Educational

Author Topic: Pipe smokers?  (Read 777 times)

TheoK

Re: Pipe smokers?
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2010, 09:50:59 AM »
In Sweden we pay booze tax according to how much alcohol the booze contains, so a fine whisky mustn't be much more expensive here than where it's made, if it's not much over 40% alcohol by volume.

The new government promised to lower the alcohol tax considerably, which they didn't do once they came to power, of course.  :thumbdn:

They don't tax the alcohol here, they tax the bottle it comes in. You're supposeed to get the money back when you send it to the recylers, but they keep the money for themselves.  :grrr:

Both alcohol and tobacco are heavily taxed here. On petrol/gasoline we pay double taxes, over 80% of the price is tax!

Therefore, car owners must be really, really  :viking: !

I'm a car owner since 22 years and I'm  :viking:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Pipe smokers?
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2010, 09:52:05 AM »
In Sweden we pay booze tax according to how much alcohol the booze contains, so a fine whisky mustn't be much more expensive here than where it's made, if it's not much over 40% alcohol by volume.

The new government promised to lower the alcohol tax considerably, which they didn't do once they came to power, of course.  :thumbdn:

They don't tax the alcohol here, they tax the bottle it comes in. You're supposeed to get the money back when you send it to the recylers, but they keep the money for themselves.  :grrr:

Both alcohol and tobacco are heavily taxed here. On petrol/gasoline we pay double taxes, over 80% of the price is tax!

Therefore, car owners must be really, really  :viking: !

I'm a car owner since 22 years and I'm  :viking:

How old are you now?  :P
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"