Author Topic: Hi, I'm new here  (Read 4133 times)

Offline Meadow

• Delicate Flower of the Autie Elite
  • Postwhore
Re: Hi, I'm new here
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2010, 12:07:01 PM »
I'm the sensitive type. Sinsboldly is not.  :finger:

You're both sensitive. :zoinks:

I won't be placed in the same category. She couldn't possibly be sensitive. If she is, we aren't talking about the same thing. She might be sensitive as in, poor me. That isn't sensitive. That is bullshit.

You haven't been here long enough to understand the significance of that statement. Sensitive are all those people who leave this place for one reason or another, whining about how mean we are or how mean people are in general. Sinsboldly couldn't cope so she left.

You're right! Thanks for clearing that up.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2010, 12:19:27 PM »

I won't be placed in the same category. She couldn't possibly be sensitive. If she is, we aren't talking about the same thing. She might be sensitive as in, poor me. That isn't sensitive. That is bullshit.

You haven't been here long enough to understand the significance of that statement. Sensitive are all those people who leave this place for one reason or another, whining about how mean we are or how mean people are in general. Sinsboldly couldn't cope so she left.

you're welcome. ;)

We always ask n00bs if they are the sensitive type. Some actually are and it's pretty obvious they won't last.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Meadow

• Delicate Flower of the Autie Elite
  • Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2010, 12:36:10 PM »

you're welcome. ;)

We always ask n00bs if they are the sensitive type. Some actually are and it's pretty obvious they won't last.

I'm the "wounded" "damaged" type and might not last. But you never know.   :zoinks:

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2010, 12:38:04 PM »

you're welcome. ;)

What did you think of me then about the sensitive type? Did you think I would last? Were you surprised I came back?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2010, 12:44:54 PM »

you're welcome. ;)

I'm the "wounded" "damaged" type and might not last. But you never know.   :zoinks:

:zoinks:

You'll do fine. Internets are serious business but you'll do fine. ;D
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2010, 12:46:02 PM »

you're welcome. ;)

What did you think of me then about the sensitive type? Did you think I would last? Were you surprised I came back?

No, I think you're pretty strong.

- Albert Einstein

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2010, 02:30:03 PM »

you're welcome. ;)

Would you see me as the sensitive guy? :violin: (yes I thought I add a little violin tune to spice the convo up a little) :P
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2010, 05:42:48 PM »

you're welcome. ;)

Would you see me as the sensitive guy? :violin: (yes I thought I add a little violin tune to spice the convo up a little) :P

Too soon to tell. Stick around for a while and we may have reason to return to this topic.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2010, 06:21:28 PM »

you're welcome. ;)

I thought you were a little too sensitive at first, but I really admired the way you dealt with it.  I think you are strong now.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2010, 07:55:10 PM »
I am sensitive  :'(
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2010, 08:16:09 PM »

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2010, 09:20:12 PM »

you're welcome. ;)

I thought you were a little too sensitive at first, but I really admired the way you dealt with it.  I think you are strong now.

This place toughened me up and since then people have backed off. I was more sensitive then. I remember how people here didn't like how I handled my conflict with eclair but I've learned to use the callout board next time if I ever have another issue with a person here. I could do one on Meadow but neah, I've grown bored of the drama and feel ready to move on. I think I needed her here for me to let it all out (but it was the wrong Meadow) and then I was fully over it. Her seeing the whole thing was good enough. Besides I don't think she's worth it. Now to stop obsessing about her. My obsessive thinking makes me look like an ass.

I even started a thread at two aspie forums asking if picking on sensitive people toughens them up and do they agree to that. I find that true to an extent because it's true for some people but not for everyone. I don't ever recommend this forum for sensitive people and if they are curious about this place and want to see it, I warn them about you guys.   

I am sensitive  :'(

You don't seem to be. You do good playing the tough guy then.

Osensitive1

« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2010, 09:33:34 PM »
I even started a thread at two aspie forums asking if picking on sensitive people toughens them up and do they agree to that.
It depends on the spirit of the picker. Whenever jokes unintentionally rub people the wrong way, sometimes have to save the moment by saying, "I only pick on people I like". This is true. Why would hardening pepole with malice be considered a good thing? So they are more prepared for the crap of the world? Would rather leave the responsibility of those crummy lessons up to the world.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2010, 10:03:44 PM »
I was joking Kit.  :asthing:

I am just me. I am not easily rattled by the internets. I try keeping it all in perspective.
Changes at work, financial squeezes, issues with my kids or what not. These rattle shit out of me but not the interwebs.
I come here to relax and enjoy. If it stopped being so I would move on.

Tough guy? Thanks. *Beats chest appreciatively*
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2010, 11:44:02 PM »
I even started a thread at two aspie forums asking if picking on sensitive people toughens them up and do they agree to that.
It depends on the spirit of the picker. Whenever jokes unintentionally rub people the wrong way, sometimes have to save the moment by saying, "I only pick on people I like". This is true. Why would hardening pepole with malice be considered a good thing? So they are more prepared for the crap of the world? Would rather leave the responsibility of those crummy lessons up to the world.

When I first joined here, members made fun of me and weren't nice to me. One member told me here they were trying to toughen me up.

What I have seen here is when newbies join, we tend to be hard on them and act like jerks when we find they are the sensitive type. We've had a few members running from this forum saying how mean we are and quite a few have even questioned our diagnoses. That will set me off. I once said in one of those threads I have a NT Personality Disorder. I was making fun of the person who was questioning our diagnoses. I get so sick of that crap.

Some people think making fun of others toughens them up because they will get so sick of it they decide they are not going to let people get to them and ruin their days.