Author Topic: Everyone with a WP account vote in one of your own as a mod  (Read 13528 times)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Everyone with a WP account vote in one of your own as a mod
« Reply #150 on: September 16, 2010, 08:34:16 AM »
I'm not sure if I'm right here, but my guess is that the reason a lot of people who were banned from WP went back and trolled the site was for a little bit of revenge. They thought they were treated unfairly to begin with (and some may not have given a shit anyway) so decided to make the mods actually do their job and clean up the site. Trouble is, with the changeover a couple of years ago, the now incumbents go too much power given to them and came down hard on anyone who broke the slightest rule. Shit, there were some members who got into good arguments that got banned, for merely going against the 'protected species'. I thought a forum was there for everyone to be able to have their say, and to get answered back in return. There didn't have to be flame-wars, but arguing points of view is human nature. Stopping the natural process and stacking the decks hinders what the idea of the thing is about. But then again, we are talking about WP here.

I went back and trolled it for a while because I was so disgusted. I was never banned in the first place, till I started ripping alex a new one that is.

I was INVITED here.  :eyelash:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #151 on: September 16, 2010, 08:36:06 AM »
I'm not sure if I'm right here, but my guess is that the reason a lot of people who were banned from WP went back and trolled the site was for a little bit of revenge. They thought they were treated unfairly to begin with (and some may not have given a shit anyway) so decided to make the mods actually do their job and clean up the site. Trouble is, with the changeover a couple of years ago, the now incumbents go too much power given to them and came down hard on anyone who broke the slightest rule. Shit, there were some members who got into good arguments that got banned, for merely going against the 'protected species'. I thought a forum was there for everyone to be able to have their say, and to get answered back in return. There didn't have to be flame-wars, but arguing points of view is human nature. Stopping the natural process and stacking the decks hinders what the idea of the thing is about. But then again, we are talking about WP here.

I went back and trolled it for a while because I was so disgusted. I was never banned in the first place, till I started ripping alex a new one that is.

:rofl:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #152 on: September 16, 2010, 08:44:05 AM »

:rofl:

Funny thing was, when I went back after being banned about twice, I was actually trying to be serious with my posts, until the mods conspired to get rid of me again. By the time I went back for the last time, I just wanted to piss 'em off. Sure, I complained alot then, but now it's more fun here.

Still, I'd like to see someone else get a leg-hold in there to get something done for those that actually give a shit. And if ross wants the job, all power to him.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #153 on: September 16, 2010, 08:47:19 AM »
I don't really care to be honest. Even the people that DO give a shit in there are morons dude. Let them gag on their own poisons.
I will never stop...

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #154 on: September 16, 2010, 08:49:41 AM »
I don't really care to be honest. Even the people that DO give a shit in there are morons dude. Let them gag on their own poisons.

Fair enough. It's their party.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #155 on: September 16, 2010, 08:52:34 AM »
More like its their septic tank. I'm not closing THAT pool.  :zoinks:
I will never stop...

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #156 on: September 16, 2010, 08:54:45 AM »
More like its their septic tank. I'm not closing THAT pool.  :zoinks:

:indeed:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #157 on: September 16, 2010, 08:55:10 AM »
Well considering the amount of different site admins here, I see an alliance in the making.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #158 on: September 16, 2010, 08:58:34 AM »
Well considering the amount of different site admins here, I see an alliance in the making.

Or a massive flame war / scrabble for power.

either it'll go well or horribly wrong.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #159 on: September 16, 2010, 08:58:52 AM »

Its not going to be like ANOMALOUS OMG INTERNET FITE CLUB stuff is it? Cause i'm just going to screw it up if thats the case.
I will never stop...

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #160 on: September 16, 2010, 08:59:22 AM »

Haha see? This guy already knows.
I will never stop...

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #161 on: September 16, 2010, 09:03:00 AM »

Haha see? This guy already knows.

I already have the popcorn too  :zoinks:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #162 on: September 16, 2010, 09:05:24 AM »
Any time I see a struggle for power, I burn it, pee on it, whatever metaphor is appropriate. I think nobody should have power over anyone else, and i'll never change my mind.
I will never stop...

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #163 on: September 16, 2010, 09:06:45 AM »

With some sites, yes, by all means.

With others, well....

Spectrumites and AFF will likely never ally - too much bad blood, though I am was popular with the Spectrumites camp and now I'm admin at AFF....but it's unlikely, me and Hyke have discussed this in passing before.

AFF and Hikiculture, over my dead fucking body. Chair is a sociopathic lying bastard and I'll have nothing to do with him.

I have no objections to the other sites, though they may have objections towards AFF.

Even if it's just to make joint statements, one site (though we have nearly 18,000 a little over 17,500 members) is but one site - but many communities all undersigning the same statement, well, now that's got a bit more oomph.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 09:09:41 AM by Pikajedi3 »

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #164 on: September 16, 2010, 09:07:11 AM »
Yeah, I suppose that's true it'd likely fall apart from in-fighting. Although I was thinking more of a decentralised structure with no leader. A mutual goal is only shared, nothing else.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.