Educational

Author Topic: Aspies for Freedom, Revolt Against!  (Read 3137 times)

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: Aspies for Freedom, Revolt Against!
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2010, 10:03:54 AM »
Aaaand we've had all of those flavours, and none of them were as destructive as the one truly great troll we had.

This troll must have been legendary. Let me guess, he did the conspriacy strategy? He basically generated a large conspriacy, befriended all the veteran users and gained reputation as some kind of savour against a perceived threat he either exploited or made up? Ah, PsyOps at it's finest... The ability to do what real life politicians can with such charisma.

You know your stuff Professor and if it is who I am thinking of yes on all points.

Heh, that's because I've done something like that once before... No I wasn't the guy who attacked AFF. If it was me and I had a stick up my ass about the site, I would have made it my goal to get moderator status, and at a certain point (and when no other mods or admins are on), purge the forum's contents and ban every IP address, after of course, agitating the community for a little while.

No, he did better than that; He got one of the admins themselves to ban everyone and start purging the forum of stuff.

The banned and dispossessed then moved to another site, where he was still held in high regard and started the cycle anew.  People caught on though.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2010, 10:09:25 AM »
Aaaand we've had all of those flavours, and none of them were as destructive as the one truly great troll we had.

This troll must have been legendary. Let me guess, he did the conspriacy strategy? He basically generated a large conspriacy, befriended all the veteran users and gained reputation as some kind of savour against a perceived threat he either exploited or made up? Ah, PsyOps at it's finest... The ability to do what real life politicians can with such charisma.

You know your stuff Professor and if it is who I am thinking of yes on all points.

Heh, that's because I've done something like that once before... No I wasn't the guy who attacked AFF. If it was me and I had a stick up my ass about the site, I would have made it my goal to get moderator status, and at a certain point (and when no other mods or admins are on), purge the forum's contents and ban every IP address, after of course, agitating the community for a little while.

No, he did better than that; He got one of the admins themselves to ban everyone and start purging the forum of stuff.

The banned and dispossessed then moved to another site, where he was still held in high regard and started the cycle anew.  People caught on though.

Fucking hell, I envy this man's work.

I could never go too far with my antics, as my own anxiety inhibits my ability to troll. I have to be really motivated to do it, as that's the only point my anxiety cannot stop me.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

DukeNukem

« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2010, 10:13:42 AM »

Was it Amy who was this "legendary troll"? :zoinks:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2010, 10:14:28 AM »

I could never go too far with my antics, as my own anxiety inhibits my ability to troll. I have to be really motivated to do it, as that's the only point my anxiety cannot stop me.

FWIW, I never thought the troll in question actually had a calculated plan in mind to disrupt the site.
My take on him is that he was/is a big blazing ball of rage, uncontrollably driven by his personal demons.  :chin:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2010, 10:15:15 AM »

The banned and dispossessed then moved to another site, where he was still held in high regard and started the cycle anew.  People caught on though.

FWIW, I never thought the troll in question actually had a calculated plan in mind to disrupt the site.
My take on him is that he was/is a big blazing ball of rage, uncontrollably driven by his personal demons.  :chin:

This is my belief as well - however, the approach he took in lashing out was masterful.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2010, 10:16:33 AM »
Well, most of the time, epic trolling is both luck and opportunity mixed with skill. Skill alone cannot always grant you such epic moments.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

DukeNukem

« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2010, 10:17:05 AM »
Who was the troll who nearly destroyed AFF?

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2010, 10:17:35 AM »
Who was the troll who nearly destroyed AFF?

Go through the archives and look for yourself.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2010, 10:22:30 AM »
Given the chance I would take a fucking wrecking ball to the prick nowdays. Gloves would come off big time.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2010, 10:24:28 AM »
Given the chance I would take a fucking wrecking ball to the prick nowdays. Gloves would come off big time.

That would be  EPIC!   :boxers:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2010, 10:45:07 AM »

The banned and dispossessed then moved to another site, where he was still held in high regard and started the cycle anew.  People caught on though.

My take on him is that he was/is a big blazing ball of rage, uncontrollably driven by his personal demons.  :chin:

This is my belief as well - however, the approach he took in lashing out was masterful.

He took himself extremely serious. And in the end disappeared, because people did not cheer him enough any more.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2010, 03:10:14 PM »
Don't know this one either.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2010, 03:13:03 PM »
Don't know this one either.

No big loss, he hated I2, as far as I know.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2010, 03:14:06 PM »
I'm devastated. Truly.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2010, 03:14:53 PM »
I'm devastated. Truly.

I would imagine you to be inconsolable.