Educational

Author Topic: This is the best song ever!  (Read 535 times)

Frolic_Fun

Re: This is the best song ever!
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2010, 10:35:50 AM »
MUSIC IS SUBJECTIVE, BOTH OF YOU ARE RETARDS FOR TRYING TO PASS OPINION AS FACT

richard

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2010, 11:45:20 AM »
Shleed, hows emma. Lets talk about that fine piece of ass, Would your opinion of her be subjective or fact?  :zoinks:

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2010, 04:07:24 PM »
But it *is* pretty retarded to say what music is "better" and come off like it's fact, same goes for Dook's view that the people who don't listen to his music are "braindead NT sheep", or whatever vapid retarded wank he spouts out.

I am sorry Duke, I don't find doom metal all that interesting, although eris's example was fairly nice and ambient to the point where I'd not call it doom metal and simply call it "ambient". Do I put off my opinion that doom metal is shit as fact? No. From Dook's examples, it simply does not appeal to me since my tastes are mostly electronic to begin with. I prefer warm sounding minimoogs, squelchy roland TB303s and aggressive sounding korg MS20s making all sorts of weird sounds over any traditional instrument.

As for whether good music is mainstream or not - think to yourself for a second. What differences are between the media telling you what is good and some asspie retard telling you what's good? There is none, both are doing the exact same thing. If that is the case, you're a "braindead NT sheep" regardless what you choose. More accurately, we're all braindead sheep regardless to what we listen to. Including you, Duke. I am happy to paste my discussions about it if needed.

DukeNukem

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2010, 05:11:44 PM »
Hey, Shleed, why don't you post some of the fine tunes that you listen to? I usually prefer actual instruments as opposed to electronic instruments, but do show me.

I can get a bit touchy about music, but really, as long as it's not pop, I'm pretty much open-minded.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2010, 06:10:04 PM »
Some faves:

DukeNukem

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2010, 07:35:40 PM »
That's some interesting stuff. Didn't know there was electronic music in the 50's and 60's. I liked the more ambient stuff, like Phaedra by Tangerine Dream. Some of that music sounds like a chiptune out of a Super Nintendo game.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2010, 08:41:50 PM »
1962, Telstar by the Tornados.  Quality is a bit wonky, but hey, it's 48 years old.

A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: