Author Topic: meeting people from the internet  (Read 1157 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: meeting people from the internet
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2010, 10:05:14 PM »
Well my friend just got to my house so I cant talk much tonight, but HI EVERYONE and bye. I hope you all have a good night :)

You too. Sleep well.  :)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline kaileen

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2010, 07:58:32 AM »
I've met some people from the internet. it was always very awkward, since I was sitting in the corner and they were having fun :D
I've even met my best friend on the internet :D later we went to the same school..
"Me divierto en arrancar del pecho mi mismo corazón...

un cadáver más qué importa al mundo?"

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2010, 08:44:44 AM »
I actually went and met someone the other week.

First met on AFF oohh, three, four years ago. Always got along, then the dramacaust happened and our interactions switched to MSN and Skype.

Y'know when you just *click* with someone? Yeah.

Anyway, flew over to the states a couple of weeks back to see STS-133 go up (damned delays) and whilst I was over there, popped in to meet them. (I say popped in - they're in Ohio).

Within, ooohhh, a couple of hours, we were finishing each others sentences. It was fucking awesome, I loved every minute (except the food poisoning, fuck Arbey or w/e the fuck it's called) and next year they're gonna come to the UK and I'll host.

Brought them a big jar of Marmite, 2.5kg (5.6lbs) of English sweets - Aniseed Balls, Army & Navies, Butterscotch, West Indian Limes, Rosy Apples, Pear Drops, Sour Apples, Cinder Toffee (Honeycomb), Rock - the list goes on) and some Cadbury's drinking chocolate.

Seriously, fuck that ocean - I meet someone who I connect with on every goddamned level and there's a dirty great puddle in the way  :finger:

....I think Sky knows who I'm talking about, and I know that CBC knows. The rest of you, ehhh, I'll leave it to her discretion as to whether she wants people to know.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2010, 08:46:13 AM »

First met on AFF oohh, three, four years ago. Always got along, then the dramacaust happened and our interactions switched to MSN and Skype.

Anyway, flew over to the states a couple of weeks back to see STS-133 go up (damned delays) and whilst I was over there, popped in to meet them. (I say popped in - they're in Ohio).

Within, ooohhh, a couple of hours, we were finishing each others sentences. It was fucking awesome, I loved every minute (except the food poisoning, fuck Arbey or w/e the fuck it's called) and next year they're gonna come to the UK and I'll host.

Brought them a big jar of Marmite, 2.5kg (5.6lbs) of English sweets - Aniseed Balls, Army & Navies, Butterscotch, West Indian Limes, Rosy Apples, Pear Drops, Sour Apples, Cinder Toffee (Honeycomb), Rock - the list goes on) and some Cadbury's drinking chocolate.

Seriously, fuck that ocean - I meet someone who I connect with on every goddamned level and there's a dirty great puddle in the way  :finger:

....I think Sky knows who I'm talking about, and I know that CBC knows. The rest of you, ehhh, I'll leave it to her discretion as to whether she wants people to know.

I love that kind of click, it's a joy to find someone on one's own weird wavelength!  :green:

People forget.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2010, 11:37:14 AM »

I'm so glad you and Duke have managed to put aside your differences :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2010, 01:47:33 PM »
When you go to meet them it's just important to be prepared make a check list so you don't forget anything

Like this
Stun gun
Rubber gloves
Night stick
Digital camera
Heavy duty black garbage bags
A bag of lime
Shovel

See it's easy :2thumbsup:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2010, 02:07:50 PM »
I was gonna meet bint again on friday but she aint coming now!  >:(

DukeNukem

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2010, 02:08:30 PM »

I'm so glad you and Duke have managed to put aside your differences :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

What did that post have to do with me?

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2010, 02:49:23 PM »

What did that post have to do with me?

Think.  You and Pikajedi, differences?  AFF and here?  Great Britain and USA?  the smilies?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2010, 03:35:54 PM »

Nice!!!

I'll plus you later, but not now. Your Karma is as perfect as can be.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2010, 08:08:10 PM »
When you go to meet them it's just important to be prepared make a check list so you don't forget anything

Like this
Stun gun
Rubber gloves
Night stick
Digital camera
Heavy duty black garbage bags
A bag of lime
Shovel

See it's easy :2thumbsup:

:evilplus:  The scary thing is, a hoarder of your caliber probably has a HUGE stash of all the items on the list!  :rofl:

People forget.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2010, 01:01:23 AM »
The first person I ever met from online was a boyfriend back in 2007; it didn't go too well.

Then a friend from a dating site a few months ago (don't seem to be in contact with them anymore :-\)

And I met my Sock friend October long weekend while I was in his hometown.

Edit: Oh And I totally forgot that I met some WP people a few weeks ago too.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 01:06:19 AM by YOURMUM »

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2010, 02:45:50 AM »
I met GalileoAce on the internet through a Yahoo group and WP. I travelled from Perth to Melbourne to meet him and we had a great time.

Some months later he came to Perth to live and we got married. Now we have split up but are still friends.

I still think that going to Melbourne to meet him was one of the best things I have ever done. :)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2010, 04:48:30 AM »

Dear god, no.

Also, I specified, "she".

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2010, 07:38:45 AM »

Dear god, no.

Also, I specified, "she".

I suppose Judy's moobs must have confused butterflies.
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.