Educational

Author Topic: DUI check points  (Read 2009 times)

Osensitive1

Re: DUI check points
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2010, 03:50:53 PM »
Know someone with a car that the lights are automatically on all the time, so there's no thought involved. That's fine.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2010, 03:51:27 PM »
That's the case with my car. It's a good thing.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2010, 04:39:32 PM »

Me too I don't miss turning them on and off.  It's such a simple thing to put on a car  don't know why all cars don't have it
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2010, 01:31:39 AM »
Know someone with a car that the lights are automatically on all the time, so there's no thought involved. That's fine.

All new cars in Europe are that way. I can still turn my lights off completely on my 1995 Volvo, but then I don't use the regular lights button but a tiny litte "screw" that I turn with a small screwdriver.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2010, 04:21:20 AM »

All new cars in Europe are that way. I can still turn my lights off completely on my 1995 Volvo, but then I don't use the regular lights button but a tiny litte "screw" that I turn with a small screwdriver.

Right there I can see a problem for someone like me, who would lose that small screwdriver within five minutes of the last use! :laugh:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2010, 07:13:41 AM »

Me too I don't miss turning them on and off.  It's such a simple thing to put on a car  don't know why all cars don't have it

It's baffling.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2010, 03:59:16 PM »

It's baffling.

Remember when seatbelts  were optional, rather than standard? (I don't, but my mother mentioned it.) :chin:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2010, 05:51:26 PM »
Ah yes.  Seatbelts.  I specifically bought a 1973 Dodge Charger SE because you couldn't start the car unless the seatbelts were buckled.  See the above post about alcoholic father who if he was going to drive my car I was going to make sure he was securely buckled in so that if he had an accident with my car I could kill him.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2010, 06:14:49 PM »
Ah yes.  Seatbelts.  I specifically bought a 1973 Dodge Charger SE because you couldn't start the car unless the seatbelts were buckled.  See the above post about alcoholic father who if he was going to drive my car I was going to make sure he was securely buckled in so that if he had an accident with my car I could kill him.

My brother won a 1973 Caprice and it had alarms that wouldn't stop unless you buckled up my other brother quickly disabled it  :orly:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2010, 10:57:43 PM »

Me too I don't miss turning them on and off.  It's such a simple thing to put on a car  don't know why all cars don't have it

It's baffling.

Remember when seatbelts  were optional, rather than standard? (I don't, but my mother mentioned it.) :chin:

In Sweden they were standard very early but didn't become compulsory to use before the 1970's and just in the front seat to start with. It wasn't compulsory to use seatbelts in the backseat here until 1985 or something.

It's like gun laws. Freedoms are taken away gradually, so that people won't oppose it very much.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 10:59:46 PM by TheoK »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2010, 03:59:19 AM »

It's baffling.

Remember when seatbelts  were optional, rather than standard? (I don't, but my mother mentioned it.) :chin:

Yes, I do remember that. I spent my childhood going to places without a seatbelt.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2010, 04:00:52 AM »

Me too I don't miss turning them on and off.  It's such a simple thing to put on a car  don't know why all cars don't have it

It's baffling.

Remember when seatbelts  were optional, rather than standard? (I don't, but my mother mentioned it.) :chin:

In Sweden they were standard very early but didn't become compulsory to use before the 1970's and just in the front seat to start with. It wasn't compulsory to use seatbelts in the backseat here until 1985 or something.

It's like gun laws. Freedoms are taken away gradually, so that people won't oppose it very much.

::)

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2010, 12:10:50 PM »

It's baffling.

Yes, I do remember that. I spent my childhood going to places without a seatbelt.

When I was old enough to understand about seat belts, I always wore mine even if I was the only person in the car wearing one.

TheoK

« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2010, 01:16:55 PM »
The very thing I oppose, as I usually do, is that it's compulsory. I have no problems wearing seatbelts in a plane.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2010, 02:24:32 PM »

It's baffling.

When I was old enough to understand about seat belts, I always wore mine even if I was the only person in the car wearing one.

There weren't any installed in the back seat of our car.

- Albert Einstein