. Do you use such principles when being a dom?

Scrapheap

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2011, 07:15:20 PM »
Take up Disc Golf.

You can get started for about $15. (driver and a putter)

Are there courses near where you live??

DukeNukem

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2011, 07:25:36 PM »
Take up Disc Golf.

I don't even know what that is.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2011, 07:30:58 PM »
Take up Disc Golf.

I don't even know what that is.

It's a form of golf played with flying discs.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

eris

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2011, 10:17:47 AM »

I'm not looking at it as playing "gotcha" on your part. More like knowing where your potential strengths lie. So I'll presume that you know more about any given points on metaphysics/philosophy than I do since I haven't studied any of that. Given what you and semicolon have been arguing it doesn't seem to be a discipline that is generally empirically testable.
Some parts of psychology are that way as well, but there are areas like conditioned response, redirected aggression, principles of mass punishment, advertising, thought control and propaganda that are proven workable. Taking over an airliner, for an example, by being loud, scary and unpredictable would be conceptually real easy. Women and children in the aisle seats, men at the windows, beat and/or kill the first loudmouth or person who's looks you don't like. Follow up by not allowing potty breaks and instilling extreme fear. Then gradually allow people to clean themselves and have bites of chocolate and use the hand not holding the whip to point the finger of blame at the government negotiators for not allowing you to let them go. After a bit of that most hostages will be in love with the hijackers and hate the government for not resolving things quicker. Do you use such principles when being a dom?

That is basically Stockholm Syndrome. yeah, I guess it works ! It's not something I do though. Control through fear. But no I dont use those princiles as a Dom. Everything I do the people want done and its not cause someone scared them into wanting it.

P7PSP

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2011, 12:11:42 PM »
I read that Sachor-Masoch was heavily into getting beat with machine belts and such, but have never read any of his own writings. Have you ever heard of The Eulenspiegel Society? I read an article about them a couple decades back in a High Society, Cheri or other nudie magazine. And yes, I did occasionally read articles in between looking at nude layouts. 
http://www.tes.org/