Author Topic: Borderlands? More like Bullshitlands!  (Read 449 times)

DukeNukem

Borderlands? More like Bullshitlands!
« on: October 25, 2010, 12:38:26 PM »
I'm through with this bullshit of a game. Borderlands sucks ass and is a shameless rip-off of Fallout 3. Nice going gaming industry, for yet another overrated, overhyped piece of cowabunga-shit. ::)

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to mention: The driving in this sorry excuse of a FPS/RPG is the worst driving I have ever seen in a game, period. It is hard as shit to steer your vehicle properly, because you have to rotate the camera to steer. BALLS!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 12:41:00 PM by Pentagram »

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Borderlands? More like Bullshitlands!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 09:15:38 AM »
Yeah, its gay.  :thumbup:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 03:11:36 PM »
Never played it. I'm just hoping that Red Dead Redemption will be released for the PC. It's really annoying me that I can't get it :'( :'( :'(

DukeNukem

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 03:54:42 PM »
Never played it. I'm just hoping that Red Dead Redemption will be released for the PC. It's really annoying me that I can't get it :'( :'( :'(

Borderlands isn't worth playing. Red Dead Redemption is a good game, but pretty easy to go through the main story. And here's a spoiler: You CANNOT drive the automobile.

Don't count on Red Dead Redemption being released for the PC, I mean, I don't think any of the Midnight Club or Bully games were ever released on the PC. :( Rockstar Games are probably afraid that the pirates will reduce any potential sales to almost none.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 04:38:56 PM »

Borderlands isn't worth playing. Red Dead Redemption is a good game, but pretty easy to go through the main story. And here's a spoiler: You CANNOT drive the automobile.

Don't count on Red Dead Redemption being released for the PC, I mean, I don't think any of the Midnight Club or Bully games were ever released on the PC. :( Rockstar Games are probably afraid that the pirates will reduce any potential sales to almost none.

I know Bully was released on PC. I downloaded it, but it wouldn't run. I don't know about Midnight Club, I've never heard of it.

I've read rumours of Red Dead being made for PC, and other people saying it won't be. The company that made it says that "there are currently no plans to release it for PC," so I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed.

DukeNukem

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 05:30:38 PM »

I know Bully was released on PC. I downloaded it, but it wouldn't run. I don't know about Midnight Club, I've never heard of it.

I've read rumours of Red Dead being made for PC, and other people saying it won't be. The company that made it says that "there are currently no plans to release it for PC," so I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed.

You have seriously never heard of Midnight Club? It's a street racing game series released by Rockstar Games, which features extensive car customization and arcade-style racing. There's Midnight Club: Street Racing (PS2), Midnight Club II (Xbox, PS2, PC), Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition (Xbox, PS2, PSP), and Midnight Club Los Angeles (Xbox 360, PS3)

I have only played MC3 and MC:LA. Those games are fun, but frustrating as Hell. The game automatically adjusts your difficulty level based on how well you did in the previous race and the AI is like a rubber band. Meaning that no matter how fast you go, they will always manage to keep up, by cheating.

Of course, disregard this if you don't have any of the home consoles, or if you're not interested in racing games in general. Myself, I just like to drive by myself. I play Forza III and Race Pro for the Xbox 360, where the physics are realistic and the car selection is great. Also, GTA IV has somewhat realistic driving physics.

Also, for Bully on the PC, I think there was a patch that fixed some issues that prevented it from running on systems with more than 2GB of RAM. I just looked it up on the Wikipedia.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 06:38:14 PM »

You have seriously never heard of Midnight Club? It's a street racing game series released by Rockstar Games, which features extensive car customization and arcade-style racing. There's Midnight Club: Street Racing (PS2), Midnight Club II (Xbox, PS2, PC), Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition (Xbox, PS2, PSP), and Midnight Club Los Angeles (Xbox 360, PS3)

I have only played MC3 and MC:LA. Those games are fun, but frustrating as Hell. The game automatically adjusts your difficulty level based on how well you did in the previous race and the AI is like a rubber band. Meaning that no matter how fast you go, they will always manage to keep up, by cheating.

Of course, disregard this if you don't have any of the home consoles, or if you're not interested in racing games in general. Myself, I just like to drive by myself. I play Forza III and Race Pro for the Xbox 360, where the physics are realistic and the car selection is great. Also, GTA IV has somewhat realistic driving physics.

Also, for Bully on the PC, I think there was a patch that fixed some issues that prevented it from running on systems with more than 2GB of RAM. I just looked it up on the Wikipedia.

No. I'd never heard of Midnight Club, but I've never owned a games console, except an out of date Gameboy, and Game Gear when I was a really young kid. I'll try downloading Bully again and use the patch, it always pissed me off that I couldn't make that game work :'(   :plus:

As for GTAIV, I can't get that game to run on my computer. You have no idea how much that annoyed me. I almost bought a new computer just so that I could play that game. I've still got the disk images, so when I do get around to getting a new computer I hopefully will be able to play it.

DukeNukem

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 07:02:21 PM »

No. I'd never heard of Midnight Club, but I've never owned a games console, except an out of date Gameboy, and Game Gear when I was a really young kid. I'll try downloading Bully again and use the patch, it always pissed me off that I couldn't make that game work :'(   :plus:

As for GTAIV, I can't get that game to run on my computer. You have no idea how much that annoyed me. I almost bought a new computer just so that I could play that game. I've still got the disk images, so when I do get around to getting a new computer I hopefully will be able to play it.

It would be a lot cheaper to get an Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 to play Grand Theft Auto IV on than getting yet another computer, considering that you already have a good quad-core, right?

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 07:22:11 PM »

It would be a lot cheaper to get an Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 to play Grand Theft Auto IV on than getting yet another computer, considering that you already have a good quad-core, right?

If it was just for 1 game, then I suppose it would be cheaper, but I don't really want to buy a games console. I like to have an up to date PC, and I like to be able to pirate games. I know you're supposed to be able to pirate games for consoles, but I've never tried it. I'd be sooo annoyed if I bought a console, and wasn't able to pirate games. Anyway, I'm kinda needing a new PC soon anyway. I do have a decent computer, but it's graphics capabilities aren't too great.

TBH I can wait a few more months untill I need a new computer. It just means that I'll have more games to play when I finally get around to buying one.

DukeNukem

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 08:22:49 PM »

If it was just for 1 game, then I suppose it would be cheaper, but I don't really want to buy a games console. I like to have an up to date PC, and I like to be able to pirate games. I know you're supposed to be able to pirate games for consoles, but I've never tried it. I'd be sooo annoyed if I bought a console, and wasn't able to pirate games. Anyway, I'm kinda needing a new PC soon anyway. I do have a decent computer, but it's graphics capabilities aren't too great.

TBH I can wait a few more months untill I need a new computer. It just means that I'll have more games to play when I finally get around to buying one.

You may be able to pirate console games. Just make sure you get the PAL images (NTSC images won't work on an Xbox 360 in your region), it should work, if you burn it onto a double layer DVD-R (for Xbox 360) or recordable Blu-Ray disc (for Playstation 3).

I have never attempted to pirate console games myself, so I am not sure if there's anything extra you have to do to make it work. I have just bought them (like the sucker I am).

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 08:31:59 PM »

You may be able to pirate console games. Just make sure you get the PAL images (NTSC images won't work on an Xbox 360 in your region), it should work, if you burn it onto a double layer DVD-R (for Xbox 360) or recordable Blu-Ray disc (for Playstation 3).

I have never attempted to pirate console games myself, so I am not sure if there's anything extra you have to do to make it work. I have just bought them (like the sucker I am).

That's pretty much the same as me. I know you can pirate console games, but I've never tried it. I always thought you needed to get your console chipped?? before you can play pirated games. If anyone knows differently I'd be REALLY interested to hear about it.

Scrapheap

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 08:57:24 PM »

DukeNukem

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 08:58:01 PM »

That's pretty much the same as me. I know you can pirate console games, but I've never tried it. I always thought you needed to get your console chipped?? before you can play pirated games. If anyone knows differently I'd be REALLY interested to hear about it.

I looked around and I found that you would have to "flash" the Xbox 360's disc drive before being able to play pirated games. Basically, that means opening up the console, taking out the DVD drive, hooking it up to your computer, loading some firmware update on it, yadda yadda yadda. Doesn't sound like anything I want to mess around with, TBH.

You would probably have better luck Goggling around trying to get your GTA IV to work on your PC. Microsoft can suck my tiny schlong. :wanker:

Scrapheap

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 09:01:13 PM »

DukeNukem

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2011, 09:05:36 PM »
This is a no-fly zone. Prepared to be destroyed!