Author Topic: Got asked for ID.....  (Read 365 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Got asked for ID.....
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2010, 12:19:50 AM »
It's not always cool to look young. I wish I looked older  :-[

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2010, 12:31:22 AM »
Here, because of the ferals in the Anti-Cancer movement, they decided it was a big issue about kids under 18 smoking. So, they decided that anyone who wanted smokes should show ID. Fair enough if you were close to that age, but 37? It always will seem a retarded approach to circumvent something that will never be stopped, because 1) kids will always find friends to get them, and 2) fake IDs.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2010, 12:51:26 AM »
I had a neighbor who looked to be in her 20's and she was in her late thirties. Lot of people thought her teen daughter was her sister or that she was a teen mom who had her in her teens. I can remember her telling that story to my mother and I thought that was so awesome.

Offline Loupgarou

• Tormented Werewolf of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Friendly Recluse
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2010, 02:21:34 AM »
If I look that young, it has generally worked against me. Maybe mental health professionals, police, teachers and so on would have taken me more seriously if I looked older. That is why occasionally I will wear makeup if I want to be taken seriously.

No joke, but up until the age of about 21, I had short hair. I was often mistaken for a guy. I was a late developer due to all the years of ballet that I did, so I had the body of a 15 year old boy until I was about 20.

So, I should take being asked for ID as a compliment, but it takes me back to all the years that I was never listened to. Like Steve-o said, young looks with mild Autistic mannerisms makes Loup a dull boy ;). It also made it very hard to tell people how sick I was until medicine could prove it. For about 3 years I thought I was dying, but because I looked so young and healthy, people thought I was being a hypochondriac

Probably why I was so agro for so many years, and still am sometimes.

Loup
"Long-winded speech is exhausting. Better to stay centered". - Lao Tzu

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2010, 03:07:46 AM »
Here, because of the ferals in the Anti-Cancer movement, they decided it was a big issue about kids under 18 smoking. So, they decided that anyone who wanted smokes should show ID. Fair enough if you were close to that age, but 37? It always will seem a retarded approach to circumvent something that will never be stopped, because 1) kids will always find friends to get them, and 2) fake IDs.

There are signs at coles, woolies etc that specify they check ID if you look under 25. Although i'm that age now, I've usually had a bit of facial hair, so whenever I get carded I glare at the cashier like they're an idiot.
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2010, 01:40:01 PM »
I got carded at the liquor store last year.

Guy behind the counter was surely in his 60's though. I think his eyesight isn't real good. :laugh: