Author Topic: bruises, abgs under eyes, tiredness  (Read 1429 times)

Offline Lemon Aguilera

• lemonese pudding
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: bruises, abgs under eyes, tiredness
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2010, 07:03:05 AM »
Hey, Milllla,  what's really going on kiddo?

I hate doctors as much as the nexxt one, but sometimes visiting one and telling the whole truth is a necessary evil one has to endure.

Two things worry me; the anemia and bruising.  You can live with a bit of weight gain, even though it feels so damn alien to you. PMS can be a problem, but I can only speak from a witness's view to this. It can be more manageable, it seems and losing sleep can cause your purple/black eyes, but random bruising could be serious. I do not have to tell you that you need to "fix"  the anemia, what ever the cost.

Please, if this continues, go to a doctor, brave the cab ride or what ever it takes, just suck it up, feel the horror as it unfolds and just do it!!

Be brave. Take care of yourself.
 :viking:

the anemia is monthly, and not a big deal. it's just, i don't remember looking this shit before, so it must not be the anemia. then again i don't have a working memory. it just struck me somehow. but maybe these things happen, people have fluctuations.

the weightgain is not alien, but it also seems out of place. but prolly just a shit fluke.

thanks for your concern guys but i think i'm overreacting like always, i just wanted to see if anyone had some disease for me. :laugh: i dunon why but bruises freak me out. it's like being attacked by something invisible. i just got scared. :-\

and Elle, i was just kidding about AIDS. :P that disease would really suck. it's something they said in the movie Gia. which i don't care to repeat. but it made me think of what a butal disease it is. it's a great movie though. :orly:
"the dreams we dream together become reality" - John Lemon

Offline Lemon Aguilera

• lemonese pudding
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2010, 07:03:42 AM »
I'm thinking of a river in Egypt.

:orly: ?

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2010, 07:14:50 AM »
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Lemon Aguilera

• lemonese pudding
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2010, 07:15:40 AM »
i got it egg. :laugh:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2010, 07:22:57 AM »
i got it egg. :laugh:

Now you know what you need to do. Just make the appointment.  :viking:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Lemon Aguilera

• lemonese pudding
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2010, 07:32:54 AM »
no i need to stay bathing in the river. :P i've always liked Mesopotamia. is it near?

seriously though, a couple of bruises aren't enough to see a doctor. i'll see if i feel better after the anemia passes and i get settled down, the move was really stressful. prolly what causes this. sometimes when you can't face something with your mind you face it with your body. that's what disease is all about.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2010, 08:00:59 AM »
i just remembered what happened to larry hagman. who lost his liver? he said he drank shampagne on the set every day, and it wasn't much but he was constantly buzzed, and that destroyed his liver. well i was thinking i don't drink constantly so it's not a problem. but it was just shampagne, how could it do that to larry hagman, a big man with a man liver?

i don't bleed easily though. and it also says there in the liver thingy that it causes weightloss, so i must not have chirrosis. :laugh: i'm probably just overreacting. mom pointed out that the move might have caused the bruises, i dunno why they'd show up 2 weeks late though. i'm confused. maybe i banged myself in the garage.

Cirrhosis causes fluid retention, which can make your legs and abdomen swell, and that might be what you're interpreting as weight gain.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2010, 08:05:26 AM »
From this;

ok i'm freaking out now. i have weird mini bruises all over. that's not normal. they're little round bruises sprinkled on my legs and then there are the bigger ones. 2 big ones, 2 smaller ones and some even smaller ones and then the round little dotty ones. wtf is going on?

To this;

seriously though, a couple of bruises aren't enough to see a doctor.

Do you need some soap for your back whilst you are bathing in the river?

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2010, 08:17:37 AM »
i spend most of the day fighting with my thoughts and drinking them away

I wish you luck sweetheart. You are way too smart for this.

Offline Lemon Aguilera

• lemonese pudding
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2010, 08:55:40 AM »
thanks, E. but really, it's more likely i'm overreacting, since i panic when there's something that could indicate a disease. i get so freakin scared at the thought, i just have a mind that blows things out of proportion. i know drinking isn't healthy but i can't stop it. if i could stop worrying about stuff, that'd be nice but apparently i can't. :P

that's why i think the beta blockers would help. i'm afraid to ask for valium as i know i'll just abuse it and it'll be gone in a second, and i am weirded out that i am so responsible that i actually consider this, cuz before i'd have jumped at the chance. but now i just think more intoxication isn't the answer. i've spent half my adult life in some haze, and that's pushed me into some dim place where sometimes i wake up and i have a moment of not total clarity and panic rushes over me and i get scared cuz i don't remember the details of the last week or day or anything and reality's fuzzy. and it's the alcohol. but then i go and get a bottle and everything's ok again. but i know it's not cuz there are those moments. valium would make it worse. i think beta blockers are the only thing.

Cirrhosis causes fluid retention, which can make your legs and abdomen swell, and that might be what you're interpreting as weight gain.

this isn't just fluid retention. it'd make me 115% water.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2010, 12:50:01 PM »
Milla, please go see that doctor. Hopefully it's nothing but it's worth doing.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2010, 01:46:49 PM »
ok i'm freaking out now. i have weird mini bruises all over. that's not normal. they're little round bruises sprinkled on my legs and then there are the bigger ones. 2 big ones, 2 smaller ones and some even smaller ones and then the round little dotty ones. wtf is going on?

Do the dotty ones look like this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petechia

Or like this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purpura

Are you taking aspirin, by any chance?
You are a geek extraordinaire Callaway.  :plus:

:thanks:

I had to take two regular aspirins a day to prevent blood clots for several weeks after my ankle surgery and I had red petechiae on my foot that had been operated on.  Also, I bruised extremely easily without knowing just what I had done to bruise myself.  One bruise on my thigh itched horribly as it went through the yellow colored stage of healing and I bruised it back to reddish purple again just from gently scratching it. Since Milla's not taking aspirin, I think something is wrong with the way Milla's blood is not clotting.

Offline Lemon Aguilera

• lemonese pudding
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2010, 01:55:47 PM »
i'm clotting fine, i just ripped a scab open and it clotted fine. shouldn't it keep bleeding?

if i have normal bleeding that mean the bruises can't be from a disease? i didn't think of that cuz i didn't think it'd have to do with clotting. but that makes sense.

it's prolly all these things together that made me look dead and i freaked out. typical me. :facepalm2:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2010, 03:03:55 PM »

Do the dotty ones look like this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petechia

Or like this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purpura

Are you taking aspirin, by any chance?
You are a geek extraordinaire Callaway.  :plus:

I am no ordinary egg.  :2thumbsup:
:indeed: Unfortunately you are but a shell of your former self.  :(

Callaway is THE internet Librarian, indeed.

Do not challenge her prowess ... !!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2010, 03:14:14 PM »
at the hospital yesterday i was told i've put on weight

apparently that is  a good thing though 

i can't read thru this thread coz it's making my hypochondria worse sorry  :laugh: