Educational

Author Topic: George Carlin's take on "The American Dream"  (Read 312 times)

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
George Carlin's take on "The American Dream"
« on: March 29, 2010, 07:44:21 AM »
blew the top of my head clean off and then reattached it:

Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
Re: George Carlin's take on "The American Dream"
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 08:11:38 AM »
Yeah I downloaded the whole DVD a few weeks ago, but he's spot on. I mean you notice all the laws and trade agreements are slowly but surely turning towards the favour of big business and multinational corporations. And us citizens have no rights any more except the right to bend over and take it up the ass.

Scrapheap

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 10:52:25 AM »
Isn't it funny how comedians like George Carlin and John Stewart can tell more truth about politics through a few jokes than a dozen talking head pundits could in a whole hour??

DukeNukem

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 06:04:09 PM »
The top of that guy's bald head is almost as shiny as my Balls of Carbon Fiber-plated Steel(TM)! :evillaugh:

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 06:46:32 PM »
Yeah I downloaded the whole DVD a few weeks ago, but he's spot on. I mean you notice all the laws and trade agreements are slowly but surely turning towards the favour of big business and multinational corporations. And us citizens have no rights any more except the right to bend over and take it up the ass.
They have always been that way, if not moreso in the past.   Anti-trust and monopoly measures have attempted to stifle it a bit.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 12:40:26 AM »
Isn't it funny how comedians like George Carlin and John Stewart can tell more truth about politics through a few jokes than a dozen talking head pundits could in a whole hour??

The same reason(s) why carton shows like The Simpsons and Family Guy get away with way more raunchy and subversive material. It goes under the radar.
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 04:07:50 AM »

The same reason(s) why carton shows like The Simpsons and Family Guy get away with way more raunchy and subversive material. It goes under the radar.

No, censoring humour would be the proof that what was said was right. Condoning it, even laughing about it, makes it look that it isn't that bad yet.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 12:17:10 AM »

No, censoring humour would be the proof that what was said was right. Condoning it, even laughing about it, makes it look that it isn't that bad yet.

True that.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 12:18:42 AM »
Like the original ending of the original version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers: The pod people stop chasing Miles Bennell as he crosses the highway because, as one of them says, "No one will believe him."