Author Topic: This is exactly what I'm talking about  (Read 1159 times)

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
This is exactly what I'm talking about
« on: July 01, 2010, 03:38:09 PM »

Yeah, it looks funny. A spray painted sign on a board. But it's much more than that to me. This person is looking out for their fellow man. Something that no one seems to do, or even thinks to do. This person took a step back and thought "how will this affect those around me?". They then went one step further and took an action to warn others of a potential danger. How many other people even think to do that? How many people think with the blinders on, only considering how things are going to affect them? It takes more than just empathy. It is a whole different way of thinking - the ability to see the big picture, take all the variables into account, and consider how they will affect not only oneself in the immediate, but others as well and in the future.

The world needs more people like this.

"Remember, I'm pulling for ya. We're all in this together."

Celticgoddess

Re: This is exactly what I'm talking about
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 03:40:50 PM »
So goodwill aside, there's a specialty cat furniture store there? Add it to the list. :laugh:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 03:44:19 PM »
I try and do what I think is right and be a decent person. sometimes it seems like there's no point and we might as well all just think Who gives a shit about everyone else? coz that's how most people seem to be. but then now and then you see someone do something really nice or help someone. and that makes me feel better. even if everyone else seems to just be being assholes, it makes me feel happier to be doing what I think is right, whataever that iS

Osensitive1

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 03:49:45 PM »
Noticed the cat furniture first too. Great post. Sometimes the blinders are a pain, and the trees so much more interesting than the forest.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 03:50:50 PM »

I try and do what I think is right and be a decent person. sometimes it seems like there's no point and we might as well all just think Who gives a shit about everyone else? coz that's how most people seem to be. but then now and then you see someone do something really nice or help someone. and that makes me feel better. even if everyone else seems to just be being assholes, it makes me feel happier to be doing what I think is right, whataever that iS

That's exactly it. I get so discouraged and lose so much faith in people, then I see something like this. Someone doing something, no matter how small, to make a difference. Really motivates me to continue being part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 03:54:31 PM »

That's exactly it. I get so discouraged and lose so much faith in people, then I see something like this. Someone doing something, no matter how small, to make a difference. Really motivates me to continue being part of the solution, not part of the problem.

I will never knowingly be a part of the problem. It's just not who I am. I think there's still more good in the world than bad. That's why I'm now more careful about the people I keep in my life.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 03:54:56 PM »

In a village, I do see little things like that happening. And yes, it is encouraging.

Just like CG and 0sensitive1 I noticed that cat purrrrniture sign first  :laugh:
Did have a closer look after reading your post.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 03:59:40 PM »

I will never knowingly be a part of the problem. It's just not who I am. I think there's still more good in the world than bad. That's why I'm now more careful about the people I keep in my life.

I do focus more on the good than the bad.
I don't want to be bitter and focus on the bad. Sometimes that has made me blind to bad things. Little bit naive.

Think the human world would have stopped by now, if the bad was bigger than the good. Don't think the world is getting better over the ages though.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 04:01:43 PM »
I agree, Hyke.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 04:14:09 PM »
I agree, Hyke.

Can't see you turn bitter indeed. Your lust for life and the good things is just too vibrant to do that.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 09:20:14 PM »

Bah, fuck people. Good is dumb.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 09:24:16 PM »
I thought you were going to bed? :laugh:

P7PSP

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 09:26:10 PM »
That is cool putting up the warning sign.  :thumbup: Dark Helmet is partly correct but he has his own agenda.  :zoinks:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2011, 12:31:42 AM »
People shouldn't be speeding in areas like that though.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2011, 10:51:34 AM »

It's a four lane divided street, speed limit is 50 mph. Not much traffic at all. A guy could blast through there at 80 safely.