Educational

Author Topic: The Religion of Peace strikes again.  (Read 871 times)

P7PSP

The Religion of Peace strikes again.
« on: July 11, 2010, 11:24:27 PM »
It appears that Mohammed's faithful have struck again, murdering at least 64 people. Fuck Islam!  :finger:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100712/ap_on_re_af/af_uganda_explosions

P7PSP

Re: The Religion of Peace strikes again.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 11:52:39 PM »

I am quite happy with my Infidel status. Once again - FUCK ISLAM and Islams murderous practices.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 11:58:43 PM by PPK »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 07:53:41 AM »
That's not Islam, that's clueless morons blaming their murderous habits on religion.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 08:32:43 AM »
That's not Islam, that's clueless morons blaming their murderous habits on religion.

QFT
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 11:17:15 AM »
They have to do something about their nutters.  I have met plenty of Muslims most that I did were fine but some where fucking nuts.  The problem comes down to the fact their nutters have a tendency toward violence.  Muslims in a lot of these countries are as a religion in general are more where Christianity was 500 years ago with the burnings and Inquisition,  they need to move on 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 03:51:20 PM »
If they were a more homogenous group, maybe that would be possible. Problem is, there isn't anything like a pope running things. AFAIK, quite a few of the more modern leaders have condemned this sort of thing.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 05:03:55 PM »
Saw a bit of the Srebrenica meeting and final burial of over 700 people at the graveyard last Sunday. Very impressive. And anything but praising violence. Mostly a Muslim gathering.

Religion is powerful, like water. Depends on who uses it what way. For some it is the language that can help them forgive, and live with respect for people around them, also after disasters of the human kind. Others use it as a tool to heat up hatred. Like water can be used to lessen someone's thirst, or to drown the same person.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 05:07:51 PM »
 :plus:

- Albert Einstein

P7PSP

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 07:31:41 PM »
Like the Iranian Government does? al Shabab is fighting for control of Somalia and would likely run it much the same way the Taliban ran Afghanistan. At what point, in your opinion, does a person claiming to be Muslim get to define their own beliefs as Islam odeon? I am not going to presume to tell people what their religious beliefs are and don't know you to when you are not defending Islam from the activities of its most zealous followers. The murders in Mumbai India, the attacks on the London Underground and Spanish Railroad stations, the murder of Theo Van Gogh, the call for Salman Rushdie's murder, the shit happening in the Sudan and this latest attack on people watching a sports event together are all crimes committed by Muslims with the stated agenda of acting on behalf of Islam. At what point do people get to define their own beliefs? Cat Stevens publicly stated support for the Fatwa on Rushdie. Did he cease to be a Muslim at that point? Would you have the audacity to tell Yusuf Islam what his beliefs can and can't be?
That's not Islam sounds like a "No true Muslim" fallacy to me.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 07:52:26 PM by PPK »

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 09:24:13 AM »
Like the Iranian Government does? al Shabab is fighting for control of Somalia and would likely run it much the same way the Taliban ran Afghanistan. At what point, in your opinion, does a person claiming to be Muslim get to define their own beliefs as Islam odeon? I am not going to presume to tell people what their religious beliefs are and don't know you to when you are not defending Islam from the activities of its most zealous followers. The murders in Mumbai India, the attacks on the London Underground and Spanish Railroad stations, the murder of Theo Van Gogh, the call for Salman Rushdie's murder, the shit happening in the Sudan and this latest attack on people watching a sports event together are all crimes committed by Muslims with the stated agenda of acting on behalf of Islam. At what point do people get to define their own beliefs? Cat Stevens publicly stated support for the Fatwa on Rushdie. Did he cease to be a Muslim at that point? Would you have the audacity to tell Yusuf Islam what his beliefs can and can't be?

No, I disagree with you here.

A fundy Muslim would agree with you.
A few years ago a fundamentalist christian organisation was in the news a lot. Because their way of biblically raising their kids lead to infants dying. They will have thought that all other forms of christianity were no true christianity.

Fundamentalism happens in every religion and philosophy. There are fundamentalistic atheists too. The moment someone claims he, or his group, have got hold of the absolute truth, and all others are following a fallacy, that moment fundamentalism is active. And because of this being sure to have the absolute truth, some think they can treat the people who are not in the truth as dirt. Exploit them, kill them, all for the good of their own truth and self-righteousness. Yes, it does happen amongst some Muslims, but that's no reason to blame all of that. It happens amongst some Christians, but not on all. It happens with some evolutionists, but not in all.

That some governments have combined nationalism with religious fundamentalism, does not make the religion bad in it self.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 01:58:16 PM »
What Hyke said, basically.

We'll have to disagree on this one, PPK. I will tell you this, though: I don't presume to tell anyone what their beliefs can or cannot be, or how they define their religion(s). However, it is my opinion that those killing in the name of religion, whatever that religion is, usually need to blame their actions on something and it is far easier to justify murder if you think God is on your side.

