Author Topic: Intensity is moving along quite civily.  (Read 585 times)

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Intensity is moving along quite civily.
« on: April 09, 2006, 07:31:40 AM »
I mean civil discussion is fun and encouraging and probably what neuroman intended, but I kind of misss the petty juvenile battle at WP over intensity.  What are we doing wrong?
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Intensity is moving along quite civily.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 08:01:12 AM »
your not looking in the right places.

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php?topic=124.0

read, and read some more.  read into it.  what does it all mean?
Misunderstood.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 10:32:54 AM »
Not being seditious enough at WP. Did anyone notice that Peter McKenzie managed to get a link to us in the mature forum that Alex didn't notice for at least three days? And it would have gotten us a new member too, if he had gotten the damn url right and the WP member in question hadn't had to come back and ask about it.

Not to mention other websites. WP is small beans in the grand scheme of things. We should start recruiting pissed off spectrum trolls, flamers, and general malcontents from all the other discussion boards out there.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 02:50:20 PM »
but then we would be about numbers.

i also don't think that i have the patience for it.

i also don't know if we are prepared.  there are people out there who are brilliant debaters.  i am not a master debater.
i am more of a cunning linguist.
Misunderstood.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 01:42:36 AM »
Not being seditious enough at WP. Did anyone notice that Peter McKenzie managed to get a link to us in the mature forum that Alex didn't notice for at least three days? And it would have gotten us a new member too, if he had gotten the damn url right and the WP member in question hadn't had to come back and ask about it.

Not to mention other websites. WP is small beans in the grand scheme of things. We should start recruiting pissed off spectrum trolls, flamers, and general malcontents from all the other discussion boards out there.

I would have updated the url, but I've been busy and offline since Saturday.

<*Edit*-Just checked the thread and the link's still there.  Links just don't show up very well on WP, which is good and bad, if we're to hide them from Alex.  I've edited it so it points to the new site now.>
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 01:51:06 AM by PeterMacKenzie »
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Postperson

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 02:56:12 AM »
Need a lot more non-EU members. It's just too dead with only the euros here.

BIG EAMONN!

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 03:28:13 AM »

Yeah, it's getting boring sending out random insults to the good guys. We need more uncultured idiots in which to make fun of.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 03:46:51 AM »

Yeah, it's getting boring sending out random insults to the good guys. We need more uncultured idiots in which to make fun of.

We may have to accept that we impart a selection bias towards more liberal-minded people; as long as the entire membership is of a liberal slant, the discussion will follow and, more conservative people will tend to stay away, since they'd be constantly out-spoken and attacked.  The most we should hope for is the odd crazy coming in to tell us all how evil masturbation is or something; people who're too dellusional to notice that they're hopelessly out-classed in the debate and who don't mind being the only person of their kind here. 

With that in mind, perhaps we should focus a proportion of our adverts on searches such as "s*rmfr*nt", "jesus hates gays" and similar.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Postperson

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006, 03:58:28 AM »
I'm not a liberal, hadn't you noticed? Had a gutful of that nonsense at uni.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006, 03:59:38 AM »
Namoken,
screw you you mangirl. fuck off.

is that better ???
Misunderstood.

BIG EAMONN!

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2006, 04:02:10 AM »

We may have to accept that we impart a selection bias towards more liberal-minded people; as long as the entire membership is of a liberal slant, the discussion will follow and, more conservative people will tend to stay away, since they'd be constantly out-spoken and attacked.  The most we should hope for is the odd crazy coming in to tell us all how evil masturbation is or something; people who're too dellusional to notice that they're hopelessly out-classed in the debate and who don't mind being the only person of their kind here. 

With that in mind, perhaps we should focus a proportion of our adverts on searches such as "s*rmfr*nt", "jesus hates gays" and similar.

Yes, that's right, by the very fact anybody can say just about anything they want without getting warned shows that we are a liberal site. Right-wing bullies and bible-thumpers (excluding the lovely postperson) usually need an authoritarian administration win which to come down hard on the lefty reprobates because they get consistently owned in the actual issues at hand.

Good idea about the ads, now dip your hands into your deep pocket and we can make this thing happen. :P

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2006, 05:36:45 AM »
Quote from: eamonn
Good idea about the ads, now dip your hands into your deep pocket and we can make this thing happen. :P

https://adwords.google.com/select/

Advertising doesn't need deep pockets; even $5 a month (plus $5 setup) will get some coverage with google, particularly with searches that have low commercial interest and thus aren't bidded up beyond the base price of $0.01/click. That's 500 clicks on $5.  Just pick a search to advertise on and set your upper limit on what you want to spend each day.  If the admins set up an account, I'd provide some money to get us started.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2006, 09:59:01 PM »
It may be that a forum specifically for debate will keep the rest of the forum civil.  I doubt it, but it is a tempting bit of false hope.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

duncvis

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2006, 08:20:55 AM »
Quote from: eamonn

https://adwords.google.com/select/

Advertising doesn't need deep pockets; even $5 a month (plus $5 setup) will get some coverage with google, particularly with searches that have low commercial interest and thus aren't bidded up beyond the base price of $0.01/click. That's 500 clicks on $5.  Just pick a search to advertise on and set your upper limit on what you want to spend each day.  If the admins set up an account, I'd provide some money to get us started.

well volunteered that lad. we'll have to get an account sorted out.

Scrapheap

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2010, 10:49:29 PM »
Ooh how times have changed!!!  :laugh: