Educational

Author Topic: advanced fuckotry  (Read 1719 times)

eris

advanced fuckotry
« on: January 05, 2011, 11:34:28 AM »
First off, I want to say I do not take myself seriously. You don't have to be a genius to answer this thread, just answer two simple questions.

What is real, and what is true ?

>:D

To me, All truth is subjective. And If truth is subjective it is not absolute.

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,591.msg693315.html#msg693315

there you go talking about order again... tsk tsk

What is true ? ok. now prove it.

If something is true now, but wasnt true before and may not be true in the future, then what does that say of truth ?
:)

here is a better example. the answer to "what is your mothers name" is diferent for everyone.

ok, you can logically pick that apart a number of different ways. you can say it is a subjective question , you can say it is a failure of the english language, you can say it is fuckotry.

EVERYONE WILL HAVE A DIFFERENT ANSWER. for everything

right ?

there are circles of order everywhere and it will always confuse people into believing bullshit.

chaos is not disorder. It is everything including silly questions about the value of truths :)

No. 1 + 1 will always equal 2.

I disagree with Discordianism because Discordians do not see the need to set truth values for statements. In generalizing a philosophy to other disciplines, it helps if there is a way to determine if a given statement is true or false (or "mostly true", "somewhat true", etc., depending on the philosophy/discipline in question).

Then explain the existance of wrong answers.

1 + 1 = 2 only if you correctly answer the question

If chaos is all just "advanced math" or something, then that makes it complete. finite.

The universe is not finite so there can not be a pattern for things that do not exist yet.

According to Godel, any mathematical system that is complex enough to include arithmetic is unbounded.

It is currently unknown if the universe is infinite, although current theory holds that the universe was created a finite amount of time in the past and is expanding at a finite rate; therefore, the universe is (theoretically) finite.

It's probably tearing itself apart, actually. Yeah, I believe the universe could very well end but I doubt if people are smart enough to answer those kinds of questions right now. But when you say mathematical system that is complex enough to include arithmetic is unbounded. you almost see my point  :eyelash:

unbounded
 :autism:

YES THINGS CAN BE TRUE SOMETIMES !

But they can also be false :)

one last thing

we could counteract logical arguments all night, and then we can start counteracting illogical arguments. and they would make just as much sense.

1+1 will equal 45 , 2345234, carrots, and nothing all at one and never, all at the same time depending upon current interpretation

my ultimate point about all of this is that things are _balanced_ , meaning equal, meaning meaningless,

While it is possible that the world is an illusion and nothing is what it seems, trusting rational disciplines to bring about positive changes in society is a strategy that has proven itself throughout history. The alternative is chaos, and chaos is a very unproductive state of being.

trust is the ultimate word there

yes you are right, if you TRUST that a rational discipline will bring about change proves itself bcause that is what most thinking people choose to believe

It is what we believe to be true  that will always be the only truths.

i agree that "existential nothingness" is dangerous if you are an asshole, but you are confusing chaos with disorder again. Chaos is everything so it is the good stuff too.

I think everyone should try to save the world in their own way, and I believe in positive thinking :) ( even though it is sometimes hard to practice)

k semicolon, what does 1 plus 1 equal again ?  :laugh:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: advanced fuckotry
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 11:37:25 AM »
Everyone will die. Thats pretty undeniable. ;D
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

eris

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 11:44:35 AM »
agreed. If you jump out of a window gravity will make you fall to the earth and die. Order exists. but things balance themseves out with disorder.

ever hear of the butterfly effect ?  ( not the dumb movie)

richard

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 11:51:48 AM »
Nothing, its all subjective. However, most people on the planet think there opinions are the only truth. Otherwise people wouldnt go to war

Semicolon is just a internet fag who thinks he knows the truth.  :zoinks:

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 11:52:23 AM »
agreed. If you jump out of a window gravity will make you fall to the earth and die. Order exists. but things balance themseves out with disorder.

ever hear of the butterfly effect ?  ( not the dumb movie)

The Butterfly Effect is a metaphor based on the work of Edward Lorenz. It basically states that small differences in the initial conditions of a system can lead to large variations in the outcome of that system.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 11:53:09 AM »
Nothing, its all subjective. However, most people on the planet think there opinions are the only truth. Otherwise people wouldnt go to war

Semicolon is just a internet fag who thinks he knows the truth.  :zoinks:

You're so sweet, Richard.  :laugh:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

P7PSP

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 11:54:38 AM »
I don't have the luxury of dealing with philosophical "what ifs" at work. If I am changing out components or pulling wires to add a circuit in a panel I need to be certain that power is off. Two of my local union brothers have fucked themselves up severely running a fish steel into a live cabinet in two separate incidents in the last 7 years by contacting live 480 busses. In addition to that a member of a sister local died from electric shock while I was working in that local for the same contractor in 1999. Therefore concepts like a cat being alive and dead at the same time are not even worthy of my consideration. To me a circuit is live, or the power is secured. I have been bit by 120 volts on about 3 occasions in 30 years and that fucking hurts. I have no desire to experience 277/480 or 4160 because I was too careless to secure the power before proceeding. There are rare occasions when we work on live circuits or turn on heavy voltage buckets and there are specific procedures to be followed in those cases.

I dare any of you who believe current is a subjective concept to grab a live circuit of 480 volts sometime and get back to me, if you can, with the results.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 11:59:37 AM »
^ Yep.
I will never stop...

eris

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 12:00:14 PM »

ever hear of the butterfly effect ?  ( not the dumb movie)

The Butterfly Effect is a metaphor based on the work of Edward Lorenz. It basically states that small differences in the initial conditions of a system can lead to large variations in the outcome of that system.

yes. Things balance out. existance balances out non-existance

but that means that you can sneeze, and make someone in Japan have an orgasm  ;)

order + disorder equals chaos.

I am not saying electricity and death and car radios are not real. There are lots and lots of real and true things in the world. Complete circles or order. I am saying that there are things that are NOT real and NOT true and they are just as important and meaningfull as everything else

what does that mean ?

nothing really matters, but try to be a good person and what you project into the universe will come back to you  8) :green:

richard

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 12:01:35 PM »
You're so sweet, Richard.  :laugh:
Nah, this is a sweety right here. :hamsterwheel:  :-* :heart: :pinkbeat:

P7PSP

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 12:05:45 PM »
BTW my post about why empiricism matters to me is not intended as a slam on anyone who enjoys postulating "what ifs". I suppose that empiricism might not matter to me if I were a religious person.

richard

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 12:09:25 PM »
I am not saying electricity and death and car radios are not real.
:plus:

eris

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, 12:15:14 PM »
post 700  :thumbup:

but by tomorrow it wont be 700...... but it is true now :)

BTW my post about why empiricism matters to me is not intended as a slam on anyone who enjoys postulating "what ifs". I suppose that empiricism might not matter to me if I were a religious person.

Everyone has their own truths. If a person find comfort in religion that will become their truths. Some people like to pray, some people like to fuck :)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 12:18:09 PM »
A lovely sentiment. :laugh:
I will never stop...

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 12:22:16 PM »
The last time I thought of all this, it nearly melted my brain.

I think it's best to remain ignorant, for sanity's sake. We will never truly know 100% about anything.