Doesn't make it more right in my eyes, though. I'll put a stop to it once these people start listening to me.

- Albert Einstein

P7PSP

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010, 07:43:19 PM »

A few years ago a fundamentalist christian organisation was in the news a lot. Because their way of biblically raising their kids lead to infants dying. They will have thought that all other forms of christianity were no true christianity.
None of which made them not real Christians or takes away the religious motivation for what they were doing.
Fundamentalism happens in every religion and philosophy. There are fundamentalistic atheists too. The moment someone claims he, or his group, have got hold of the absolute truth, and all others are following a fallacy, that moment fundamentalism is active. And because of this being sure to have the absolute truth, some think they can treat the people who are not in the truth as dirt. Exploit them, kill them, all for the good of their own truth and self-righteousness. Yes, it does happen amongst some Muslims, but that's no reason to blame all of that. It happens amongst some Christians, but not on all. It happens with some evolutionists, but not in all.
And a gross preponderance of political-religious terrorist attack mass murders that are happening right now come straight out of Islamic fundamentalism.
That some governments have combined nationalism with religious fundamentalism, does not make the religion bad in it self.
The fact that followers of this particular religion (Islam) are engaged in ongoing murderous terrorist attacks on civilian populations (part of a long history of such conduct), and that the founder of this particular religion married a 6 year old girl and fessed up to fucking her at age 9 leads me to believe that this religion is bad in and of itself. Hell in Yemen and Saudi Arabia marrying and fucking little girls is legal and cool because Muhammad did with 'Aisha. How the hell is that not wrong? The bolded part is a question, not an attack on you Hyke.

We'll have to disagree on this one, PPK. I will tell you this, though: I don't presume to tell anyone what their beliefs can or cannot be, or how they define their religion(s). However, it is my opinion that those killing in the name of religion, whatever that religion is, usually need to blame their actions on something and it is far easier to justify murder if you think God is on your side.
Stating it in this manner makes more sense to me than what you initially posted odeon.
Doesn't make it more right in my eyes, though. I'll put a stop to it once these people start listening to me.
I know that. In spite of what my initial response to you may have come off as I don't actually believe that you approve of terrorism.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2010, 02:58:32 AM »

No matter how much wrong you can find in the origins of Islam. Similar wrong can be found in all kinds of cultures and religions.

It would be so convenient if evil was to be so easily pointed out. But it is not.
I do have great problems with fundamentalism, of any kind.

Pinpointing the bad of killing Theo van Gogh on Islam, made that muslim people were not feeling safe anymore. That schools were burned. Where's the good in that?

None of which made them not real Christians or takes away the religious motivation for what they were doing.
The point is that the direct and absolute connection to a religion or a philosophy can not be made. 
And a gross preponderance of political-religious terrorist attack mass murders that are happening right now come straight out of Islamic fundamentalism.

True, and a lot of mass murderings in WWII were based on a non-religious philosophy. People were killed, based on religion, offspring, sexual orientation and mental health because of a philosopy of the leader. And most of us still use some good inventions of that very same leader.
The fact that followers of this particular religion (Islam) are engaged in ongoing murderous terrorist attacks on civilian populations (part of a long history of such conduct), and that the founder of this particular religion married a 6 year old girl and fessed up to fucking her at age 9 leads me to believe that this religion is bad in and of itself. Hell in Yemen and Saudi Arabia marrying and fucking little girls is legal and cool because Muhammad did with 'Aisha. How the hell is that not wrong? The bolded part is a question, not an attack on you Hyke.
It is a horrid thought that a girl had to have sex with an older man so soon. I do strongly agree with you on that.

But, there are historians telling that in the western European Middle-ages, girls could be wed out at the same age. That the Romans had an average age of consent of 12-14, but had put the minimum age at 7. Anything to keep the amount of baby boys high enough to be able to maintain a solid army.

And still, no matter what kind of society, a lot of rape cases will not get acknowledged. Even, or maybe especially, incest, family rape towards young kids, will be ignored a lot. Too horrid to take serious. Better not talk about it, and then it may not exist. And the perpetrators always find a way to make their actions right. Basing it on the purely power of hormones, or the thought that with Eve all woman, from childhood on, are that seductive that it is their own doing, even when they are 6.

Stating it in this manner makes more sense to me than what you initially posted odeon.
I know that. In spite of what my initial response to you may have come off as I don't actually believe that you approve of terrorism.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2010, 04:01:40 PM »

I never will. Killing or harming innocent people for a "cause" is wrong, no matter in whose name they claim to do it. Actually it's just plain wrong, cause or no cause.

- Albert Einstein

Osensitive1

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2010, 05:06:11 PM »
Killing or harming innocent people for a "cause" is wrong, no matter in whose name they claim to do it. Actually it's just plain wrong, cause or no cause.
What about the guilty ones?