Educational

Author Topic: another embarassment for U.S. christains ?  (Read 1546 times)

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
another embarassment for U.S. christains ?
« on: September 07, 2010, 10:30:56 AM »
another embarassment for U.S. christains ?

Church plans Quran-burning event
RELIGION

July 30, 2010|By Lauren Russell, CNN
In protest of what it calls a religion "of the devil," a nondenominational church in Gainesville, Florida, plans to host an "International Burn a Quran Day" on the ninth anniversary of the September 11, 2001, attacks.

The Dove World Outreach Center says it is hosting the event to remember 9/11 victims and take a stand against Islam. With promotions on its website and Facebook page, it invites Christians to burn the Muslim holy book at the church from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.

"We believe that Islam is of the devil, that it's causing billions of people to go to hell, it is a deceptive religion, it is a violent religion and that is proven many, many times," Pastor Terry Jones told CNN's Rick Sanchez earlier this week.

Jones wrote a book titled "Islam is of the Devil," and the church sells coffee mugs and shirts featuring the phrase.

Muslims and many other Christians -- including some evangelicals -- are fighting the initiative.

The church launched a YouTube channel to disseminate its messages.

"I mean ask yourself, have you ever really seen a really happy Muslim? As they're on the way to Mecca? As they gather together in the mosque on the floor? Does it look like a real religion of joy?" Jones asks in one of his YouTube posts.

"No, to me it looks like a religion of the devil."

The Islamic advocacy group Council on American-Islamic Relations called on Muslims and others to host "Share the Quran" dinners to educate the public during the monthlong fast of Ramadan beginning in August. In a news release, the group announced a campaign to give out 100,000 copies of the Quran to local, state and national leaders.

"American Muslims and other people of conscience should support positive educational efforts to prevent the spread of Islamophobia," said CAIR spokesman Ibrahim Hooper in the release.

The National Association of Evangelicals, the nation's largest umbrella evangelical group, issued a statement urging the church to cancel the event, warning it could cause worldwide tension between the two religions............

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-07-29/us/fl...r?_s=PM:US

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: another embarassment for U.S. christains ?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 10:34:28 AM »
Religion is gay.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

DukeNukem

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 10:59:13 AM »
The reputation of most religions as a whole has been tarnished for centuries by deceptive extremists with an agenda for control of the (m)asses.

They twist the text of bibles around to justify their otherwise immoral means of how they pursue their goals. This is the reason why people in general has Muslims and terrorists all mixed up.

That fucking pastor is full of shit and is clearly lusting after control of the (m)asses by burning bibles of other religions and blaming the Muslims for the 9/11 attacks.

So in other words, religion extremists are gay as Hell. ::) Religion itself is a vital part of humanity.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 11:05:57 AM »
Ok. I'll bite, duke. What makes religion so important? Only facts, please.
I will never stop...

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 12:22:47 PM »

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 12:45:59 PM »
Thats what I thought. ::)
I will never stop...

Osensitive1

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 04:40:05 PM »
Thought this was going to be about Judy threatening to bash people in the head with the Bible. No offense, Judy, just true and funny.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 07:38:21 PM »
I thought it was duchess that organized the thing.

And speaking of twisting the text of the bible for your own gain, haven't you done a little of that too Judy?

As I said before, humanity could survive quite well without religion.

richard

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 07:52:31 PM »
more reason for muslims to turn to jihad. great

P7PSP

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 07:53:49 PM »
Like the assholes need a reason?

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 07:57:42 PM »
Judy: one really good reason why we don't need religion - the KKK. Those fuckers went berserk in the name of Christianity, and made America look like shit in the process. And those arseholes still want the right to practise.

Also, don't forget the Inquisition - converting every SOB just because they won't get with their program. And torturing them in the process.

If that's what religion does, then I'm off to the pub to get pissed and laid.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 08:09:07 PM »
Like the assholes need a reason?

I have met some nice ones I really have.  Most I think would just like to live out there lives doing there thing like everyone else but the nutters rile them all up. Very few will go agaist the grain of there socity and denounce them I think they see it as weakness
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

DukeNukem

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 08:28:57 PM »
Judy: one really good reason why we don't need religion - the KKK. Those fuckers went berserk in the name of Christianity, and made America look like shit in the process. And those arseholes still want the right to practise.

Also, don't forget the Inquisition - converting every SOB just because they won't get with their program. And torturing them in the process.

But that is NOT what religion is about. It's about love, peace, caring, etc. Not about making people suffer just because they will not sheepishly follow you! The reputation of religion seems to be more about what man has done in its name, rather than the values and ethics it possesses. Christianity considers murder a sin, the KKK are just a bunch of extremist heathens who don't actually believe in God like they claim to do. They only believe in racism and the thrill of the kill.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 08:48:48 PM »

But that is NOT what religion is about. It's about love, peace, caring, etc. Not about making people suffer just because they will not sheepishly follow you!

I agree with that. But you'rre quick enough to condemn me for my sexuality. You don't show much love, peace or caring.

P7PSP

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 08:51:54 PM »

But that is NOT what religion is about. It's about love, peace, caring, etc. Not about making people suffer just because they will not sheepishly follow you! The reputation of religion seems to be more about what man has done in its name, rather than the values and ethics it possesses. Christianity considers murder a sin, the KKK are just a bunch of extremist heathens who don't actually believe in God like they claim to do. They only believe in racism and the thrill of the kill.
You actively proclaim yourself a christian and troll for lulz. Hardly a ringing endorsement for your stated belief.