Educational

Author Topic: Frat boys will be frat boys  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Frat boys will be frat boys
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2010, 10:14:02 AM »
not that it matters much, i already found someone worth fucking  :angel:

thank you!  :zoinks:

Offline kaileen

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2010, 11:53:25 AM »
not that it matters much, i already found someone worth fucking  :angel:

thank you!  :zoinks:

:LOL:

you were supposed to keep it secret ::)
the deal is off..
;D
"Me divierto en arrancar del pecho mi mismo corazón...

un cadáver más qué importa al mundo?"

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2010, 06:01:55 PM »
I was kidding :laugh:

Besides in the U.K I think "College" is like our University and I definately don't have the qualifications for that :P
You guys don't have "saftey schools" in the UK, then?

Nope.

What are they?

This is what they are:
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1812947

Aside from not having a map of the college campus which points out where the "rape path," the "rape trail," and "that patch of road next to the woods where several student have gotten raped" in it, it pretty much describes the college I went to, to a T.  (And yes, pretty much any student who went to my school could prolly point out all three locations for you- only issue would be potential disagreement between which was the "rape path" versus "rape trail.")

There's a reaosn I'm bitter about much to do with my college.  There's also a reason I'm bitter about my shitty pre-college experiences.  I think I'm probably smart enough that if my mother hadn't spent my entire childhood literally driving my crazy and had instead settled down someplace nice where I was able to consistently attend a decent school system with textbooks that didn't say that plate techtonic theory was just the devil testing our faith through the evils of science (and stayed in ANY school more than a year or two in a goddamn row), I might've actually been able to flourish and go to a decent school, maybe on some kind of scholarship.  As it was I only applied to one school because I was so overwhelmed by the process and hopped right into it at seventeen, fresh out of drop-out school.

On the plus side, I make absolute shit for pay right now and probably would at this point in my career (in my particular field, anyway) even if I'd gone to a decent college, and the school I went to was dirt cheap relative to other schools offering comparable degree programs- at least on paper.  As far as how much I learned I think I got what I paid for (and frankly I think I still got ripped off), but most of the important things I've learned weren't in classrooms anyway, and I'm damn glad I'm not even more in debt than I amright now.

I think fraternities and sororities are absolutely moronic. I thought people went to college to get smarter, not dumber. :wanker:
No, people go to college to delay reality and to get laid.

Where do I sign up?  :zoinks:
Your local community college's registrar is a common place to start.

Although if you want the full experience, you will want to go to school far enough from home so that you'll have to live on campus!  :2thumbsup:

Actually if you want the full experience of delaying reality, you want to pick a school that's close by so mommy can still pack your lunch and do your laundry.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2010, 12:32:25 AM »

Actually if you want the full experience of delaying reality, you want to pick a school that's close by so mommy can still pack your lunch and do your laundry.

:agreed:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2010, 12:45:19 AM »

:agreed:

Actually, for me, living in the dorm was even more enabling of my immaturity than living at home would have been. I had WAY more freedom on campus
than I ever had at home, doing laundry was easy, and there was plenty of good food in the cafeteria and snack bar. I skipped a lot of classes, took naps,
quit going to Mass, and spent many hours socializing for the first time in my life, all while doing just what I had to do to pass my classes
(well, most of them.  :duh:  ) It was a great, mostly  fun four years of delaying reality. I'd do it again if I could find someone willing to pay for it!  :laugh:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"