Educational

Author Topic: advanced fuckotry  (Read 1721 times)

eris

Re: advanced fuckotry
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2011, 01:51:05 PM »
see what I mean about chaos ?

those past two posts make absolutly no sense at all to me. But it makes sense to richard and Schleed

we are just throwing words at each other and sometimes some of them stick and form conversations :)

richard

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2011, 01:53:44 PM »
My pictures are jesus crying for argentina.  :(

P7PSP

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2011, 01:56:32 PM »
??? I thought Eva Peron cried for Argentina? That brings up a subjective truth eris. I fucking hate musicals.

richard

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2011, 01:58:19 PM »
I like how this man thinks. maybe more than one person can cry for argentina?

P7PSP

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2011, 02:04:50 PM »
I like how this man thinks. maybe more than one person can cry for argentina?
I'll stipulate to that.  :thumbup:

eris

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2011, 02:18:23 PM »
??? I thought Eva Peron cried for Argentina? That brings up a subjective truth eris. I fucking hate musicals.

I hate them too. But i LOVE Hedvig and the Angry Inch. That was a musical.

So I hate musicals. I like one musical. How does one set a truth value for the question " Do I like musicals ? "

There is something called the theory of forms.

Basically it builds on Plato"s Cave http://webspace.ship.edu/cgboer/platoscave.html , and suggests that everything we see is really only a projection of that image..... kind of like a negative of a photograph. We dont really see anything real, just projections.

For instance a rose has set " truth values". It has flower-ness. :) real things that can be measured like color and number of thorns. 

but it is only a shadow. Just a vibration of a flower. :laugh:

P7PSP

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2011, 02:40:18 PM »
A bit of what I just looked up regarding Plato suggested a "A place for everyone and everyone in their place" kind of underpinning. I recall reading in an old law book from Rothenburg(?) Germany that in the middle ages that thinking was taken to a ridiculous extreme of dunking successful tradesmen and/or their families for having the temerity to dress above their station. Plato would therefore be just as stuck in the cave of social expectations as most others of his time.

eris

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2011, 02:46:26 PM »
A bit of what I just looked up regarding Plato suggested a "A place for everyone and everyone in their place" kind of underpinning. I recall reading in an old law book from Rothenburg(?) Germany that in the middle ages that thinking was taken to a ridiculous extreme of dunking successful tradesmen and/or their families for having the temerity to dress above their station. Plato would therefore be just as stuck in the cave of social expectations as most others of his time.

Plato was thousands of years before that, but I gotcha  ;) Any kind of thinking can be taken to extremes.

And everyone is trappend in the cave. forever. we just have to realize that we are in the cave, and stop taking ourselves so seriously.

richard

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2011, 04:51:58 PM »
I kind of like being serious. its what i do best, maybe someone should pass me a booklet of matches so i can just use them up and then forget i need to see >:D

Scrapheap

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2011, 07:13:56 PM »
Should you be trusted with matches??

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2011, 07:31:13 PM »
These discussions are meaningless. All that they prove is how clumsily many people think.

eris, you're already engaging in Orwellian Doublethink on many levels. You're just showing how easy it is to brainwash people, as soon as they accept that 1+1= 457,863,752,323,545,890,324.

::)  :facepalm2:  :facepalm2:  :facepalm2:  ::)

But in binary arithmetic, 1 + 1 = 10.

In Boolean algebra, 1 + 1 = 1.

So it can be argued quite effectively that 1 + 1 does not necessarily equal 2.

That's not Orwelian Doublethink, it's just a different perspective, IMO.

richard

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2011, 07:36:13 PM »
Should you be trusted with matches??
just about as much as you should be trusted with phenominal cosmic power.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2011, 07:36:43 PM »
I think I failed the course.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Osensitive1

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2011, 07:38:46 PM »
Reality is subjective, not truth. No sense in confusing or combining the two. Chaos is a disgusting notion. Everything is caused by something. The butterfly effect only proves humans aren't smart enough to predict the weather.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2011, 07:45:15 PM »
These discussions are meaningless. All that they prove is how clumsily many people think.

eris, you're already engaging in Orwellian Doublethink on many levels. You're just showing how easy it is to brainwash people, as soon as they accept that 1+1= 457,863,752,323,545,890,324.

::)  :facepalm2:  :facepalm2:  :facepalm2:  ::)

But in binary arithmetic, 1 + 1 = 10.

In Boolean algebra, 1 + 1 = 1.

So it can be argued quite effectively that 1 + 1 does not necessarily equal 2.

That's not Orwelian Doublethink, it's just a different perspective, IMO.

In binary arithmetic, 10 is just  different representation of 2. 1 + 1 still equals 2.

Boolean addition (the OR function) is not the same as arithmetic addition. The "+" operator of Boolean logic is not the same as the "+" operator of arithmetic. Boolean addition is not really addition; it is only analogous to addition. Furthermore, this only works in some algebraic structures.

However, this helps prove my point. Within the structure of Boolean logic, 1 + 1 = 1 for all observers using the same basic definitions and set of rules.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.