Author Topic: Everyone with a WP account vote in one of your own as a mod  (Read 13493 times)

The_Chosen_One

Re: Everyone with a WP account vote in one of your own as a mod
« Reply #120 on: September 15, 2010, 11:45:13 PM »
There's also Leftplanet (ebec11's site) and aspie chaos (Calandale's site). Had ZOMG still been going that would have been another alternative.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #121 on: September 15, 2010, 11:49:51 PM »
Alex says they have to be recommended and if you ask to be one, you are not ready.

The places I have been too, some do applications and ask for your mod experience you have had and what would you do as a mod and why you want the position.
Some just offer you one just cause they are your friends and they created the forum. Sometimes it's just random even if you have just met the person.

Honestly I never understood why asking to be one means you're not ready. Before my accounts were deleted, I was reading through my old likedcalico posts and I saw myself asking why is it so wrong to ask to be one and ale said it makes you wonder why they want to be one. I still didn't get it. I have also heard lot of forum owners get annoyed when people ask to be one and even chair has a rule against it on his forum.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2010, 12:49:58 AM »
Alex says they have to be recommended and if you ask to be one, you are not ready.

The places I have been too, some do applications and ask for your mod experience you have had and what would you do as a mod and why you want the position.
Some just offer you one just cause they are your friends and they created the forum. Sometimes it's just random even if you have just met the person.

Honestly I never understood why asking to be one means you're not ready. Before my accounts were deleted, I was reading through my old likedcalico posts and I saw myself asking why is it so wrong to ask to be one and ale said it makes you wonder why they want to be one. I still didn't get it. I have also heard lot of forum owners get annoyed when people ask to be one and even chair has a rule against it on his forum.

Ahem.. That just proves Alex has no managerial skills. How the fuck he'd get on in the real world is beyond me then. The prime reason people get advancement in positions is because they have the drive to ask for advancement. Saying you're not ready just because you are keen enough to put your hand up shows a complete lack of understanding of how processes like this work. How the fuck did those other prats get modship then? Especially QM, who is only around you age, Kit? Even that gumby maku got modship, and I bet he touted his name all over the place as a candidate. If it is the hatred that they have for IntensitySquared, then they are worse than kindergarten kids fighting in the sandpit. We have what, 433 members to their supposed 20,000? Maybe this /takeover' by autism speaks has completely fucked his perspective on things, or the incumbents have had him by the short and curlies for too long.

Anyway, the real issue is trying to get fairness for the membership that has not been given. The only way to get this is with a fresh face, and fresh ideas. I don't give a shit about Alex's selection process, because it is flawed. If ross is willing to put himself up, then he deserves the chance. Same as you, Kit should get the chance too if you wanted it.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2010, 02:35:33 AM »
Damn it, I thought Zara was a she, the username and mannerism seemed to hint it... but then I found out she has testicles. >:(

Oh well, I wonder if FriskeyGirl is indeed frisky. Come on now, hucky sucky 5 dolla?  :eyebrows:

Anyone else stalking this thread from WP? :eyelash:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2010, 05:45:59 AM »
Come on Merle, QM and any of the others - we know you are reading this so cut the pretense. I know for a fact that Merle had an active account here not long after I first joined, as she did at zOMG, and she would log on and read particular threads (probably seeing if they were being flamed). And I bet London to a brick that Quatermass has had at least 1 account on both sites as well (we know that Jerry Hatake had been eavesdropping on zOMG the same way Merle had been, and he was crawling to get modship) so cut the bullshit and come clean.

There is a real challenge here by a bona fide candidate to do some good on your site, and by the sound of it some 'nobbling ' may be going on. IF that is the case, then Alex should seriously do something about you guys  and arrest the damage before it gets any worse. You two, QM and Sins, have been responsible for most of the bannings and ill feeling over at least the past 2-3 years because of some childish jealousy or game you are playing. FFS, people in your position should know better, and if you can't act responsibly and fairly toward your own members, and to people that are willing to become members, then it's past time you went. You might call me bitter for being banned by you and the others, but that isn't the reason I'm writing this. Shit, your site needs saving, and if appointing new mods with fresh ideas is the only way to do this, then so be it.

So stop trying to sabotage any attempt by another member with good standing to help get fairness amongst your site, and accept his nomination like the adults you are meant to be.

Offline The Member Formerly Known As Sophist

• Too Eliter for the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I am what I am and that's all what I am.
    • Gestalt: An Autism Forum
« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2010, 06:02:05 AM »

On Gestalt I don't really care whether someone is asked or asks for the position. But we do tend to choose the admins very carefully, and it's a group effort. But we look for certain qualities in an admin and select people based on those who fit. And we do tend to be a bit more careful and choose people we've known for some time because we don't have moderators on Gestalt, we have all admins. So any admin can seriously change the site if s/he so chose. So we choose people we think best we can trust.
Flibbit.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2010, 06:15:14 AM »
I don't think I could moderate on WP. Not only am I banned, but moderating is different to being an admin. You have to have some people skills, I think. So really, it must be pretty difficult to be an aspie moderator. Too difficult for me. :autism:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2010, 06:25:20 AM »
I don't think I could moderate on WP. Not only am I banned, but moderating is different to being an admin. You have to have some people skills, I think. So really, it must be pretty difficult to be an aspie moderator. Too difficult for me. :autism:

The reason I suggested you is that you have the back-end knowledge of systems (as does Lau) and you would be able to fix any problems that arise without too many hassles. Lau doesn't seem to do a hell of a lot anyway (in the mod dept), so handling systems may be your cup of tea.

Just a thought.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #128 on: September 16, 2010, 06:34:51 AM »
Ah. Well thanks, it is nice of you to say those things.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #129 on: September 16, 2010, 07:08:14 AM »
Is it me, or do have an aspie forum admin congregation here? I mean how many other site admins are here? :-\
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #130 on: September 16, 2010, 07:14:16 AM »
Is it me, or do have an aspie forum admin congregation here? I mean how many other site admins are here? :-\

Well, Pikajedi3 is an AFF admin of course. That's one right there.  :viking:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #131 on: September 16, 2010, 07:14:30 AM »

Well, I can say that I'm not one, even though some might think I could do the job. But as renaeden said, it isn't that easy to be an admin, and being a mod is probably not easy either.

I've got plenty of time, but haven't got the facilities and the real knowledge to do it myself.

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #132 on: September 16, 2010, 07:18:02 AM »
Theres plenty of former admins here as well.

Quite an intresting mix of members here "The Banners and the Banned"
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #133 on: September 16, 2010, 07:22:17 AM »
Theres plenty of former admins here as well.

Quite an intresting mix of members here "The Banners and the Banned"

Yes, the Star Spangled Banners and the Village Of The Banned.

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #134 on: September 16, 2010, 07:26:19 AM »

I've noticed this as well - it's a bit of an Old Boys Club here, almost everyone knows everyone from somewhere else, and Moderators come here to retire :P

Lets, see, there's;

Me - AFF Admin
CBC - Ex-AFF Admin
Hyke - Spectrumites Admin
Soph - Gestalt Admin?
Ross - Admin and Mod on a few sites
Calandale - Aspie Chaos? Admin?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 07:30:26 AM by Pikajedi3 »