Author Topic: Should women leave the toilet seat up for men?  (Read 844 times)

Frolic_Fun

Re: Should women leave the toilet seat up for men?
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2010, 02:31:10 AM »
The toilet seat is one of the cleanest things in your house, so it does not matter whether the lid is up or not. The lid is always open (even my mother insists on leaving it open) and we haven't died yet. :zoinks:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2010, 03:28:32 AM »
I think the mist and germs theory was busted by  mistbusters mythbusters. They tested the toothbrush near or away from the toilet area myth.
So what it comes down to is personal preference and societal/cultural expectations. The way I see it, If I am in a male household I leave the seat up and in a female I leave the seat down. I sure as hell won't be taken to task for not doing so if I personally choose not to.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 05:59:36 AM »
I've always put the toilet lid down because I have an aversion to all the rushing water when I flush.

That's wise. That rushing water sprays a germy mist as it swirls around!  :sick:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2010, 07:33:01 AM »
Real men piss off the back porch.  8)

Fixed.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2010, 07:58:22 AM »
If a girl expects me to put it down when i'm done, she better put it up when she's done. Cause the first time she bitches, i'll rip the seat off the toilet and put it in her pillowcase.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2010, 01:51:01 PM »
I like the lid down also I am always worried something will fall in like my keys
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Osensitive1

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2010, 05:41:41 PM »
I think the mist and germs theory was busted by  mistbusters mythbusters. They tested the toothbrush near or away from the toilet area myth.
So what it comes down to is personal preference and societal/cultural expectations. The way I see it, If I am in a male household I leave the seat up and in a female I leave the seat down. I sure as hell won't be taken to task for not doing so if I personally choose not to.
Looked it up and read the mythbusters episode proved it's true, but the bacteria levels weren't high enough to be a concern to the average immune stytem. Very gentleman like of you with the seat though. Any woman who has sat their ass in water half asleep in the middle of the night would appreciate it.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2010, 05:55:09 PM »
I think the mist and germs theory was busted by  mistbusters mythbusters. They tested the toothbrush near or away from the toilet area myth.
Looked it up and read the mythbusters episode proved it's true, but the bacteria levels weren't high enough to be a concern to the average immune stytem. Very gentleman like of you with the seat though. Any woman who has sat their ass in water half asleep in the middle of the night would appreciate it.

But you'd sit on the rim, if the seat was up. I doubt there are any people (women or otherwise) who would stick their arses that far into the pan.

Osensitive1

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2010, 05:59:10 PM »
But you'd sit on the rim, if the seat was up. I doubt there are any people (women or otherwise) who would stick their arses that far into the pan.
The bowl is big with the seat up. Plenty of room for an unsuspecting ass to fall right in. Why do you think it bothers women?

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2010, 06:06:12 PM »
The bowl is big with the seat up. Plenty of room for an unsuspecting ass to fall right in. Why do you think it bothers women?

Psychological thing and comfort. The rim of the bowl is actually no bigger with the seat up than with the seat down. It's just narrower without the seat.

BTW, what if you don't have alid that closes over the seat?

If your dunny is in the bathroom, which is commonplace in the US hence the term 'I'm going to the bathroom', you can always wash off any water that spashes up from the bowl. But seeing as Adam & Jamie busted the germs myth, the point becomes moot.

Osensitive1

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2010, 06:23:15 PM »
Psychological thing and comfort. The rim of the bowl is actually no bigger with the seat up than with the seat down. It's just narrower without the seat.
The hole is bigger. Even a slightly heavy person can slip in enough to touch water.

BTW, what if you don't have alid that closes over the seat?

If your dunny is in the bathroom, which is commonplace in the US hence the term 'I'm going to the bathroom', you can always wash off any water that spashes up from the bowl. But seeing as Adam & Jamie busted the germs myth, the point becomes moot.
They didn't bust it, they proved it's true, only not as bad as some might think.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2010, 06:28:55 PM »

Especially at night, in the dark, no seat is very discomforting. The moment you think you can sit and relax, so, the moment you trust you can sit down, you fall another inch. And then you land on icy cold porcelain, with a uncomfortable thin rim. Unnerving and cold.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2010, 06:43:06 PM »
Simply solve the problem like one cheapskate did.  He taught himself to hold it until he went to work.  I understand the 3 day weekends were murder.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2010, 09:27:21 PM »
EVERYONE NEEDS TO PUT THE WHOLE THING DOWN, SEAT AND LID, FOR FUCK'S SAKE! GODDAMMIT THIS IS ONE OF MY PET PEEVES!!!
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Osensitive1

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2010, 09:34:08 PM »
Having the fringe on the rug combed out straight is one of my pet peeves.