Author Topic: Banned from WP  (Read 11231 times)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Banned from WP
« Reply #105 on: September 06, 2010, 03:59:09 PM »
I heard about the mod strike. When did that happen and what was it about?

How did you get unbanned as Sophist?

richard

« Reply #106 on: September 06, 2010, 04:07:02 PM »
kit i barely figured out right now that you where spokane girl and even though im not that very fond of you i found out you are a expecting mother. i would just like to say congratulations, i think babies are cute and im shure you will be a thoural mother

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #107 on: September 06, 2010, 05:39:31 PM »
Excuse me folks. I was just loling at the name of this thread. :green:

I know I occasionally mis-read it as "Band from WP" and I don't know what kind of music they'd play, but it's probably off-key.

Sensitive emo rock. :zoinks:

HAHA YEP  :plus:

Agree there, Rage. I'd just like to read a bit of the drama and stir it up a bit, out of curiosity, even tho' I can't log on, but I'm not that worried. More fun flaming them here.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #108 on: September 06, 2010, 05:42:23 PM »
I heard about the mod strike. When did that happen and what was it about?

How did you get unbanned as Sophist?

Was that the one that Calandale was involved in? He mentioned something about a takeover once, but that was awhile ago.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #109 on: September 06, 2010, 05:48:18 PM »
I remember the banning party and the demodding party in 2007.

WP has gone through it's moments. I never knew anything about the mod strike until Ana54 told me.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #110 on: September 06, 2010, 05:50:14 PM »

WP has gone through it's moments. I never knew anything about the mod strike until Ana54 told me.

Well, if there's scuttlebutt around, she's in the thick of it.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #111 on: September 06, 2010, 09:17:49 PM »
I should also say Peeguy has returned to the forum. I didn't know it was him until I clicked his profile and recognized his email.

Old members have been returning to the forum since lau and Maku had been demodded and since then there has been more drama and things have been more laid back. Maybe he finally got that memo and rejoined. But unfortunately sometimes trolls come back as if they think it be acceptable now to troll.

According to Pikajedi, lot of people were able to get back on after they were banned unfairly by sins. I don't know how he knew that. I noticed the others couldn't get back in like Emor, benjiminbreeg, ana54, Praeter and whoever else was involved in that rally when all the mods were demodded for the weekend.

But Praeter came back under different accounts.

I came back, and have still been back ever since sins silently banned by Praetor account. I was going to talk to Alex, never did, and then the whole shit between me and Friskeygirl started. But thankfully that's now all over and put behind both her and me. I am back on WP under a new screen name, but haven't been active there for weeks.

What's up with Quatermass's complete power tripping. He talks down to everyone and acts like a complete asshole. What the fuck is the guys problem?

Hey westernskyline is it true what you said about Hope_Grows offering you sexual services?

Quatermass' problem is himself. No people skills, and no management ideas. Had he had that position IRL, he would have been fucked and burned long ago.

Offline westernskyline

• Constant Poster
« Reply #112 on: September 06, 2010, 09:30:41 PM »
"Hey westernskyline is it true what you said about Hope_Grows offering you sexual services?"

We were close friends for a while and what she said was that if we lived closer, she'd be tempted to take care of my virgin problem herself.  I probably should have been more specific, but it's still the same thing.  And I hated to play "he said, she said" but anyone on the board could see that she wanted a fight.  I said flatout to her that we should just ignore each other, and she responded with that "You don't tell me what to do, got it?" talk and then decided it was her place to talk about private information I gave her about my ex and my situation.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #113 on: September 07, 2010, 02:42:54 AM »

What on earth happened on WP in early 2006? Some big drama happened just before I joined in April that year.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #114 on: September 07, 2010, 03:17:30 AM »

What on earth happened on WP in early 2006? Some big drama happened just before I joined in April that year.

Yes, a four + years ago drama is so intriguing.

Offline The Member Formerly Known As Sophist

• Too Eliter for the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I am what I am and that's all what I am.
    • Gestalt: An Autism Forum
« Reply #115 on: September 07, 2010, 04:42:28 AM »
I don't know all the details of what was going on at WP. Some of what had gone on preceded me. Alex didn't originally own WP alone. He was one of the creators of the forum, but Dan Grover, as I understand it, was the main owner of the forum. Scuttlebutt is even one time Alex himself got banned for a brief period (though that may just be rumor). Dan eventually handed it over to Alex because he was having personal problems and couldn't handle it anymore; Alex is the one who worked to make it as large and well known as it is though.

In general Alex is a very talented businessman but also a consummate liar; he's very convincing and in person even seems extremely nice. But I know that he's been caught in blatant lie after lie and is very good at using people that it isn't wise to trust him no matter how convincing he might seem.

Anyways, Alex used to give so little power to his mods and admins that when they would try to do their jobs it was like Alex was deliberately making it more difficult. I know that Dunc and Vivi were in the thick of the whole thing and there was a lot of turmoil. It was in reaction to a handful of WP members who were trying to stir as much shit as possible (such as eamonn, ascan, etc.) I tried to deal with them but they were set on making trouble. But Alex wouldn't give mods and admins the authority to deal with them. Then suddenly most of the mods went on strike. It was a whole series of power plays. I was still modding at the time. After about a week or so the mods came back. I left. Alex tried hard to get me to return but I just didn't want to deal with the shit.

Some more stuff happened that I didn't witness, just more bickering and power plays I'm sure. Finally, Alex fired and banned the staff. Members like eamonn and ascan were banned afterwards I believe. It was ironic that the members who made our moding responsibilities a daily hell then began stirring shit because of our banning.  ::) It was at that point, and for some time prior, that old members began their own forums, spinoffs from the WP fallout. This forum, in fact, is one of them. It originally was a forum that was begun, like Gestalt, from The Neurolands, a website that was a small group of forums. The Neurolands was the brainchild of Neuroman, who was tired of how WP was being run and wanted to start a community that didn't make the same mistakes Alex was making.

Eventually McJagger took Intensity off Neurolands and I got Gestalt onto another server. Btw, Intensity was originally just that, no "squared". But Squared was the rebirth of the site. But the website was in direct response to the free speech that was usually quashed on WP, although I2 used to be a lot more no-holds-barred. But then I think that was during a time when the members just wanted to blow off steam on each other and also really didn't give a crap about each other. Now you're a community. It still has its no-holds-barred approach, but you all know each other more and just don't throw as many low punches. It also probably helps that eamonn and ascan aren't still around too. Those two guys had sticks so far up their asses they were usually choking on them.  :LOL:
Flibbit.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #116 on: September 07, 2010, 05:18:16 AM »
I should also say Peeguy has returned to the forum. I didn't know it was him until I clicked his profile and recognized his email.

Old members have been returning to the forum since lau and Maku had been demodded and since then there has been more drama and things have been more laid back. Maybe he finally got that memo and rejoined. But unfortunately sometimes trolls come back as if they think it be acceptable now to troll.

According to Pikajedi, lot of people were able to get back on after they were banned unfairly by sins. I don't know how he knew that. I noticed the others couldn't get back in like Emor, benjiminbreeg, ana54, Praeter and whoever else was involved in that rally when all the mods were demodded for the weekend.

But Praeter came back under different accounts.

I came back, and have still been back ever since sins silently banned by Praetor account. I was going to talk to Alex, never did, and then the whole shit between me and Friskeygirl started. But thankfully that's now all over and put behind both her and me. I am back on WP under a new screen name, but haven't been active there for weeks.

What's up with Quatermass's complete power tripping. He talks down to everyone and acts like a complete asshole. What the fuck is the guys problem?

Hey westernskyline is it true what you said about Hope_Grows offering you sexual services?

Quatermass? Quatermass? What is that little bitch up to now? I have had a lot of fun pulling his pigtails in the past and calling him on his bullshit. He fucking hates me.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #117 on: September 07, 2010, 05:22:52 AM »
Well make him hate you even more. :zoinks:

But yeah, too bad there's still one twat remaining. To think he's lives on our continent. *shudders*
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #118 on: September 07, 2010, 05:35:01 AM »
Well make him hate you even more. :zoinks:

But yeah, too bad there's still one twat remaining. To think he's lives on our continent. *shudders*

I really dunno. I just might.
You are right about him living here. I think if I  met him IRL life i might just bump him from behind the urinal so he falls in or something.
Then trip him as he tries to get his balance

I dunno how I would mange to insult him worse than I have in the past and get away eith it to be honest. I will go on and have a look to see what I can find. Tell me what you think
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #119 on: September 07, 2010, 05:54:47 AM »