Educational

Author Topic: Fred Phelps & all members of the WBC are totally gay  (Read 2557 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Fred Phelps & all members of the WBC are totally gay
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2010, 12:24:14 PM »
No agree dude. They came to fort leavenworth once while I was stationed there. Off the record, a bunch of guys pelted them with rocks. I won't say I did.... but.. ;)

If anyone deserves stoning, it's them.
Why? They're not doing anything illegal. The First Amendment guarantees they're allowed to do what they're doing.

Have you ever lost someone close to you?

I have.

I can't even imagine how much the grief of these people who have lost loved ones is magnified when Fred Phelps' group pickets their funerals.

Matthew Shepard lived fairly close to here and what happened to him was very much in the news here.

He was beaten into a coma, robbed, hung on a fence, and left for dead by two men who set out to rob and murder a gay man.

Then Fred Phelp's group picketed his funeral carrying signs saying things like "God Hates Fags" and "Matthew Shepard rots in Hell".

They also picket the funerals of servicemen who are killed, saying that they are being killed as vengeance from God for protecting a country that harbors gays.

I know it's not illegal to picket, but I think it's evil to picket people's funerals like this.

I think what they do goes beyond First Amendment protected free speech and I don't blame people for throwing rocks at them.

Osensitive1

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2010, 05:01:08 PM »
Correct, a funeral picket does seem closer to personal harassment Surely it is. All good points, but still no defense for vigilante acts of violence.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2010, 05:44:17 PM »
No agree dude. They came to fort leavenworth once while I was stationed there. Off the record, a bunch of guys pelted them with rocks. I won't say I did.... but.. ;)

Why? They're not doing anything illegal. The First Amendment guarantees they're allowed to do what they're doing.
first amendment rights works both ways

Isabitch

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2010, 05:51:53 PM »
Fred Phelps is hott.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2010, 07:28:35 PM »

[attachment deleted by admin]
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Isabitch

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2010, 07:35:52 PM »
Shirley is a looker too

Offline Herman's Hermits

• News Box Feature
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2010, 08:19:14 PM »

I have.
That's irrelevant.
I can't even imagine how much the grief of these people who have lost loved ones is magnified when Fred Phelps' group pickets their funerals.
The First Amendment guarantees them the right to picket a funeral and yell at people.

Matthew Shepard lived fairly close to here and what happened to him was very much in the news here.

He was beaten into a coma, robbed, hung on a fence, and left for dead by two men who set out to rob and murder a gay man.

Then Fred Phelp's group picketed his funeral carrying signs saying things like "God Hates Fags" and "Matthew Shepard rots in Hell".
They're within their rights to protest a funeral.

They also picket the funerals of servicemen who are killed, saying that they are being killed as vengeance from God for protecting a country that harbors gays.

I know it's not illegal to picket, but I think it's evil to picket people's funerals like this.

I think what they do goes beyond First Amendment protected free speech and I don't blame people for throwing rocks at them.
I thought the military was fighting for its citizens freedom...  I would think you'd support these people and their rights to assemble and their right to yell at people. Just because you find whatever they're doing offensive, doesn't mean their rights should be restricted or anyone else.

Is it okay for people to throw rocks at you?

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2010, 08:29:02 PM »

I have.
That's irrelevant.
The First Amendment guarantees them the right to picket a funeral and yell at people.

I thought the military was fighting for its citizens freedom...  I would think you'd support these people and their rights to assemble and their right to yell at people. Just because you find whatever they're doing offensive, doesn't mean their rights should be restricted or anyone else.

Well, you better start praying there isn't a religious group who thinks someone with a disability is an abomination in God's eyes.

Because, quite frankly, what is the point of retards, they will just recreate more retards....about time for some genetic cleansing.

Same concept.

Scrapheap

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2010, 09:02:56 PM »

That hasn't been decided yet, the case is going to the supreme court.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2010, 09:18:23 PM »
Stoning people is plain wrong, no matter what they say to you.   Try insulting their retarded religion to make them angry.   The vigilante thing ends up making you look bad.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2010, 09:21:09 PM »
Stoning people is plain wrong, no matter what they say to you.   Try insulting their retarded religion to make them angry.   The vigilante thing ends up making you look bad.

But it's satisfying though. But I wouldn't be cruel enough to throw rocks, I'd use a rifle to splatter their brains all over the pavement. :orly:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2010, 09:26:17 PM »
Stoning people is plain wrong, no matter what they say to you.   Try insulting their retarded religion to make them angry.   The vigilante thing ends up making you look bad.

But it's satisfying though. But I wouldn't be cruel enough to throw rocks, I'd use a rifle to splatter their brains all over the pavement. :orly:
You do that where nobody can see you do it.   Vigilantes that attract attention to themselves are idiots.  You don't get caught so you can do it again and again.   Your reaction in a public setting can't go the way of stoning.   If the person mysteriously disappears a few days after the offense, that is a different matter entirely.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2010, 09:29:06 PM »

You do that where nobody can see you do it.   Vigilantes that attract attention to themselves are idiots.  You don't get caught so you can do it again and again.   Your reaction in a public setting can't go the way of stoning.   If the person mysteriously disappears a few days after the offense, that is a different matter entirely.

Well to state the obvious here, stealth is always the best approach; especially when touching on such morally questionable actions like vigilantism.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Scrapheap

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2010, 09:32:40 PM »

Yeah, except ammo is expensive these days, and i'm not sure that any members of the WBC are worth a bullet. Not only that, spattering their brains is too quick of a death. I say these fucks deserve death through impalement!!!  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline Herman's Hermits

• News Box Feature
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2010, 12:15:33 AM »

I have.
That's irrelevant.

Well, you better start praying there isn't a religious group who thinks someone with a disability is an abomination in God's eyes.

Because, quite frankly, what is the point of retards, they will just recreate more retards....about time for some genetic cleansing.

Same concept.

I'm indifferent about others religious beliefs. I believe they should be able to practice whichever religion they choose. Why should I start praying that there isnot a religious group who thinks people with disabilities are an abomination? Why should I be concerned about their beliefs? How does their religious beliefs affect me?