Author Topic: My Musical Tastes  (Read 1396 times)

The_Chosen_One

Re: My Musical Tastes
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2010, 05:51:43 PM »
Led Zeppelin also included a lot of Celtic mythology into their stuff (Rain Song, Bron y Aur Stomp, Stairway to Heaven) whereas Sabbath stuck to the same formula.

I'm surprised Judy left out Metallica and Motorhead, or are they too highbrow for him?

DukeNukem

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2010, 05:53:04 PM »
Led Zeppelin also included a lot of Celtic mythology into their stuff (Rain Song, Bron y Aur Stomp, Stairway to Heaven) whereas Sabbath stuck to the same formula.

I'm surprised Judy left out Metallica and Motorhead, or are they too highbrow for him?

Metallica and Motorhead? Been there and done that. :yawn:

DukeNukem

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 05:58:38 PM »
Felcher: DO NOT mention Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath in the same sentence. While both are heavy rock, Zeppelin are blues orientated while Sabbath were straight out rock. Zeppelin developed into stadium rock over time, but still kept the blues formula..... why am I bothering here? It's only Judy afterall....

Why should I NOT mention Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath in the same sentence. Even though they are quite different bands, they both have hugely influenced heavy metal. And Black Sabbath's first albums were actually quite bluesy themselves.

Are you talking from 1970-72 or the Dio stuff? And no, they are not really 'bluesy' as such. Track like Dazed & Confused by Zeppelin owe more to blues than, say, War Pigs or Paranoid.

Oh, and I have 1000+ LP's, shitloads of 45s and CDs, how much variety do you want?

I'm talking, of course about the 1970-72 stuff. And War Pigs and Paranoid? Sounds like you don't have any Black Sabbath albums in your "huge" collection, because any non-Black Sabbath-fan knows those songs. ::)

What about "Behind The Walls Of Sleep"? How about "N.I.B"? Know THEM songs? Aren't they bluesy?

Both Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin owe a LOT to blues, jackass. Hell, Black Sabbath used to be a blues-rock band years before they released a single album. Maybe it's about time you got educated about this shit instead of having your head up your ass watching Jackass and smoking pot all damn night long like a little kid.

DukeNukem

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2010, 06:00:06 PM »
Just looked up "War Pigs" and "Paranoid" by Ozzy

I love Ozzy Osbourne as I person but Idk his music just isnt my thing.

Um, "War Pigs" and "Paranoid" are the works of Black Sabbath, the band. NOT just Ozzy. Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler wrote most of the Black Sabbath songs. Ozzy wrote very few himself while in Black Sabbath. Geez, get a clue, shitheads!

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2010, 06:03:03 PM »

That sounds cool about Led Zeppelin I'll check those songs out later
as for Metallica meh those guys honestly bore me. haven't heard any Motorhead so I'll check them out

one band I genuinely do hate though has to be Slipknot - sorry but vomiting on your audience is just disgusting.

enough about people I hate though :P

I'll post my favourite songs

I think my music taste is pretty varied  :green:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2010, 06:04:25 PM »
Just looked up "War Pigs" and "Paranoid" by Ozzy

I love Ozzy Osbourne as I person but Idk his music just isnt my thing.

Um, "War Pigs" and "Paranoid" are the works of Black Sabbath, the band. NOT just Ozzy. Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler wrote most of the Black Sabbath songs. Ozzy wrote very few himself while in Black Sabbath. Geez, get a clue, shitheads!

Why should I? its not like I have a desire to listen to it again.

I made a slight mistake and you called me a shithead? honestly felcher take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror and try not to throw up.
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2010, 06:05:34 PM »
Highly subjective stuff, Feral.

DukeNukem

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2010, 06:06:11 PM »
I agree that Metallica being boring. And Slipknot absolutely sucks balls. But all 5 of my songs were from different bands. Your music is all teen-pop shit, Squid_thing.

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2010, 06:09:34 PM »
I agree that Metallica being boring. And Slipknot absolutely sucks balls. But all 5 of my songs were from different bands. Your music is all teen-pop shit, Squid_thing.

You think I give a shit what you think about the music I like?

I like it its good enoguh for me , btw I love how you say MM is "teen pop shit"
LOL the guy is far darker than any of your "doom metal" bands.

Btw "Doom Metal" is a crappy term it screams "Rich kid wanna be rock star"

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2010, 06:10:55 PM »
You want variety:

ABBA, Beatles, Chicago, Doors, Eagles, Foreigner, Garbage, Heart, Iron Butterfly, Janis Joplin, Kraftwerk, Led Zeppelin, Meatloaf, Nazareth, Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Pink Floyd, Queen, Runaways, Sex Pistols, Ted Mulry Gang, Uriah Heep, Velvet Underground, Stevie Wonder, XTC, Yellow Dog, Frank Zappa.

Try and get more diverse than that.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 06:15:23 PM by Steve-O »

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2010, 06:11:56 PM »
You want variety:

ABBA, Beatles, Chicago, Doors, Eagles, Foreigner, Garbage, Heart, Iron Butterfly, Janis Joplin, Kraftwerk, Led Zeppelin, Meatloaf, Nazareth, Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Pink Floyd, Queen, Runaways, Sex Pistols, Ted Mulry Gang, Uriah Heep, Velvet Underground, XTC, Yellow Dog, Frank Zappa.

Try and get more diverse than that.

:thumbup:

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2010, 06:13:11 PM »

I can just as easily say your music taste is shit. Which I personally think it is. :orly:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2010, 06:17:00 PM »
Gregorian Chants anyone?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

DukeNukem

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2010, 06:18:26 PM »

You think I give a shit what you think about the music I like?

I like it its good enoguh for me , btw I love how you say MM is "teen pop shit"
LOL the guy is far darker than any of your "doom metal" bands.

Btw "Doom Metal" is a crappy term it screams "Rich kid wanna be rock star"

What you say about my doom metal bands? That Marilyn fucking cocksucking Manson is darker than Saint Vitus? Pfffthahahahahahahaha! :LOL:

And as far as "Doom Metal" meaning "rich kid wannabe rock star", I didn't know Jonas Brothers were Doom Metal... ::)

Such shameful ignorance coming from yourself. No one has even bothered to listen to the music I posted. They just wrote it off as boring after listening to it for all of 5 seconds. ::)

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2010, 06:19:27 PM »
Squid thing: imagine that ballad off the Funhouse album (tr 3) with drums added. I did an experimental version and it sounded a lot better.

War Pigs and Paranoid were from the first album, tracks 1 & 2. I have the first 4 plus the best of. Post '72 sucks. That answer your question, Felcher?