Educational

Author Topic: paypal  (Read 504 times)

Frolic_Fun

Re: paypal
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 11:32:50 PM »
I move substantial amounts of money through my account and I got no lip from them. :zoinks:

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2010, 01:32:03 AM »
I move substantial amounts of money through my account and I got no lip from them. :zoinks:

That just proves their insanity. If they did something about that all the time then there would be some sort of consistency to their actions.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2010, 02:05:20 AM »
Sometimes people will file a claim claiming they never got their item just so they get their money back and they keep the item.

That's why you use registered post.

But how does that help paypal?

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2010, 05:23:22 AM »
Sometimes people will file a claim claiming they never got their item just so they get their money back and they keep the item.

That's why you use registered post.

But how does that help paypal?

Because registered post means that there is proof that the person received the goods. You show that proof (you get sent a piece of paper send back to you), and then paypal rules in your favour.

Simple
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 07:13:03 AM by Phlexor »

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2010, 06:03:46 AM »
I meant how would you prove to paypal you have registered your package? Tell them the tracking number so they can look it up?

If you printed off a shipping label using paypal, then I guess they would already know.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2010, 07:14:52 AM »
I meant how would you prove to paypal you have registered your package? Tell them the tracking number so they can look it up?

If you printed off a shipping label using paypal, then I guess they would already know.

I'm not sure what it's called here or over there, but you pay extra and when it is delivered, the person signs for it and the postie tears off your copy and mails it back to you as proof or something. When you get that, you know it has been sent and received.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2010, 07:17:31 AM »

I'm not sure what it's called here or over there, but you pay extra and when it is delivered, the person signs for it and the postie tears off your copy and mails it back to you as proof or something. When you get that, you know it has been sent and received.

I think we call it "certified."
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2010, 07:18:49 AM »

Yup. Just Googled it.  :thumbup:

People forget.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2010, 07:19:19 AM »

As you can see I don't do posting, my wife does all that stuff.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2010, 07:19:50 AM »

I think it is called Certified mail with Return Receipt Requested here.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2010, 07:21:52 AM »

I think it is called Certified mail with Return Receipt Requested here.

Ah yes, that is the more complete answer.  8)

People forget.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2010, 07:53:51 AM »
But yeah, you get the return receipt and you scan that in as your proof to paypal that the person received their goods. Dispute over. 

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2010, 07:56:30 AM »
But yeah, you get the return receipt and you scan that in as your proof to paypal that the person received their goods. Dispute over. 

That explains why postage and handling costs are so high when one buys something on eBay.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2010, 06:46:39 PM »
Most of the sellers just use delivery confirmation, due to the fees with certified & potential delay if the person you're sending the package to isn't home at the time of delivery.  If you print the postage out through Paypal & include delivery confirmation the tracking number is on the transaction info and shows up in Paypal and in "My Ebay".

The only thing about delivery confirmation though, it's only a record that the package was delivered and to what address, not that the actual person you addressed the package to received it...as no signature is required. This is where you have to make sure to only ship to a Paypal confirmed/verified address to "cover your ass", as there is no fraud protection if you would ship to an unconfirmed one.

Had my account by them froze over 8 years ago, (my account on Ebay was hacked, I caught it quick, but they froze my Paypal account as a "precaution") had a hell of a time and spent over a month on the phone trying to get them to unfreeze it.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2010, 05:50:04 PM »
The lady had problems so she asked today if I would except CASH for the rest :2thumbsup:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw