2 (28.6%)
Meh
1 (14.3%)
Yes
1 (14.3%)
No
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Baby food  (Read 485 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Baby food
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 10:29:57 AM »
My ex used to tease me about eating applesauce calling it baby food. He said I liked it because it's baby food. I told him it's for everyone and I've liked it my whole life and my mom always bought it. He wouldn't listen. He still teased me for it and said I liked it because it was baby food.

Well, he was ignorant then, because people of all ages love applesauce, especially with a nice juicy pork chop! ;D
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2010, 10:38:06 AM »
My ex used to tease me about eating applesauce calling it baby food. He said I liked it because it's baby food. I told him it's for everyone and I've liked it my whole life and my mom always bought it. He wouldn't listen. He still teased me for it and said I liked it because it was baby food.

Well, he was ignorant then, because people of all ages love applesauce, especially with a nice juicy pork chop! ;D

I used to drive him crazy because he was ignorant. I would do things to piss him off. That was one of the reasons why I stayed in a relationship with him. That's how I deal with stupid people. If they want my respect, listen to me and stop being an idiot. At first I was patient with him but when he refused to listen and learn, I lost my patience and started to mess with him.

With my aspie mind, I still assume at times everyone will think like me and be like me and I thought if I teach him something or inform him of something, he will listen and learn because that is what I do when I learn things. But I forget there are stupid people out there who will believe whatever they want and not listen to you and learn when you tell them things.

I knew he was ignorant when we first met but I thought he would learn because that is how I work too when I don't know enough about something. When I get more information or learn more things about something, my thoughts change. So I expected it in him too.

Osensitive1

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2010, 03:53:50 PM »
Have texture issues so more of a cruncher and not fond of most things mush or goo, but have known of an adult who ate baby food because they liked it.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2010, 10:21:18 PM »
I have never tried baby food. Except when I was a baby of course.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2010, 05:28:41 AM »

I used to drive him crazy because he was ignorant. I would do things to piss him off. That was one of the reasons why I stayed in a relationship with him. That's how I deal with stupid people. If they want my respect, listen to me and stop being an idiot. At first I was patient with him but when he refused to listen and learn, I lost my patience and started to mess with him.

With my aspie mind, I still assume at times everyone will think like me and be like me and I thought if I teach him something or inform him of something, he will listen and learn because that is what I do when I learn things. But I forget there are stupid people out there who will believe whatever they want and not listen to you and learn when you tell them things.

I knew he was ignorant when we first met but I thought he would learn because that is how I work too when I don't know enough about something. When I get more information or learn more things about something, my thoughts change. So I expected it in him too.

It sounds like his problem was not ignorance but that he was sadistic and he didn't care about your feelings.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2010, 05:35:11 AM »
Baby food fruit was OK, but my daughter preferred well cooked vegetables that I made from fresh or frozen for her even when she was a baby. So did I when I was a baby, my mother told me.  I didn't care for baby food, even when I was a baby.

I gave my daughter baby cereal mixed with breast milk, but she didn't really like it unless I made it liquid enough that she could drink it from a bottle with a cross cut nipple.  I think it was the texture she hated since she also didn't like mashed potatoes.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2010, 03:52:12 PM »
Baby food fruit was OK, but my daughter preferred well cooked vegetables that I made from fresh or frozen for her even when she was a baby. So did I when I was a baby, my mother told me.  I didn't care for baby food, even when I was a baby.

I gave my daughter baby cereal mixed with breast milk, but she didn't really like it unless I made it liquid enough that she could drink it from a bottle with a cross cut nipple.  I think it was the texture she hated since she also didn't like mashed potatoes.

None of my daughters liked baby cereal. It was breast-milk and bread for them. No porridge-like stuff. They just skipped that stage. They would drink a mug of weak tea with some milk with the bread though. The oldest still won't eat things like porridge, and she hates mashed potatoes. The youngest does like porridge and other things with a structure like that. She also likes mashed potatoes.

The only kid that I have seen who liked babyfood, also as a toddler, had a Mum who loved the stuff. She could feed her kid convinced that it tasted good.
I have wondered about that, if my kids decided to dislike what I thought smelled gross. They were home cooked vegetables eating babies.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!