Educational

Author Topic: Watch out for those quiet ones  (Read 370 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Watch out for those quiet ones
« on: August 11, 2010, 09:48:44 PM »
LONDON (Reuters) – Britain's advertising watchdog said on Wednesday it had banned a police advertisement encouraging people to report neighbors whose activities raised "suspicions," saying it could offend innocent citizens.

The radio advert for the Anti-Terrorist Hotline listed as suspicious behavior activities which could also describe law-abiding people, the Advertising Standards Authority said.

"The man at the end of the street doesn't talk to his neighbors much, because he likes to keep himself to himself," said the advert which was broadcast on the Talksport radio station.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100811/od_nm/us_terrorism_advert_odd

At least they banned the add but we have the same type ones here about suspicious activity on the NYC stations about the trains.  I have been viewed with suspicion all my life and this just makes it worse. I don't like crowds and they make me nervous I do weird things in my yard with chemicals just waiting for the cops to show up one day
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

P7PSP

Re: Watch out for those quiet ones
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 09:53:50 PM »
LONDON (Reuters) – Britain's advertising watchdog said on Wednesday it had banned a police advertisement encouraging people to report neighbors whose activities raised "suspicions," saying it could offend innocent citizens.

The radio advert for the Anti-Terrorist Hotline listed as suspicious behavior activities which could also describe law-abiding people, the Advertising Standards Authority said.

"The man at the end of the street doesn't talk to his neighbors much, because he likes to keep himself to himself," said the advert which was broadcast on the Talksport radio station.

At least they banned the add but we have the same type ones here about suspicious activity on the NYC stations about the trains.  I have been viewed with suspicion all my life and this just makes it worse. I don't like crowds and they make me nervous I do weird things in my yard with chemicals just waiting for the cops to show up one day
Hell I could be reported for not talking to my neighbors much.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 10:11:07 PM »
Oh shit, they're coming for me now aren't they? :hide:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 09:30:28 AM »
I always feel like people are thinking I'm gonna nick soemthing (never stolen anything in my lifetho, except downloading music lol)
It's worse if you look young. I am 22 but if I dont speak most people think I'm a teenage boy. And no one trusts teenagers round here.

I don't think I look suspicious in a terrorist kinda way tho. I keep getting ads for cheap burqas on facebook tho. maybe I should try wearing one of them around town  :laugh:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 09:34:45 AM »
I always feel like people are thinking I'm gonna nick soemthing (never stolen anything in my lifetho, except downloading music lol)
It's worse if you look young. I am 22 but if I dont speak most people think I'm a teenage boy. And no one trusts teenagers round here.

I don't think I look suspicious in a terrorist kinda way tho. I keep getting ads for cheap burqas on facebook tho. maybe I should try wearing one of them around town  :laugh:

LOL, visualising that in a drawing of yours.  :laugh:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 09:35:46 AM »
haha now I know what my next one will be  :laugh:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 09:43:49 AM »
 :zoinks:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 09:55:00 AM »
:zoinks:

yeah, we think it's funny...but it's probably not for public consumption!

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 09:58:24 AM »
The ads for cheap burquas are in public too.

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 12:18:51 PM »
I have some neighbours who can literally annoy the hell out of me, I don't talk to them unless they did something that annoys me and simply can't be known as suspicious, been seen as the talkative type, but I know one person see's me as a threat, there was a story behind it and I didn't threaten anybody, but she took it the wrong way and she's been acting like a jerk towards me pretty much 5 years now.
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 03:59:52 PM »

"The man at the end of the street doesn't talk to his neighbors much, because he likes to keep himself to himself,[/b]" said the advert which was broadcast on the Talksport radio station.

That's what the news says about people doing unexpected crimes. Like last year April 30, a man riding into the crowd at Queensday, aiming for the royalty bus.

Sentences like that do not directly make me nervous, but they do annoy me. Also because somehow it seems as they see that as the reason for the aggressive behaviour.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 06:44:43 AM »

Hell I could be reported for not talking to my neighbors much.

You sound like MY kind of neighbor!  :2thumbsup:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore